Time to put your name on it….Is Robert Saleh a good Coach?

On 11/7/2022 at 5:09 PM, JetBlue said:

For me the jury is still out on LaFleur,  The fact that he had Zach throwing the ball over 40 times against NE while only  rushing 14 against a team that has struggled against the run, shows his propensity to "overthinking".   Also, it has taken an injury to Davis for him to start to utilize Mims.  I mean the guy didn't even DRESS for 4 or 5 games.   That made absolutely no sense to me.  I don't what to hear about how great Jeff Smith is on ST.  Lets get real; that dude is easily replaceable when it gets right down to it.   How many physical 6'3 215 receivers do we have who are excellent blockers, run sub 4.4 and perfect 50-50 ballers are on the team??   

Now we the Moore situation, that since we are winning, is easily overlooked.   However, this guy is a legit weapon that we need to figure out how to get the ball to.  

Both of those guys would be getting a lot more targets If they played on any other team.   The fact that he had Mims BURIED on the depth chart seemed more personal than anything.   Moore should have kept his mouth shut but that doesn' absolve Lafleur for not finding ways to get him involved.  I mean hell, have him line up in the backfield, do end arounds, screens, something; JUST GET THE BALL IN HIS HANDS.  

Fortunately we have the bye so I sincerely hope Lafluer can figure out how to get Zach and his playmakers on the same page.   We have some very tough games ahead and we need to make sure we are getting the most of our offensive talent.   Garrett Wilson looks great but he could use some help.  

bTw I am not saying that Lafleur sucks or anything, but he really needs to improve in how he utilizes the talent on offense.   

I agree..

And one need not go far to find a coach who would ball with these players who magically can’t or couldn’t get targeted or playing time.  

DABOLL………

• Upvote 1

Maybe  (Trending towards yes) - They've been playing young guys who are getting better as they get experience. That alone goes a long way (particularly as they are winning). The DC and OC seem to be responding, and getting better. Obviously the injuries haven't helped, but the team keeps chugging along. They've dealt with player drama well, and there's been little of it.

**** it, yes, he's a good coach.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Has there ever been a Jets coach that manages the players AND coaches better?

I don’t think so. I mean if 7-4 and playoff contention with 3 different QBs and the dumpster fire roster he inherited last year doesn’t make him a good coach I don’t know what would. Most people liked him at the beginning of the year but said we needed to see some positive results and just be competitive. Now we’re way ahead of schedule and have a championship level defense. It’s ok for even the most long suffering battle scarred Jets fan to admit the obvious. Saleh is a damn good coach!

• Upvote 2