Jeff Saturday New Colts Interim Coach….. ?

32EBoozer

Saturday may be a sharp guy, but it's crazy. Colts have cycled through a ridiculous number of QBs in a very short time frame. Hard to blame Reich for that set of circumstances. Doubtful Saturday can do any better. And really making a few appearance on ESPN and watching some games is MILES from the 247/365 committment a HC entails.

23 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Saturday may be a sharp guy, but it's crazy. Colts have cycled through a ridiculous number of QBs in a very short time frame. Hard to blame Reich for that set of circumstances. Doubtful Saturday can do any better. And really making a few appearance on ESPN and watching some games is MILES from the 247/365 committment a HC entails.

He's also taking over in-season.  Talk about being thrown to the wolves.

How the heck does Saturday come into this locker room to legitimately coach this team? No preparation, no scheme … nothing. They play the Raiders Sunday lol…. One of the strangest moves I’ve ever seen. A HC usually needs a whole off-season to prepare schemes and whatnot. Not come off the street and coach that week!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This is crazy, Irsay made him play the Qb he didnt want to play. I bet he wouldn't go along with ownership BS and was like Im gonig to start someone else, because we are getting blown out. 

I bet you he gets hired somewhere before the season is out. 

Nah, Reich was a crappy head coach. Good offensive guy, maybe but his teams consistently underperformed. I even posted around week 3 or 4 that it was a race between Reich and the loser in CAR on who would get fired first. That said, Irsay is trying to tank thinking he will get a Luck or Manning again. Would be hysterical if Saturday leads them to a few victories and ruins their chances of getting one. Lots of teams will want QBs next season and especially in the draft.

If you want to tank, you need a HC who's on board. Can't have another Miami situation go down. If your HC tries hard but has no experience or skill and loses, well that's just too bad. He's a fan favorite so Indy fans aren't going to crucify the guy. You don't have to convince some legit coach to make it hard to get his next job and lose a lot. Irsay might even be able to keep one of the coordinators around as a candidate this way.