The Jets are GOOD, and Zach Wilson sucks.

Lupz27

37 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You avoided the question. Where should he be right now in his development to be "on schedule: in your opinion?

To put it in NHL terms, I want to see a game where Zach is the 1st star of the game.  Yesterday I'd rank him the 3rd star, behind the defense and running game (includes the OL).   That is NOT a knock on how he played yesterday.  But if we're going to contend, we're going to need Zach to at least be able to be the driver of the team's success.  I said "be able to be" because I recognize that every game is different.  Some games we're going to have the defense or running game win it for us.  But there will come a big game where we'll need "Zach can carry us" in the team's arsenal.

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Not even 1.5 seasons, which is now in the neighborhood of 25 games.  I think yesterday was his 19th game.  Also, and the haters won’t care about this, he Missed ALL preseason this year.  Not unfair to suggest that he needed a little time to get his legs under him playing this season.

He pretty much just Started his 2nd season around now.

The haters live to be contrarians, getting a reaction and feeling a sense of “mattering” or being paid attention to in the midst of their otherwise lonely laptopian existences. 

• Upvote 2

I joined this board and choose my handle as “WeCantDraftGoodQB’s” (I couldn’t fit in “Anymore”), after watching last week’s horrible QB performance by Zach. I too wrote a scathing review about his lack of mechanics and pleaded for LaFluer to switch Zach’s focus to improving his short passing game so we don’t have so many 3 and outs.

After yesterdays game I have to give credit where credit is due and yesterday Zach demonstrated much improved accuracy with his short passing (after his early series). 

Is Zach the reason the Jets won, not in a long shot . . . our dominant defense and solid running game (especially in the 4th qtr) should be given the majority of the credit. But Zach’s performance did not actually hurt the team again yesterday like it did against the Pats.

I am not saying Zach will be a future Hall Of Famer like Broadway Joe, I don’t even know if he’s going to be our QB in a few years from now. I’m just saying he showed a lot of growth from the previous week and that is what I hope to see from a young QB.

Hopefully going into this bye week LaFleur will have him continue to focus on improving his short passing game accuracy. I would love to see Zach demonstrate his continued growth as a QB and keep gaining more credibility with a win against the Pats when we play them in our next game right after this bye week.

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To put it in NHL terms, I want to see a game where Zach is the 1st star of the game.  Yesterday I'd rank him the 3rd star, behind the defense and running game (includes the OL).   That is NOT a knock on how he played yesterday.  But if we're going to contend, we're going to need Zach to at least be able to be the driver of the team's success.  I said "be able to be" because I recognize that every game is different.  Some games we're going to have the defense or running game win it for us.  But there will come a big game where we'll need "Zach can carry us" in the team's arsenal.

wasn't he first star vs the Titans last season as well as the Bucs?

• Upvote 2

Without going back and reading 7 pages I just have to say that at one point during yesterday's game they put the stat comparison between Josh Allen and Zach Wilson at the same point in their careers and the numbers were almost identical which really made me re-think what I have been saying about the kid. It was refreshing to see him play with guts yesterday, staying in that pocket and throwing it instead of playing sandlot football pretending he is Fran Tarkenton circa 1973

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Both can be true.

It was true with the 09/10 Jets and Sanchez.  You green googled homers will eventually see.

I thought our openly gay mods (not that there's anything wrong with that) were supposed to prevent this dude from starting anymore threads? Put down the cheeseburger Crusher!!!

44 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Without going back and reading 7 pages I just have to say that at one point during yesterday's game they put the stat comparison between Josh Allen and Zach Wilson at the same point in their careers and the numbers were almost identical which really made me re-think what I have been saying about the kid. It was refreshing to see him play with guts yesterday, staying in that pocket and throwing it instead of playing sandlot football pretending he is Fran Tarkenton circa 1973

This right here.

My gut says that he will not be "the one" but it does take time for these QB's to really learn the game. Biggest issue for me is just play smarter.  Don't try and play hero and learn to respect that there are 11 professionals paid millions of dollars on the field to defense and shut you down.

7 pages on here, countless tweets and articles, yet to see a single statistician bring up the following today... 

Week 1: (WIN) Matthew Stafford - 29/41, 240 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT (63.1 rating) - 7 sack, 1 fumble 
Week 2: (WIN) Ryan Tannehill - 11/20, 117 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT (32.7 rating) - 2 sack 
Week 3: (LOSS) Tua Tagovailoa - 13/18, 186 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT (123.8 rating) - 1 sack 
Week 4: (WIN) Lamar Jackson - 20/29, 144 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT (63.0 rating) - 2 sack 
Week 5: (WIN) Kenny Pickett - 34/52, 327 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT (74.8 rating) - 3 sack 
Week 6: (WIN) Patrick Mahomes - 25/40, 338 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT (85.2 rating) - 3 sack 

Week 8: (WIN) Aaron Rodgers - 19/30, 203 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT (91.4 rating) - 2 sacks
Week 9: (LOSS) Zach Wilson - 18/25, 154 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT (101.1 rating) - 2 sacks, 1 fumble 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lupz makes an interesting post (taking an "unapproved position") and gets a ton of crap for it.

Not sure what is meant by "unapproved."  But it's pretty clear that this interesting post is almost universally disagreed with.

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Meanwhile, JN Captain, FidelioJet says that he thinks Jet fans are the worst fan base in all of sports and nobody seems to care.

FidelioJet should use the original post of this thread as an example for his worst fanbase post.  He says the fanbase is bad and then boom!  Almost right on queue, we get a horrible take like this on the same day the Jets get to 6-3 and win their biggest game in 7 years with Wilson having a 100+ Rating and outplaying Josh Allen.

I like Lupz but this is just a bad thread delivered at exactly the worst time to start it.  He'll be the guy at the ticker tape parade for the Jets Super Bowl saying, "Meh, I guess the parade was good, but it was a little chilly." lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

It really worked yesterday.  He was throwing darts quickly and effectively.  The next challenge though will be that opponents will try to take away those quick throws, maybe jamming WRs at the line more often and having LBs crowd the quick slant lanes.  Zach and the Jets will have to adapt to that.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure what is meant by "unapproved."  But it's pretty clear that this interesting post is almost universally disagreed with.

FidelioJet should use the original post of this thread as an example for his worst fanbase post.  He says the fanbase is bad and then boom!  Almost right on queue, we get a horrible take like this on the same day the Jets get to 6-3 and win their biggest game in 7 years.

I like Lupz but this is just a bad thread delivered at exactly the worst time to start it.  He'll be the guy at the ticker tape parade for the Jets Super Bowl saying, "Meh, I guess the parade was good, but it was a little chilly." lol

Prior to yesterday's game most of the forum was very down on Zach.  He has one solid game and now it's "if you question Zach's greatness then that's why we're the worst fan base in all of sports"?! 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I thought our openly gay mods (not that there's anything wrong with that) were supposed to prevent this dude from starting anymore threads? Put down the cheeseburger Crusher!!!

Why would I not be allowed to start threads?  I’ve started like 20 total in like 13 years maybe a tad more but not much more.  Sorry my opinion of the Jets QB triggers you.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Prior to yesterday's game most of the forum was very down on Zach.  He has one solid game and now it's "if you question Zach's greatness then that's why we're the worst fan base in all of sports"?! 

Yeah it’s almost like society today in general.  Get out the pitch forks when the masses disagree with a opinion that like you stated most shared prior to this week.

Guys want me banned, calling me names and questioning why I still have thread starting capabilities.  Why hasn’t Lupz been canceled yet.

Again love this team except the QB.  This is a contending roster possible SB contenders with a good QB.

Remember when Mark Sanchez out played Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers and Carson Palmer in the playoffs?  Yeah me to, and Sanchez still sucked his team carried him same as what’s going on now.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It really worked yesterday.  He was throwing darts quickly and effectively.  The next challenge though will be that opponents will try to take away those quick throws, maybe jamming WRs at the line more often and having LBs crowd the quick slant lanes.  Zach and the Jets will have to adapt to that.

I think the game plan was to get the ball out early, plus I love watching Zach and his different arm slots. MLF was calling plays yesterday that required Zach to make 2-3 reads before tucking it or throwing it away. That's what Zach is good at right now at this stage of his career. 

A good running game should keep the LBs at the LOS. Play action should freeze them as well. This was MLF best game as an OC, he kept the defense honest. Nice mixture of running and passing plays, kept feeding the ball to Garrett. Very few slow developing plays he likes to call. As MLF matures as an OC, so does the offense as an unit. 

• Upvote 1

The games where Zach played well this season proved to me that he was worth the Number 2 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.  That is a $9mm guaranteed for 4 years with a 5th year option.  The Jets paid McCown and Fitzpatrick more than $9mm.  

For the Jets to build upon this year, while paying Quinnen and others, will be to not overpay for the QB position.  Paying Garoppolo $25mm may be that.  

Like with Sanchez, if the Jets pay Wilson top QB, using up that valuable cap space, the roster then may not be able to support him.  

That is why I think two viable options in the future could be to:

• draft a QB in round 1 or 2 as a cheap backup and Plan B.  The Jets will likely pick 17-32.
  • If Wilson continues to play well, maybe extend him early but for a second tier cap amount.

Paying Wilson Russell Wilson/Dylan Murray, etc. money will be the death of this team.  

53 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah it’s almost like society today in general.  Get out the pitch forks when the masses disagree with a opinion that like you stated most shared prior to this week.

Guys want me banned, calling me names and questioning why I still have thread starting capabilities.  Why hasn’t Lupz been canceled yet.

Again love this team except the QB.  This is a contending roster possible SB contenders with a good QB.

Remember when Mark Sanchez out played Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers and Carson Palmer in the playoffs?  Yeah me to, and Sanchez still sucked his team carried him same as what’s going on now.

We know you wanted Mahomes as did a lot of us, time to move on. It seems like you haven’t recovered, you have disappeared since. I agreed with many of your posts in the past. It seems you are scorned. Wilson is not going to be on Mahomes  level overnight we knew that coming in. They put a hell of a team around him, let’s at least let the season play out. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Stop with the personal attacks.  I have an opinion about the Jets and their QB.  I’ve been here 13 years and have provided plenty of good content to great content stop.

You might be right?

But… ZW’s universal improvement list;

1) Don’t turn the ball over.  Check. (minus the Von Miller play)

2) Get the ball out quick.  Check.

3) Don’t backpedal away from the rush, step up in the pocket instead.  Check.

4) Run for a first down.  Check.  Twice, actually.

5) Make a few timely 3rd down conversion throws.  Check.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 7:29 AM, Dunnie said:

... Something 90% of this board thought was a pipe dream in week 1.

5-1 .... Let that sink in and bathe in Zach's greatness.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 11/7/2022 at 8:42 AM, Jet Nut said:

Why because you don’t believe a QB can win a game for a team unless he throws for some arbitrary # of yards?  
Meanwhile the OP and those who wanted Fields claim he’s played much better QB with around 65 less yardage per game.  
He outplayed the leagues best QB and won the game but he didn’t actually win the game?    

This thread (as a whole, not just the 2 posts pasted above) is funny to look back on.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2022 at 10:44 PM, Lupz27 said:

I’m the sensitive one?  I point out our flaw and get attacked like I’m Hitler.  In 4 weeks I’ll be collecting receipts alla Saleh ? ✌️ 

2 weeks.

On 11/6/2022 at 10:47 PM, Pac said:

I think Zach is still currently a bottom tier QB but he's drastically reduced the pirouettes and we just beat the disgusting Bills.  

He demonstrated that he can at least avoid imploding after being raked over the coals all week.  Ill take it for now.

Aged very well.

• Haha 2

On 11/7/2022 at 12:01 PM, FloridaJetsFan said:

On 11/7/2022 at 12:55 PM, Lupz27 said:

Why would I not be allowed to start threads?  I’ve started like 20 total in like 13 years maybe a tad more but not much more.  Sorry my opinion of the Jets QB triggers you.

On 11/7/2022 at 1:01 PM, Lupz27 said:

Glad you can still start threads, Lupz.  

• Haha 1