If the NFL Draft Was Today, What Position Would the Jets Pick in RD 1?

NFL Draft is Today!  

113 members have voted

1. 1. With the 24th Pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select......

• Wide Reciever
    • Tight End
    • Offensive Tackle
    • Guard/Center
    • Interior Defensive Lineman (DT/NT)
    • Edge (DE/Pass Rushing OLB)
    • Linebacker
    • Cornerback
    • Safety
    • Best Available Athlete Regardless of Posiion

I know....I know, the correct answer is "It Depends on a lot of Factors and there's no way to tell right now.....".  I get it, yes, that's true.

But, just for fun, during the Bye week, if the NFL Draft was today and the Jets were picking, say 24th....what position would the Jets most likely pick?

I'm excluding QB, RB, P, & PK.  Everything else is on the table.

• Upvote 1

Best available. As you said, it depends on a lot of factors, and need can tip the balance if it's a close call between two players, but Douglas sticks to his board and we shouldn't have any glaring holes that need to be addressed in RD 1. 

Given where we look like we'll be picking off-ball LB is probably going to be the value, but who knows

• Upvote 2

Putting BPA aside for a second....l can see a LB.....we can use a speedy LB that can cover given we don’t know what happens to Kwon and Mosley is getting older. A Fred Warner type that can play Sam and maybe take over the Mike when we’re done with Mosley. 

If it’s real late in the 1st maybe Safety as well....a real rangy safety that’s fast and can play centerfield

Dark horse pick would be a Tackle....for obvious reasons

Saleh may also beat the table for another Rush end given Lawson isn’t under contract for much longer 

• Upvote 1

WR. You can never have enough. Especially with Elijah moore in the doghouse.  Corey Davis will be going into his last year under contract. Same with mims. mims has also been wildly inconsistent (lots of drops, limited playing time) , and If we can add another high end WR to pair with Garret Wilson for the next 4 years I think that would be awesome. 

id also consider center, (McGovern is a FA) and Lber. Huff, kwon, & Quincy will all be free agents as well.

Also gotta consider a tackle since Becton is unreliable and Duane brown is like 40

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

WR. You can never have enough. Especially with Elijah moore in the doghouse.  Corey Davis will be going into his last year under contract. Same with mims. mims has also been wildly inconsistent (lots of drops, limited playing time) , and If we can add another high end WR to pair with Garret Wilson for the next 4 years I think that would be awesome. 

id also consider center, (McGovern is a FA) and Lber. Huff, kwon, & Quincy will all be free agents as well.

Also gotta consider a tackle since Becton is unreliable and Duane brown is like 40

you cant draft WR until Zach learns to spread it around. Moore and Mims are fine if they got targets. whats the point of having 4 good WRs if only 2 get targets every week. so the new guy will complain he is running around and not getting any throws. 

right now its a waste of a high draft pick until Zach learns to give everyone a taste of the action. i voted Safety but LB is a good choice too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

you cant draft WR until Zach learns to spread it around. Moore and Mims are fine if they got targets. whats the point of having 4 good WRs if only 2 get targets every week. so the new guy will complain he is running around and not getting anyT  throws. 

right now its a waste of a high draft pick until Zach learns to give everyone a taste of the action. i voted Safety but LB is a good choice too.

I strongly disagree.  The Jets have six players with more than 30 targets.  How much more do you want them to spread it around?  I don't think that they NEED to draft another WR high, but lack of target share is not an issue.  Garrett Wilson is certainly seeing enough targets.  Why wouldn't a shiny new toy?  When you consider that Davis has the potential to be a cap casualty - WR, LB and T may end up on top of the need pile. 

• Upvote 3

I think I speak for many of us that I don't necessarily care at this point who we draft.  What I do care about is that it is week 10 and I haven't thought about the draft for one second.  I haven't been upset that we won a meaningless game to ruin our draft position.  I haven't been watching college games to scout who or what position we need to fill most desperately.   I almost don't recognize the feeling but it is definitely sweet.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I probably go LBer. There will be some talented off the ball LBers in this draft that would do great behind this DLine and in this scheme. Mosley is expensive and getting older, Alexander was a great pickup but will need a contract, and Quincy also is a FA after this year, I believe. I know it's not easy but if Douglas manages to find a Fred Warner type, this defense will be flat out disgusting.

• Upvote 1