The Defense vs the remaining schedule

IMO, this is one of the toughest schedules to close things out. Defense will definitely be put to the test every week from here on out. All of these offenses are playing at a high level and mostly all have the Playoffs in sight. 

Patriots, Bears, Vikings, Bills, Lions, Jags, Seahawks, Dolphins

Outside of obvious divisional showdowns - Bears and Seahawks I think are the toughest matchups. The two biggest run threats.  Our LB's are already iffy in coverage and to have them getting brought up from play action after trying to focus on the run game, it could spell disaster. Who spies Fields? Will be interesting to see how they game plan for that. 

BUT at the end of the day, I think this defense is built to go up against anyone. Tough stingy secondary with a dline that can get pressure without blitzing = chefs kiss. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

IMO, this is one of the toughest schedules to close things out. Defense will definitely be put to the test every week from here on out. All of these offenses are playing at a high level and mostly all have the Playoffs in sight. 

Outside of obvious divisional showdowns - Bears and Seahawks I think are the toughest matchups. The two biggest run threats.  Our LB's are already iffy in coverage and to have them getting brought up from play action after trying to focus on the run game, it could spell disaster. Who spies Fields? Will be interesting to see how they game plan for that. 

BUT at the end of the day, I think this defense is built to go up against anyone. Tough stingy secondary with a dline that can get pressure without blitzing = chefs kiss. 

,i think the d hss  countuine playing good defensie thure   out 222 if  they wanna see playoffs 

16 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Eh... Those offenses are not that good... Besides the vikings, bills and maybe the dolphins... We are not talking about going against maholms or Rodgers or Brady in their prime... 

Does Lawrence or Goff really scare anyone. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Eh... Those offenses are not that good... Besides the vikings, bills and maybe the dolphins... We are not talking about going against maholms or Rodgers or Brady in their prime... 

Im actually not too worried about Vikings for some reason. But I think it just puts a ton of pressure on the defense when you have to focus on the run game, especially a QB with the ability to take off at any moment and gain 30 yards. Can break them. 

15 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

What is no, they do not? And I'll take Weak Ass Offenses for 400 Alex.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Im actually not too worried about Vikings for some reason. But I think it just puts a ton of pressure on the defense when you have to focus on the run game, especially a QB with the ability to take off at any moment and gain 30 yards. Can break them. 

Overall with this defense... None of those offenses scare me... 

32 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

We contained lamar excellently. Josh was a little more challenging as his arm is usually as good if not better than his run and the bills have multiple deep threats. Chicago doesn't have the down field threats the bills do so it will allow jets to focus more on fields and mooney.

We are not the rats and what Chicago did to them exposed thier d as real bad against running QB's as did lamar.