Are you paying $8 a month

Bronx

Most news and threads on this site are linked to Twitter. Are you paying $8 monthly for the Identity Verification Fee? 

NY Post, NJO, sportsspyder and obviously JN are other reliable sources.  Please post other sites besides the big networks (ESPN, Fox, etc.). I don't think that I will be paying those fees.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Isn't that just to be verified? Why would I need that? 

Exactly. Only people who are in media and well known plus companies should be verified (even then who cares). The vast majority of the population have no use for it besides to pump their ego 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Yeah that doesn't concern us joe schmos over here. We're fine. 

Unless you want to troll people haha Musk not too happy with the internet right now.

This is going to be frustrating for the rest of Twitter because anyone can now be verified. Going to make rumor season more fun I guess haha

• Upvote 1

Well lets see, I tried to sign up for Twitter years ago.  Within about a day of when i signed up they sent me a message saying there was dubious activity on my account and i had to give them my phone number so they could verify the account.

And that as they say was the end of that.

27 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Most news and threads on this site are linked to Twitter. Are you paying $8 monthly for the Identity Verification Fee? 

NY Post, NJO, sportsspyder and obviously JN are other reliable sources.  Please post other sites besides the big networks (ESPN, Fox, etc.). I don't think that I will be paying those fees.

Almost nobody will be paying that fee. Why?

55 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It doesn't  even work. Kathy Griffen was suspended for impersonating Musk with her check mark. 

13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

$8/month!? Are they adding a streaming service? Do you get a discount on a Tesla?

I mean to be fair it's not like he's asking for a kidney.  And it sounds like it's entirely optional.

Never been to "MetLife" but guessing $8 doesn't go very far there (or anywhere else these days).

Enough for a "small soda" perhaps or half of a foam "#1" finger?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I wouldn’t wait if I were you but these decisions are why you get the big bucks

Why would a thread about a website possibly having a subscription service be lockable? Locking threads I usually find to be weird but to be trigger happy about it is even weirder. We can't even talk about football stadium financing on a football message board because of people like that. 

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Why would a thread about a website possibly having a subscription service be lockable? Locking threads I usually find to be weird but to be trigger happy about it is even weirder. We can't even talk about football stadium financing on a football message board because of people like that. 

Because twitter was bought by a polarizing figure who tweeted a conspiracy theory about an 82 year old man brutally attacked in his home for political reasons. This is a political issue that doesn’t belong on a football fan site. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 3