Ruckert In The 2nd Half Of The Season?

Of all the rookies, Darius Ruckert has made the least impact.  He sat on the bench and learned for most of the 1st half of the season.  I have a gut feeling the CS is going to start getting him involved in the 2nd half of the season.  He might be a nice secret weapon as the season progresses.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Of all the rookies, Darius Ruckert has made the least impact.  He sat on the bench and learned for most of the 1st half of the season.  I have a gut feeling the CS is going to start getting him involved in the 2nd half of the season.  He might be a nice secret weapon as the season progresses.

Darius Ruckert, lol. Red shirt year for our boy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

1)  His name doesn't end with a "t"

2)  I think he might be too busy with his other career to help us down the stretch . . .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/players-roster/jeremy-ruckert/

Jeremy Ruckert?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barkus said:

Surprised he has been invisible. He cannot beat out Yeboah. Likely, dulchich, and Cade Otton are making decent impacts for their teams. 

I was at the Bronco game

Dulcich is a player 

Good hands, fluid athletically, moves really well for a guy his size 

Ruckert will be fine. He was always going to be, at best, the 3rd TE this year behind CJ and Conklin.

His offseason injury really set him back, and made it much harder for him to get up to speed.

He will play more in 2023, then likely start in 2024 when CJ will probably no longer be on the team.

Yeboah is playing more right now, because he is in his second year in the system, is healthy and very good on special teams.

• Upvote 4

This is going to be a "redshirt" season for Ruckert.  He had an injury that
kept him off the field in OTAs and I don't think he ever caught up.  Also,
remember at Ohio St. they didn't really use him so he probably had more to
learn about the pro passing game.  Add in Conklin and Uzomah in front of him
on the depth chart and the staff decided not to rush him

• Upvote 4

He was a third day pick. He made the team, but the Jets had already signed two FA TEs. He will need to work himself up the up the depth chart. While it is great that the Jets are winning, if this was last year, he would get some playing time at the end of the season, but he will be fine. He will get into better shape this off-season and will get his chances in OTAs and pre-season.

Or maybe he should march into JDs office and demand a trade :-)

10 hours ago, Barkus said:

Surprised he has been invisible. He cannot beat out Yeboah. Likely, dulchich, and Cade Otton are making decent impacts for their teams. 

I hope Yeboah and Ruckert start playing a role.  I'm a little biased toward Yeboah as he played HS football about 20 minutes from my house but Ruckert and his family are Jets diehards.  Hope we can get a little bit of performance from both of them.  Yeboah is ripped - great physical body for the TE position.  Ruckert is the same big body but I would bet more durable.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

This is going to be a "redshirt" season for Ruckert.  He had an injury that
kept him off the field in OTAs and I don't think he ever caught up.  Also,
remember at Ohio St. they didn't really use him so he probably had more to
learn about the pro passing game.  Add in Conklin and Uzomah in front of him
on the depth chart and the staff decided not to rush him

And that's how good teams....stay good teams. Just keep building depth with talented guys. Don't have to force yourself into a new contract with Conklin or Uzomah in 2 years. Just let your depth take over. 

• Upvote 4

This was a very underrated TE class. McBride hasn't seen the field  much in AZ either and he was the first picked. Likely was always the better receiving prospect, but was and still is a poor blocker. Not what our coaching staff wanted. Ruckert is a solid 2 way TE and he'll be fine. As others said no rush. Likely and Otton wouldn't be seeing the field either on this team.