Can they win the Super Bowl this year

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Well 1st I think this defense is great, but not the 09’ Jets so there’s that...

2nd, Did you watch The Titans vs Chiefs last night? They played great D for 3 1/2 quarters. Henry had a great game on the ground. They couldn’t score enough to put the Chiefs away. Chiefs came back and won in OT. It takes a complete game to beat a team like the Chiefs, and you have to keep scoring, esp in the playoffs where they have the confidence to come back from any deficit. That’s what it would take to come out of the AFC 

It is up to thebfron for to harrass Mahomes but I don't  see anyone on this team that can contain Kelce in the red zone.  

Our SB window has officially opened, yes even this season. Zach and the injuries are really our biggest concerns, that 1st one being the deciding factor. If we had Breece and AVT I'd feel a little more confident. This defense can hang with any team though.

Joe, Robert and the whole staff deserve an amazing amount of credit for how this team is built.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Once we get into the playoffs, then anything can happen. I would love for the Jets to earn a Bye and be well rested and healthy going in. Everyone starts from zero again. 

The only way to win a bye is to win the division   To do that they will have to beat NE Buff and Miami in their homes.   Its a tall ordet and if they do it theyll deserve to get the bye.

26 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The only way to win a bye is to win the division   To do that they will have to beat NE Buff and Miami in their homes.   Its a tall ordet and if they do it theyll deserve to get the bye.

I think we can definitely  beat NE, we should be able to give Bills a game. It all depends on Allen's play. Miami will be tough.  

young teams by definition have the highest highs and the lowest lows....we will definitely lay and egg at some point, probably more then once....which is fine.

so no, we are not a high level team yet, we aren't consistent enough, and the QB is too green in his development.

• Upvote 1

I think somebody needs to edit the famous video of Jim Mora press conference and switch out him saying “the playoffs” to “the super bowl” so he would be saying:

Super Bowl?! Don’t talk about—the Super Bowl ? You kidding me? Super Bowl!?!

We probably be better off first focusing on beating the Pats in our next game . . . Which would be the first time in our past 14 times playing them! If we successfully beat the Pats and go on to win enough of our remaining games in the 2nd half of our season (which includes rematch’s with the Bills & the Dolphins) we will finally get into the playoffs for the first time since 2010!

10 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

I think somebody needs to edit the famous video of Jim Mora press conference and switch out him saying “the playoffs” to “the super bowl” so he would be saying:

Super Bowl?! Don’t talk about—the Super Bowl ? You kidding me? Super Bowl!?!

We probably be better off first focusing on being the Pats in our next game . . . Which would be the first time in our past 14 times playing them! If we successfully beat the Pats and go on to win enough of our remaining games in the 2nd half of our season (which includes rematch’s with the Bills & the Dolphins) we will finally get into the playoffs for the first time since 2010!

Hey you act like it’s some pipe dream but put it this way we’re one questionable roughing the passer call away from being the 1 seed in the AFC right now. This team can go toe to toe with anyone in the NFL right now 

• Upvote 2

Pats matched up well against us. They stopped our run, forced us into lower percentage situations where they could control the tempo, (and forced us into turnovers).

If we can't run on them and can't stop their RBs, it will be a tough slog.

NE has a better defense than Buffalo.

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

We just beat the super bowl favorites yesterday. I feel like our defense matchups well with KC asl well I would expect a similar defensive game plan against them as we saw yesterday. Everyone else in this league? I’d say the Jets defense could line up against anyone and hit them in the mouth 

I say this every time anyone mentions any team vying for the SB. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A LEGIT QB WHO CAN MAKE PLAYS.

I don't care how good your defense is. 

I don't want to hear about the Ravens and how they won with Trent Dilfer. Will it happen once in a blue? Sure. 

You need a playmaking QB and you need him to make plays. 

Can Zach be that guy? Yes, I believe so. But not this year. He needs to get a lot better.  

17 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The rest of the schedule especially on the road is hard

at NE

at Buf

at Minnesota

at Seattle

at Miami

Bears game is not going to be easy trying to keep Fields from running all over the place.

If they get to the playoffs it would be awesome

Ding ding ding. Correctemundo!

If you weren't stating the obvious you would get a prize.

I do think, despite these games being tough, the Jets should win IN Foxborough against the Pats. This will be a major revenge game for both Zach and the defense. And the Jets will be coming off a bye. 

I think the Jets should beat Chicago as long as they do not look passed them.

Seattle is good but still beatable. As is Miami. 

And then you have the Lions and Jags, games the Jets should win if they play well. 

Game two against Buff. and the Minn game IN Minn are losses IMO. 

If everything goes their way, I think they go 6-2 the rest of the way. That puts them at 12-5 which is at minimum a wild card berth. You add a loss or two to that and they could still sneak into the playoffs. 

Honestly, a total collapse in the W-L column is the only thing keeping them out of the playoffs at this point. 

51 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Can Zach be that guy? Yes, I believe so. But not this year. He needs to get a lot better.  

He has 8 more games and 10 weeks. 

But, in all reality, he has too long a way to go still.  He just needs to keep doing what he what he did yesterday and they go to the playoffs which would be a huge step.

After watching KC last night, whose offense didn't look like much to me - they basically played 5 quarters and scored 20 pts. What a juggernaut. Bills are a better team because they have a similar offense but a better defense. Cincinnati did it last year. No reason why we can't surprise people if we continue to improve and end up in the big game. Thing about football though is it's a crap shoot on who gets lucky health wise. We haven't been so lucky but have continued to adapt. Other teams may not have the depth we do.

• Upvote 2

Heard someone today say the Jets’ defense, specials, and run game are all playoff caliber. Now we need to figure out what the dropback passing game is.

This team isn’t playing at their ceiling right now. We’ve seen teams with a quarterback who gets hot in the playoffs go on runs. Flacco, Foles, the Eli Manning runs the Giants had. Wilson ends up in a zone for a few weeks, why not?

I know players are coached to 'never look ahead...it's one game at a time'.

But last I checked, only a few of us on here are players. 

SOOOO.....absolutely we can win a SB. Getting into the POs is the biggest hurdle, getting a good seed is another goal, but not necessary.

I mean, we'd have to win 3 or 4 in a row, but any team who wins it has to too. Someone's defense will have to shut down 4 other offenses in a row. If not ours, then whos?

Jets-Eagles

Edit: The Giants were a 6th seed and played all their PO games on the road in rout to beating the 18-0 Patriots. All on DEFENSE!

• Upvote 2

Clearest path to the SB is the POs. Clearest path to the POs is winning the division. We're 1/2 game out of 1st place, and already beat the Bills AND Smelly Fish. Jets are 100% in the driver seat to win the division AND earn the #1 overall seed.

Just checking, but who's going with me to the big game????

The short answer is unlikely but possible.

The Titans have absolutely no passing game whatsoever and had that game won in Arrowhead on SNF.

They don't have Derrick Henry, but the Jets' defense is better than Tenneesee's.   Defense travels.

Philly is the most complete team right now.  They don't really have any apparent weaknesses.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The guy you want to put on Kelce is Mosley. Kelce outweighs Sauce by about 50 lbs. 

Mosley is not nearly fast enough to stay on Kelce.  Mark Andrews and Kelce have the exact same height/weight ratio and Sauce held up fine against Andrews.  Mosley is not running 20-30 yards down the field chasing Kelce