Jump to content

AFCE toughest division in the NFL


Kleckineau
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dolphins offence looks unplayable - We actually may be one of the few teams who can slow them down because of our DB's but Waddle and Hill together are just a cheat code. With them making the move for Chubb they're all in on winning now.

Our next game is huge and could either open things up for a special season or see another reality check. It would be just like us to become legit again and still get swept by a mediocre New England team. Just like when Brady goes away Josh Allen shows up - We're cursed with this f*cking division. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Dolphins offence looks unplayable - We actually may be one of the few teams who can slow them down because of our DB's but Waddle and Hill together are just a cheat code. With them making the move for Chubb they're all in on winning now.

Our next game is huge and could either open things up for a special season or see another reality check. It would be just like us to become legit again and still get swept by a mediocre New England team. Just like when Brady goes away Josh Allen shows up - We're cursed with this f*cking division. 

Spot On. That game will be UUUuuuuge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 of the top 8 AFC teams are in the East.

North and West have definite splits - 2 good teams, 2 bad ones. South has 3 bad teams. 

I know it's still early but it looks like it's down to 9 teams for the 7 playoff spots. Bengals are 9th spot at 5-4, next is Indy at 3-5-1.

In the NFC, Bucs are atop their division at 4-5. In ours, Patsies are 5-4 and in last place.

Our game in two weeks is so big now ... not just to get the hooded monkey off our shoulders, but overall positioning, playoff tie-breakers etc. We're 4-0 on the road so far this year, let's make it 5-0. :-) 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

4 of the top 8 AFC teams are in the East.

North and West have definite splits - 2 good teams, 2 bad ones. South has 3 bad teams. 

I know it's still early but it looks like it's down to 9 teams for the 7 playoff spots. Bengals are 9th spot at 5-4, next is Indy at 3-5-1.

In the NFC, Bucs are atop their division at 4-5. In ours, Patsies are 5-4 and in last place.

Our game in two weeks is so big now ... not just to get the hooded monkey off our shoulders, but overall positioning, playoff tie-breakers etc. We're 4-0 on the road so far this year, let's make it 5-0. :-) 

Cinci has a pretty hard schedule, could easily see them with a bunch more losses.  ten, kc, ne, buf, bal, tb

Chargers have KC, Miami, Ten - worried about them.

Miami has a easier schedule also Buf, LAC, NE, Jets - the last two divisional games probably decide the playoffs.

NE has a pretty hard schedule also,  Jets (ha!), Min, Buf, Cin, Miami, Buf

If the Jets win the 3 they are "suppose to win at home"  chi, det, jac.  if we sneak another win there out of ne, min, buf, sea, mia - i think we get in with 10 wins.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

The season is half over and every team has a winning record.

The Bills are a favorite to win it all and yesterday our NYJ showed the world they can play hard nosed ball and beat ANYBODY.

The Dolphins are not to be taken lightly. Their HC seems to be a great motivator and when healthy Tua is a big problem.

Patriots? As long as the evil one is there pushing the buttons they are never to be taken lightly. He always finds a way to a winning record somehow even when his QB is nothing special.

After so many years of the Pats dominating and everyone else being 'meh' to 'bad' in the AFCE, this is really intriguing. Could we have 4 AFCE teams in the playoffs? I don't think so, given they play each so much, but that would be something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It really is, unfortunately.  Jets finally get good and there is an MVP battle going between the QB of the Bills and the Dolphins. 

 

 

The flip side to that is the Jets aren’t a 1-player team.

With Tua off the field the Jets murdered Miami by the time the dust settled.

With Allen off the field… well imagine at will because we just beat up on him, too.

With any one player off the field for the Jets? They’re still almost as good. Yeah Sauce is playing lights out for a rookie (or Reed a crazy bargain for a veteran in his prime) and QW1 may be the DPOY outright, but I don’t think this defense totally falls apart without any one of them; and while I’m plenty happy with his game yesterday, Wilson certainly isn’t the #1 reason for these wins.

As it is they lost both starting tackles all year and are 6-3 ffs. Like what team does that?

This Jets team is ****ing nasty. If Wilson suddenly becomes even 80% of what they wanted him to be on draft day this team would be almost unbeatable; but take him away and we’re still a major handful. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I was just thinking this last night ... its real .. The Jets are part of the toughest division in football.

And they’re one of if not the reason it is so tough.  Fish, Bills and Pats could all play to their records but if the Jets were the team that Brady F’n Quinn predicted the whole division would look different.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The flip side to that is the Jets aren’t a 1-player team.

With Tua off the field the Jets murdered Miami by the time the dust settled.

With Allen off the field… well imagine at will because we just beat up on him, too.

With any one player off the field for the Jets? They’re still almost as good. Yeah Sauce is playing lights out for a rookie (or Reed a crazy bargain for a veteran in his prime) and QW1 may be the DPOY outright, but I don’t think this defense totally falls apart without any one of them; and while I’m plenty happy with his game yesterday, Wilson certainly isn’t the #1 reason for these wins.

As it is they lost both starting tackles all year and are 6-3 ffs. Like what team does that?

This Jets team is ****ing nasty. If Wilson suddenly becomes even 80% of what they wanted him to be on draft day this team would be almost unbeatable; but take him away and we’re still a major handful. 

Such a sexy post.  You're so sexy right now.  I'm going to ignore the almost 0-3 w/out Wilson stuff just because you're so sexy right now.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Such a sexy post.  You're so sexy right now.  I'm going to ignore the almost 0-3 w/out Wilson stuff just because you're so sexy right now.

Well I keep just calling him Wilson instead of specifying Zach, when I’m referring to the 2nd-best Wilson on offense. Whatever. This team is just so resilient. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well I keep just calling him Wilson instead of specifying Zach, when I’m referring to the 2nd-best Wilson on offense. Whatever. This team is just so resilient. 

They are quite resilient but they have very solid depth and great coaching.  It's a testament to JD, for sure but also you have to give credit to Saleh for sticking with his plan and giving all those young guys as many reps as he could last year.  No wasted runs w/ Frank Gore, or worthless snaps for Revis and Harris, or some stupid commitment to a vet who's about to leave the team.  Take your lumps, let them learn, let the team grow into the system and now, they're executing at a very high level and it's like anyone who's number is called, performs.  It's like fun and stuff.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

They are quite resilient but they have very solid depth and great coaching.  It's a testament to JD, for sure but also you have to give credit to Saleh for sticking with his plan and giving all those young guys as many reps as he could last year.  No wasted runs w/ Frank Gore, or worthless snaps for Revis and Harris, or some stupid commitment to a vet who's about to leave the team.  Take your lumps, let them learn, let the team grow into the system and now, they're executing at a very high level and it's like anyone who's number is called, performs.  It's like fun and stuff.

They’re without 3/5 of their preseason/offseason starting OL.

Their #2-#3 LT.

Their #3 RT.

Their #3 OG.

The only planned starters are Tomlinson & McDermott and they might even be the two weakest linemen as it is (not that it matters when they’re playing well as a unit like this). And with all these 2nd & 3rd string linemen out there, they still just ran it down the Bills’ throats.

Oh yeah, and they did so with their RB2 and some former starter they just got for a day 3 pick next year, since their beast of a RB1 is on IR himself.

Also while their veteran WR1 missed the game to injury, and their self-absorbed WR2/3 is being disciplined on & off the field.

Craziest. Depth. Ever. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They’re without 3/5 of their preseason/offseason starting OL.

Their #2-#3 LT.

Their #3 RT.

Their #3 OG.

The only planned starters are Tomlinson & McDermott and they might even be the two weakest linemen as it is (not that it matters when they’re playing well as a unit like this). And with all these 2nd & 3rd string linemen out there, they still just ran it down the Bills’ throats.

Oh yeah, and they did so with their RB2 and some former starter they just got for a day 3 pick next year, since their beast of a RB1 is on IR himself.

Also while their veteran WR1 missed the game to injury, and their self-absorbed WR2/3 is being disciplined on & off the field.

Craziest. Depth. Ever. 

James Robinson was a great get before the deadline too.  He's a player.  Really weird how he was treated in Jax.

Oh and they traded away a pass rusher and had 5 sacks the following game.  lmfao

It's bizzarro world. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

The season is half over and every team has a winning record.

The Bills are a favorite to win it all and yesterday our NYJ showed the world they can play hard nosed ball and beat ANYBODY.

The Dolphins are not to be taken lightly. Their HC seems to be a great motivator and when healthy Tua is a big problem.

Patriots? As long as the evil one is there pushing the buttons they are never to be taken lightly. He always finds a way to a winning record somehow even when his QB is nothing special.

Agree.  Any of the AFCE teams can play with any of the other teams in the NFL with a reasonable chance of winning.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

We're cursed with this f*cking division. 

Yes and no.

Jets are forged by fire, no way around it. Some teams build nice records playing in a terrible division and a weak ass schedule. But if the Jets (or any team in the AFCE) have a nice division record and a nice record overall, they've earned it by being really, really good. We KNOW were good....we don't have to wait until the playoffs to play good teams. We play good teams at least 6 times a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, batman10023 said:

 

If the Jets win the 3 they are "suppose to win at home"  chi, det, jac.  if we sneak another win there out of ne, min, buf, sea, mia - i think we get in with 10 wins.

Or...if the Jets win out we have home field thruout the playoffs! Only problem with being the #1 seed is what to do on our PO by-week!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The flip side to that is the Jets aren’t a 1-player team.

With Tua off the field the Jets murdered Miami by the time the dust settled.

With Allen off the field… well imagine at will because we just beat up on him, too.

With any one player off the field for the Jets? They’re still almost as good. Yeah Sauce is playing lights out for a rookie (or Reed a crazy bargain for a veteran in his prime) and QW1 may be the DPOY outright, but I don’t think this defense totally falls apart without any one of them; and while I’m plenty happy with his game yesterday, Wilson certainly isn’t the #1 reason for these wins.

As it is they lost both starting tackles all year and are 6-3 ffs. Like what team does that?

This Jets team is ****ing nasty. If Wilson suddenly becomes even 80% of what they wanted him to be on draft day this team would be almost unbeatable; but take him away and we’re still a major handful. 

QW1...I like it! Let them brothers figure out who's QW1 and who's QW2!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

QW1 + QW2

MC1 + MC2

BH1 + BH2 (for however much longer)

Wilson1 + Wilson2

Plus I started referring to Laken Tomlinson LT3 sometimes

I like it! Especially QW1&2. I always spelled out Quinnen and Quincy, usually misspelling both names along the way! QW1 is sooo much easier!

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...