Jets Pats should be flexed week 11

Jets - Patriots is one of the best rivalries in sports. and now that both teams are good they will definitely flex us over Cowboys -Vikings.

think of the story lines.

can the Jets break NE winning streak over us. can Zach build on his great Buffalo game to get revenge against what they did to him in week 8. 

people will want to see us. we got exciting young guys like Sauce and GW. QW is having a career year. did Zach take a turn for the better? 

who the hell wants to see Cousins vs Dak. Dallas vs Minn.

all thats missing is for Saleh to say " hes not here to kiss Belichicks rings "

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, doitny said:

Jets - Patriots is one of the best rivalries in sports. and now that both teams are good they will definitely flex us over Cowboys -Vikings.

think of the story lines.

can the Jets break NE winning streak over us. can Zach build on his great Buffalo game to get revenge against what they did to him in week 8. 

people will want to see us. we got exciting young guys like Sauce and GW. QW is having a career year. did Zach take a turn for the better? 

who the hell wants to see Cousins vs Dak. Dallas vs Minn.

all thats missing is for Saleh to say " hes not here to kiss Belichicks rings "

Good points. Sounds weird, but Sauce is a primetime draw. Crazy to even think considering he is a rookie CB. But he gets tons of media attention as well as attention from fans of other teams.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Good points. Sounds weird, but Sauce is a primetime draw. Crazy to even think considering he is a rookie CB. But he gets tons of media attention as well as attention from fans of other teams.

plus the ratings are always better when you got a good NY team. and Boston is a big market too. Minnesota doesnt have a markets anywhere near us or Boston. this would be a huge ratings boost for NBC.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

plus the ratings are always better when you got a good NY team. and Boston is a big market too. Minnesota doesnt have a markets anywhere near us or Boston. this would be a huge ratings boost for NBC.

The Cowboys are the biggest ratings draw even when they’re terrible. Now they’re really good. The Vikings are 7-1. It’s delusional to think Jets-Pats is more appealing from NBC’s standpoint. I’d love to see us get flexed to SNF but it’s not happening over DAL-MIN.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

The Cowboys are the biggest ratings draw even when they’re terrible. Now they’re really good. The Vikings are 7-1. It’s delusional to think Jets-Pats is more appealing from NBC’s standpoint. I’d love to see us get flexed to SNF but it’s not happening over DAL-MIN.

they already had 2 Sunday night games vs Bucs and Eagles. can they keep picking the Cowboys? i wonder if there is a rule. 

maybe at the end of the year when a game is determining a division winner or playoffs but week 11 im not sure they can keep flexing the cowboys. plus next week its Cowboys Giants. they might want to flex that over GB vs Phila

oh and week 13 they have the colts on Sunday night. 

there are plenty of good games to flex the cowboys plus there already have 3 scheduled games. i dont think SNF is Cowboy Night Football. how many Cowboy games can they show?

i think the nation might want to get a look at this new NY Jet team. 

• Upvote 1

There's some speculation this could be announced tomorrow. CBS doesn't get many chances to call Cowboy games, so they would likely protect the DAL vs MIN matchup and make that their game of the week (Tony Romo & Jim Nantz). With the Patriots and Jets both coming off byes, there's less scheduling implications they face as well. Only reason why they wouldn't flex this is because the national audience for the Steelers

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I didnt think flex games happened until much later in the season. Also you can only have 5 primetime games including flex ones ( i believe). Yes, I am too lazy to google this.

They're only allowed to flex 2 games between weeks 5-10, but all games from week 11-17 are able to be flexed with advanced notice 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

There's some speculation this could be announced tomorrow. CBS doesn't get many chances to call Cowboy games, so they would likely protect the DAL vs MIN matchup and make that their game of the week (Tony Romo & Jim Nantz). With the Patriots and Jets both coming off byes, there's less scheduling implications they face as well. Only reason why they wouldn't flex this is because the national audience for the Steelers

Or they could leave the Cowboys @ 4pm, get really good numbers for that game and still get great nighttime numbers with Jets-Pats. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, doitny said:

they already had 2 Sunday night games vs Bucs and Eagles. can they keep picking the Cowboys? i wonder if there is a rule. 

maybe at the end of the year when a game is determining a division winner or playoffs but week 11 im not sure they can keep flexing the cowboys. plus next week its Cowboys Giants. they might want to flex that over GB vs Phila

oh and week 13 they have the colts on Sunday night. 

there are plenty of good games to flex the cowboys plus there already have 3 scheduled games. i dont think SNF is Cowboy Night Football. how many Cowboy games can they show?

i think the nation might want to get a look at this new NY Jet team. 

Believe there’s a 5 game max for prime games.  They’ve had 2 already, have thanksgiving coming up.  They’d be at 4 before a Monday or Thursday night game. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Or they could leave the Cowboys @ 4pm, get really good numbers for that game and still get great nighttime numbers with Jets-Pats. 

Correct. Point being the NFL can request to move the Cowboys game, but CBS can decline it. That would make the NYJ/NE the next best game, and swapping out an AFC divisional matchup from CBS to NBC SNF is seamless because CBS would have the rights to PIT/CIN as well. 

Pretty confident this will ultimately be flexed, which would be pretty cool. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

Correct. Point being the NFL can request to move the Cowboys game, but CBS can decline it. That would make the NYJ/NE the next best game, and swapping out an AFC divisional matchup from CBS to NBC SNF is seamless because CBS would have the rights to PIT/CIN as well. 

Pretty confident this will ultimately be flexed, which would be pretty cool. 

That would be a kick in the nuts to the Steelers and their fans.

please make this happen

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GreenFish said:

The NFL is definitely pushing Sauce as a superstar.  I recall early on in the Pats game the teaser for the Bills game.

"Sauce Gardner and the Jets to take on Josh Allen and the Bills next week on CBS" or whatever network.

That's a pretty big push for a guy as "the guy" people come to watch.

• Upvote 2

When the New York Jets defeated the New England Patriots in the 2010 playoffs to advance to the AFC Championship Game, linebacker Bart Scott dropped one of the simplest and most memorable quotes in football history.

“Can’t wait.”

11 years later, the words have been spoken again.

When asked after the game about the Jets facing the Patriots in Week 11 following their bye next week, cornerback Sauce Gardner, who had an interception of Josh Allen and seven tackles in the Jets’ 20-17 win over the Bills in Week 9, simply said three words.

“I can’t wait.”

Yes, the Jets went on to lose that AFC Championship to the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the interview still lives on to this day with a new chapter having been added thanks to the rookie sensation.

The Jets quickly have a chance to overcome their 22-17 loss to the Patriots in Week 8. They have two weeks to enjoy the win over the Bills and prepare for another Bill. Bill Belichick. Sauce and the Jets can’t wait. Chances are Bart Scott can’t wait, either.

• Upvote 1

Just now, doitny said:

When the New York Jets defeated the New England Patriots in the 2010 playoffs to advance to the AFC Championship Game, linebacker Bart Scott dropped one of the simplest and most memorable quotes in football history.

“Can’t wait.”

11 years later, the words have been spoken again.

When asked after the game about the Jets facing the Patriots in Week 11 following their bye next week, cornerback Sauce Gardner, who had an interception of Josh Allen and seven tackles in the Jets’ 20-17 win over the Bills in Week 9, simply said three words.

“I can’t wait.”

Yes, the Jets went on to lose that AFC Championship to the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the interview still lives on to this day with a new chapter having been added thanks to the rookie sensation.

The Jets quickly have a chance to overcome their 22-17 loss to the Patriots in Week 8. They have two weeks to enjoy the win over the Bills and prepare for another Bill. Bill Belichick. Sauce and the Jets can’t wait. Chances are Bart Scott can’t wait, either.

thats another good story line