Jump to content

Jeff Saturday New Colts Interim Coach….. ?


32EBoozer

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

very strange. 

I can't remember the last time the interim coach wasn't someone already in the building. 

How do you even begin to get your head wrapped around where the locker room is at and working with OC & DC?
Basically “ Keep doing what your doing guys”

Question is will Ryan be back under Center

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

very strange. 

I can't remember the last time the interim coach wasn't someone already in the building. 

How about the last time someone was named HC of an NFL franchise and has no coaching experience at any college or pro program?

Full coaching experience = 3 years at coaching football in a K-12 prep school that has <100 students per grade level (and presumably about half of them are girls, so you're talking about what, 200 high school boys including the freshmen).

Not to make light of Saturday being a damn good pro player for a long time, but the graduating class at the school he coached...doesn't seem to resemble an NFL locker room. Can't seem to put my finger on it, but I just get this sense, y'know?

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Lol so much for the Rooney rule.

I don't think it applies to interim appointments.  Could be wrong about that.

Biggest flouting of the rule was when Mark Davis supposedly called Tee Martin and "interviewed" him over the phone for 2 mins "before" they hired Jon Gruden the 2nd time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don't think it applies to interim appointments.  Could be wrong about that.

Biggest flouting of the rule was when Mark Davis supposedly called Tee Martin and "interviewed" him over the phone for 2 mins "before" they hired Jon Gruden the 2nd time.

Excellent point. 

What makes this situation weirder is who hires an outside guy to be the interim head coach? Super rare

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Genuinely the height of nepotism.

With such little experience and being fresh off the street how the hell is he going to get in tune with what’s happening?

They could have just promoted from within.

Exactly what I was thinking!

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

How do you even begin to get your head wrapped around where the locker room is at and working with OC & DC?
Basically “ Keep doing what your doing guys”

Question is will Ryan be back under Center

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...