Garrett Wilson Today

8 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Just re-watched every throw Zach made to GW17. 

He catches everything, no matter where Zach puts it. He is so shifty and freaky good. Him recovering his own fumble shows his athleticism and determination. 

But his best play was his catch out of bounds. Go to 6:12 in the video and watch his one-handed catch with a defender all over him.  (Click on the link to "Watch on YouTube.")

It's  nice to see GW has shaken off the drops. Maybe it was nerves or lack of concentration but this is good to see

Also good to see Zach going to him and trusting him as often as he is now. 

1 minute ago, frankiepapa said:

Didn't watch the video and not sure if it was addressed but even the incomplete pass in the end zone where he was out of bounds, another foot of real estate and that's an incredible one handed grab... my concern is how some of these defenses are giving him a little too much business after he's tackled... early in the game he was down on his knees and he got popped... scary

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Same concern for me.  It seems very obvious that the "book" on how to play against GW is to be very physical with him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, Elijah is getting open. I don’t know wtf the issue is, but we’d be a veritable powerhouse if they could get him the ball too.

It was weird, they sent Moore on that strange little motion loop in the backfield and never tossed him the ball. Hopefully after the BI they will get him involved. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, Elijah is getting open. I don’t know wtf the issue is, but we’d be a veritable powerhouse if they could get him the ball too.

Since Zach stopped throwing to him the Jets are 5 and 1.  The Jets are a powerhouse in this years NFL.  Moore is an afterthought now that we have real talent at WR and TE. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Same concern for me.  It seems very obvious that the "book" on how to play against GW is to be very physical with him. 

He faced press coverage on something like 75% of his routes yesterday, I believe the most of any receiver in the league this season. Didn’t slow him down. Defenses are resorting to cheap shots, would be nice to get a flag at some point before it gets out of hand.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pressing him at the LOS is a big mistake. He will make even the best CBs in the league pay if you try to play up on him 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1