Can they win the Super Bowl this year

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Mosley is not nearly fast enough to stay on Kelce.  Mark Andrews and Kelce have the exact same height/weight ratio and Sauce held up fine against Andrews.  Mosley is not running 20-30 yards down the field chasing Kelce

I think Mosley woukd know how toncover Kelce. He has a great sense for coverage.  Agree he would lose in a foot race. Don't  forget Mosley has a cushion that can make up the speed difference. 

Another thought on reaching the SB: Many of us on here were around in 2008 when we said goodby for Manginus and hello to lumpatious Rex 'the foot' Ryan. We also said hello to rookie QB Nacho. Best part of our team was Bart Scott Rex brought along and some DB named Revis Island. But that was about it.

I recall Rex declaring us 'out of the playoffs' only to go on a beat the 15-0 Colts (who were resting players) and somehow squeaking in the last WC spot with a very iffy 9-7 record...I think we beat out about 5 other 9-7 teams on tie breakers.

But we got in...went on the road and somehow won BOTH road games, before falling in the AFCCG. Many attribute the loss to our defense letting us down, as Nacho actually had very good games.

So now fast forward to 2022. Same good Oline we had in 2009. Same good secondary (maybe better) with Sauce/Reed, but at least equal. I know, I know, if Breece Hall was still healthy we'd have a better run game than 2009, but even with Robinson/MC1 (or is it MC2) we can run in spurts on anyone.

To make this short, our 2022 team is very similar to our 2009. Very young, young QB, great defense. There really NO REASON any of us should be surprised if we squeak in once again, not after living thru 2009 (and 10!).

Success in the NFL happens so FAST, and disappears in a flash. It's so fleeting. Can't really say 'well, we'll get close this year, then go for it next'. No. If your team is even within striking distance, it almost has to BE NOW!!!

• Upvote 2

Can they win the Super Bowl this year

Could the Washington Nationals win the 2019 World Series?

Miracles can happen.

It may not be likely this year.  I'd be the first to say that.

But is IS possible.

You got to be in it, to win it.  

So lets take the next step to being "In it" by beating New England in two weeks.

Then we'll worry about the next step.  Win today.  Win today should be this team's mantra, just like it was with the Nats.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

The only way to win a bye is to win the division   To do that they will have to beat NE Buff and Miami in their homes.   Its a tall ordet and if they do it theyll deserve to get the bye.

The only way to get a BYE is to finish with the best record in the conference.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Could the Washington Nationals win the 2019 World Series?

Miracles can happen.

It may not be likely this year.  I'd be the first to say that.

But is IS possible.

You got to be in it, to win it.  

So lets take the next step to being "In it" by beating New England in two weeks.

Then we'll worry about the next step.  Win today.  Win today should be this team's mantra, just like it was with the Nats.

Correct on both counts.

A win over NE and we’re dreaming big.

Whereas a loss to NE would pretty much kill off all positive vibes, at least temporarily.

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If the Jets are serious about winning it all this year, go and run the table

14-3 should be good enough for #1 seed, 1st round bye, and home field throughout 

It really comes down to player health and what the QB can or can’t do the rest of the way

They don’t need to go 14-3, they just need to get in the playoffs 

17 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Success in the NFL happens so FAST, and disappears in a flash. It's so fleeting. Can't really say 'well, we'll get close this year, then go for it next'. No. If your team is even within striking distance, it almost has to BE NOW!!!

QB on a cheap rookie deal creates a massive advantage relative to teams paying their QB 40+ M

It’s the Seattle model with young Russ

Have to make the most of this opportunity and not be thinking about the future right now 

The future is now

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The 1st round bye is massive, brother 

Only 1 team gets it

And would you rather play the Chiefs at Arrowhead or MetLife?

Obviously getting the 1 seed would be ridiculous and something completely unexpected. Hosting a playoff game for the first time in maybe 20 years would be great. But even if we get the opportunity to play KC in the playoffs would be unreal for this young team 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:08 AM, Rhg1084 said:

We just beat the super bowl favorites yesterday. I feel like our defense matchups well with KC asl well I would expect a similar defensive game plan against them as we saw yesterday. Everyone else in this league? I’d say the Jets defense could line up against anyone and hit them in the mouth 

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

Last week at this time we had lost to the Pats, Zach was a bust, LaFleur needed to be fired, and Buffalo was gonna destroy us. Now we’re talking Super Bowl! That’s why I love this board, I’m here for the roller coaster!

Hey that’s when happens when you go out there and lay a beat down to the perennial super bowl favorites. If they can smack around Buffalo there’s not a team in the league they can’t beat 

On 11/7/2022 at 11:00 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Lol what team is that much better than us? Baltimore? Cincy? We could line up with any of those squads 

Baltimore is our worst matchup only because their offense's bread and butter (running the ball, running QB, TEs) plays away from the strength of our D (lockdown CBs and pass rush).

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Baltimore is our worst matchup only because their offense's bread and butter (running the ball, running QB, TEs) plays away from the strength of our D (lockdown CBs and pass rush).

We played them pretty good week 1. I’d welcome a rematch with them 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:40 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

The 4-5 Bucs are higher than the Jets (I guess that makes a little bit of sense, but I would have put the 49ers as having a greater chance), and the Cowboys are in the top 3 lol

Cowboys have the same amount of playoff wins since 1997 as the Jets have AFCCG appearances. There's no way they have a top 3 chance of making it to the SB.

Also, Philly is undefeated but the only teams they beat were Cowboys and Vikings (in primetime where they suck).

KC and BUF should be the top 2, with Philly as 3 IMO. Jets are probably in the right place though.

Overall I would really trust this list, but it's interesting to analyse.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:31 AM, Zachtomims47 said:

It honestly rides on the offense and Zach. The defense will match up with anyone IMO. 

This. I'm starting to believe. Just get in the playoffs then who the **** knows. I like how we're built though.