Moore slots

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If Moore suddenly has 10 catches ... He won the battle w LaFleur ... If he remains invisible .. he is a whiny bitch we don't need.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

But if he gets 10 catches and mouths off, then we have a problem.  If that happens I think we have to trade him.  Our best hope is that he realizes he acted immaturely and now realizes he only needs to work hard and keep quiet and good things will happen.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

But if he gets 10 catches and mouths off, then we have a problem.  If that happens I think we have to trade him.  Our best hope is that he realizes he acted immaturely and now realizes he only needs to work hard and keep quiet and good things will happen.

He wants off the team.  This isn't about maturity.  He doesn't want to play for the Jets. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He wants off the team.  This isn't about maturity.  He doesn't want to play for the Jets. 

Well if that's his feeling (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was) then I hope JD trades him.  He seems like the kind of diva WR who won't be happy no matter where he is. 

My guess is that he'll get traded somewhere and then say he misses playing for the Jets (after it's too late).

Well if that's his feeling (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was) then I hope JD trades him.  He seems like the kind of diva WR who won't be happy no matter where he is. 
My guess is that he'll get traded somewhere and then say he misses playing for the Jets (after it's too late).
Only if the value is there... He would need to play his ass off for JD to be willing to lose face at this point.

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Only if the value is there... He would need to play his ass off for JD to be willing to lose face at this point.

JD isn't going to hang on to sunk cost to save face.  One of JD's best charachteristics is he's a rational actor.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Unless we dress 6 wrs on gameday, im struggling to see how Moore is going to be active on Sundsys moving forward.

Mimsy has earned it and berrios and smith have special teams role.

Can someone explain how Moore will be active moving forward?

Gives Lefleur and Zach more chances to win games and bitch slap Moore.  Zach and Lefluer are enjoying it.    

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Gives Lefleur and Zach more chances to win games and bitch slap Moore.  Zach and Lefluer are enjoying it.    

Agree.  I think they very well might have moved moore to the slot.  But that has no bearing on him dressing on Sundays.  Again, unless they dress 6 receivers, I see no way Moore can be active.

If they were going to truly change his role in the offense, the bye week makes the most sense, especially while they were winning.  But unless there’s injuries to the wrs, he’s just not going to be a factor in the offense. Maybe they finally throw him a few bubble screens to try to appease him, but does anyone here think that will actually make him happy?  Plus they’re probably getting davis back, and mims is showing he can finally make a difference, that one catch on 3rd down may have saved the game.  

All his antics and immaturity aside, i understand his frustrations, he was a high 2nd round pick who had a lot of targets in his rookie year on a bad team last year, but the gm flicked a switch and his role was greatly diminished to the point where the team is among the best teams in the conference and he could have been inactive the entire season for it.  

59 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Unless we dress 6 wrs on gameday, im struggling to see how Moore is going to be active on Sundsys moving forward.

Looked at all the position groups and snap counts against the Bills. 

Can't sit Yeboah or Smith because they play specials. Unless they sit Smith and move Mims to that role on specials.

With Rankins injury, maybe they go 9 instead of 10 on the D line. 

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Wasn't one of the theories that he didn't want to be put in the slot because Slot WRs get paid less on future contracts?  He wanted to be an outside WR1?

In any case, if Moore wants the football and wants to produce than he should follow the example of Denzel Mims... go where the coaches tell you to go, do what the coaches tell you to do, and go 100% on every snap because the ball WILL eventually come to you.  Make it hard for this staff to take you off the field.

I agree with most of this, but kind of tough to point to Mims as this great success story,  He has 9 targets and 4 catches in 3 weeks.  Yes, Mims seems to be trending upward, but 1. that is still less useage than Moore was seeing earlier in the season and 2.  that might be at Moore's expense.

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Wasn't one of the theories that he didn't want to be put in the slot because Slot WRs get paid less on future contracts?  He wanted to be an outside WR1?

In any case, if Moore wants the football and wants to produce than he should follow the example of Denzel Mims... go where the coaches tell you to go, do what the coaches tell you to do, and go 100% on every snap because the ball WILL eventually come to you.  Make it hard for this staff to take you off the field.

is he good enough to play on the outside at a top level?

9 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

#Jets HC Robert Saleh confirmed to @JosinaAnderson that they’re moving WR Elijah Moore to the slot, ‘it’s a new position because we’ve been playing him outside for the most part’ + ‘we’re trying to find ways to utilize his strengths’:

Wow, mesmerizing, if only some of us had thought about doing that very same thing. That's why they make the big money.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, Mims seems to be trending upward, but 1. that is still less useage than Moore was seeing earlier in the season and 2.  that might be at Moore's expense.

They shouldn't be competing for time. One should be on the outside, and the other on the inside. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I agree with most of this, but kind of tough to point to Mims as this great success story,  He has 9 targets and 4 catches in 3 weeks.  Yes, Mims seems to be trending upward, but 1. that is still less useage than Moore was seeing earlier in the season and 2.  that might be at Moore's expense.

Something that doesn't show up on stat sheets, but has been clear as day on film, is how much good work Mims does run blocking. And not just outside on DB's either, on one of the big runs against Buffalo he had a great block on the LB.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The mims promotion indicates they want players to earn PT by how they perform in meetings, the weight room, practice and overall attitude. When you get your shot, do something or you go back to the bench like Ruckert. 

with Moore it also is related to chemistry and trust with Zach. I’d like to read about the 2 of them staying late for extra work, but no media access anymore so we won’t. 

it is weird tho that he hasn’t gotten a reverse, toss or bubble screen just to get him a touch so he’s getting playing time, but he’s in the doghouse lol. 

7 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Wow, mesmerizing, if only some of us had thought about doing that very same thing. That's why they make the big money.

They shouldn't be competing for time. One should be on the outside, and the other on the inside. 

I think this inside/outside sh*t is outdated thinking.  They are all supposed to be able to move around and succeed. I don't think any slot move is going to suddenly propel  Moore to success.  He seemed pretty successful with Mike White and Flacco.  Honestly, it is not just his targets, I think his catch rate is way down under WIlson. You don't have to be little to play slot.  Jimmy Graham did pretty well.  Why punish the other guys for being big? 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mims will be going back to the gameday inactive list after Davis returns from injury.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It’s a real brain buster.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If Moore suddenly has 10 catches ... He won the battle w LaFleur ... If he remains invisible .. he is a whiny bitch we don't need.

I disagree because I seem to remember that last season Moore made a big deal about seeing himself as an outside WR and not a slot WR. So, it certainly seems possible that the battle was over where Moore plays, in which case, MiLF won the war. 

27 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think this inside/outside sh*t is outdated thinking.  They are all supposed to be able to move around and succeed. I don't think any slot move is going to suddenly propel  Moore to success.  He seemed pretty successful with Mike White and Flacco.  Honestly, it is not just his targets, I think his catch rate is way down under WIlson. You don't have to be little to play slot.  Jimmy Graham did pretty well.  Why punish the other guys for being big? 

Having a small guy on the outside makes it a much harder throw to complete down the sidelines, particularly with a taller corner, unless the guy is wide open. It's a matter of math/angles as opposed to an opinion. A tall guy in the slot presents opportunities as opposed to issues which is why I never said you had to be small to play the slot... Those are your words.