I didn't realize we came close to blowing the game on the final play

Facts

2 hours ago, Facts said:

Your and my fat ass probably couldn't run 70 yards in 22 seconds, but I'm pretty sure professional football players can lol.

My guess is they would have spiked it with around 7 seconds left.

Yeah, maybe, though they'd have to wait for the *slowest* lineman to get there, and line up.

It would have been exciting to watch, lol. A relay race of the big uglies.

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

There wasnt any luck involved. That would entail some sort of freak thing happening that didnt. 

Sauce closed the gap because of his skill, abilities, and long arms and made the play. 

The only luck surrounding the situation is that the Houston Texans let him slip to us.

Revis used to do this all the time. What made him amazing was a) his jam at the LOS and b) his closing ability to give space (purposely) and PD the pass. We’ve got a good one in Sauce, kids.

2 hours ago, Facts said:

If we had Allen, we are Super Bowl bound.

Why do we never have a chance to draft guys like him?

Nah, Gase and Macc were disasters. Allen needed a lot of help to be this elite, and people like Daboll were there to give it. He was a project, and would not have been successful on that previous Jets team. 

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

69.3 yards in the air, huh? Even Josh Allen's incomplete passes are impressive.

That was honestly one of the best passes I've ever seen.  I don't like how the subject line said we almost blew the game.  Josh Allen almost pulled off crazy heroics to win that game.  Actually, he couldn't have done any more than he did.  Gabe Davis should've caught that ball (even though Sauce played very good defense on him).

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That was honestly one of the best passes I've ever seen.  I don't like how the subject line said we almost blew the game.  Josh Allen almost pulled off crazy heroics to win that game.  Actually, he couldn't have done any more than he did.  Gabe Davis should've caught that ball (even though Sauce played very good defense on him).

Yeah, Facts seems to like expedient exaggeration, as they say in advertising. It was a remarkable throw and a close call. There are innumerable hail mary's to the end zone that one could argue were also close calls. Bottom line is that the pass was extremely well defended by Gardner. So we could say: Buffalo threw away game on failed pass, or Jets shut down last desperation throw by Allen, or Gardner shows why Jets were better team. "Close to blowing" equals "Succeeded."

Give some props to the pressure from the D line; first on a previous play, they hit Allen's arm which caused a sprain - he probably couldn't throw the ball as far as normal; also the pressure had him roll out and take more time than normal; this plus Sauce following required WR to run faster and further than normal as well.

I was more worried about PI than WR maintaining his lead.

16 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

The instant the play ended I held my breath and looked away from the TV for fear of a flag.Game Time Flag GIF by tillamook

You were not alone.

I was at the opposite end of the stadium and even while players were high fiving each other and walking off the field - i am trying to see where the flag is.

Not insinuating in any way that there was a penalty on the play - but given it is the JETS  -I was actually surprised and of course happy  I could not find one.