Jets might be getting respect from the Refs. (Last pass from Allen to Davis)

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

On the last pass from Allen to Davis, Allen threw a perfectly  placed pass. It actually  hit Davis in the chest. The thing is Sauce was so stuck to him, he had no room to get his arms up to make the catch. Sauce had one hand on Davis's back and did not turn to see the ball. I think this definitely  was a good non-call but a flag could have been thrown against Sauce for PI and earlier in the season, I believe that would have been the outcome. I don't  believe Sauce interfered with Davis in a way where he effected his ability to catch the ball, it's  just Davis would have needed to be clairvoyant to make that catch. 

Wouldn't  it be great if we don't  have to fight the refs the rest of the season.  

From what I saw, the receiver initiated contact and the contact that Gardner made was simply to counter that contact. He didn’t turn around, but he didn’t end up in the receiver’s chest like others would. He’s so long that he doesn’t need to. It was a good non-call because it wasn’t really PI (Ive only seen it once so I def could be wrong).

He’ll get pinged for it at some point, but he's become very good at not really interfering. He does need to be careful though, he had some non-calls earlier in the season that were wrong. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, the Claw said:

From what I saw, the receiver initiated contact and the contact that Gardner made was simply to counter that contact. He didn’t turn around, but he didn’t end up in the receiver’s chest like others would. He’s so long that he doesn’t need to. It was a good non-call because it wasn’t really PI (Ive only seen it once so I def could be wrong).

He’ll get pinged for it at some point, but he's become very good at not really interfering. He does need to be careful though, he had some non-calls earlier in the season that were wrong. 

I agree that this was a good time for them to keep the flag in pocket but so many times that hand on the backs draws one. It was nice to get the favor for once. We certainly got no favor against the Pats.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No ref would have thrown the flag there.  It was a hail mary on the last play of the game.  He would have had to tackle him for the ref to throw the flag.

That wasn't  a Hail Mary. The ball hit the only reciever close to it in his chest. That was a dime by Allen. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.thumb.png.0ac23b244677eba882aabde844322cb5.png

If anything it should’ve been OPI, Davis was pushing off 

Great screen capture there. Two feet of separation on a Fly route. Only issue I have is if Davis stops and tries to high point catch Sauce’s momentum will take out the receiver and draw the flag. He needs to get his head around more often. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, the Claw said:

What Sauce does is when he can’t turn around he reads the WR to tell just when the ball is getting there and then he either lifts his arms to block the ball or to screen the WRs eyes and this keeps it from being PIs for the most part. Most CBs have to do what Reed did on the play to stop Diggs from getting a TD, which is turn your head around then make a play on the ball.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Davis pushed off and then pulled him towards him. If anything it should have been OPI.

This

38 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

That

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Came here to post this. I’m glad the refs allowed for a little hand-to-hand combat. 

Samsies! 

42 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I have it on DVR and rewatched it a few times. There was certainly some pushing and shoving but I didn't  see what you just described. 

39 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

@More Cowbell  do you see this image?  

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

We’re a questionable roughing the passer call away from being the 1 seed in the AFC right now 

That really says it all. Bogus call brings back a pick-6 and allows Pats to go on and score. Momentum Killed causing Zach to try and win the game on his own which he cannot do at this point in time leading to more turnovers. 

46 minutes ago, SpankyJohnson said:

Did you see the play where Zach was running the ball down the sideline and he gets wrapped up by a defender and they are going out of bounds?  Then a 2nd defender comes in and lowers his helmet and hits Zach in his face mask and tries to take off his head?    
NO flag !!

Now I have always thought that when the QB runs he is fair game. And I still do  

But if our defense did the exact same thing to an opposing QB every ref on the field would've tossed their flag  

Yes, I thought the same, we got a flag against Jones for nearly the same thing.