Moore slots

5 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Having a small guy on the outside makes it a much harder throw to complete down the sidelines, particularly with a taller corner, unless the guy is wide open. It's a matter of math/angles as opposed to an opinion. A tall guy in the slot presents opportunities as opposed to issues which is why I never said you had to be small to play the slot... Those are your words.

It is also easier to throw to a tall guy over the middle.  There is a reason size/speed prospects are coveted.  You also do not have to throw to an outside WR down the sideline or an inside receiver over the middle.  I do not dispute that Moore might be better suited to the slot. I am just saying that nobody was complaining about Moore or his use after week 3 and now all of a sudden we are going to move him and it will be some panacea?  I don't see it.  

• Upvote 1

Davis could be cut next year to save money that we probably need. in that case it makes no sense to sign another WR in FA or waste a high draft pick on WR when we have Moore and Mims already here on cheap rookie deals.

so this move is to see if Moore can be a big part of this offense for next year. you move him to the slot so when Davis gets back which is probably soon then all 3 can get snaps. Moore playing well makes Davis expendable for next year. 

it doesnt matter they play 2 different spots as long as you have a 2nd WR who is producing. Mims probably loses snaps this year but next can take over the other outside spot.

• Upvote 1

Against Buffalo, Moore played most of his snaps in the slot. He split time there with Berrios.

I know Jeff Smith used to be one of the gunners. I think Echols has that role now along with Hardee. For those saying he plays special teams, what’s his role and what is his snap count on special teams?

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Against Buffalo, Moore played most of his snaps in the slot. He split time there with Berrios.

I know Jeff Smith used to be one of the gunners. For those saying he plays special teams, what’s his role and what is his snap count on special teams?

I think he's a mainstay on KOs and as a gunner on the punt teams.  Caught that fake punt in Cleveland.

They're not going to deactivate him, so when Davis comes back, who knows.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think he's a mainstay on KOs and as a gunner on the punt teams.  Caught that fake punt in Cleveland.

They're not going to deactivate him, so when Davis comes back, who knows.

We must rotate our second punt gunner. I’ve seen Echols in that role. Could have sworn I’ve seen Ashtyn hauling down on punt coverage as well.

Should be interesting who gets deactivated. I dont think Moore being deactivated is the right answer. Going to have to go with 6 WRs. Not sure who gets deactivated though.

18 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I know Jeff Smith used to be one of the gunners. I think Echols has that role now along with Hardee. For those saying he plays special teams, what’s his role and what is his snap count on special teams?

The idea that they'd deactivate Moore so that Jeff Smith can play special teams is asinine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is 0 chance this is happening.  They have been raving about Mimsy, just made the most important catch of his career etc.  He is permenantly active moving forward.  Hes earned it.

Surely, there is a higher than 0 chance of it happening.

Mims was inactive Weeks 1-6.  He was activated for Moore's one week punishment in Week 7, then for Davis' injury in Weeks 8 and 9.  It's certainly within the realm of possibility, and I would argue likelihood, that he heads back to the inactive list once Davis returns.

Mims has made a few nice plays.  He hasn't done anything that screams "must play" to this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It isn’t.  Smith is more valuable to the team right now.  And davis will return after the bye.

Nope. It’s asinine. We’ve seen Moore’s talent. Scheme a way to get the ball into his hands 3-5 times a game.  Besides Garrett he’s the biggest playmaker our offense has.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

It's not hard to find.  He plays between 5 and 12 snaps on special teams.  For all you dudes looking to cut Davis and roll with Mims for all his glorious reinvention as a team first stud, Jeff Smith has just as many catches as Mims on 2/3 the targets.  Mims does have nearly double the yards, but c'mon.  

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Unless we dress 6 wrs on gameday, im struggling to see how Moore is going to be active on Sundsys moving forward.

Mimsy has earned it and berrios and smith have special teams role.

Can someone explain how Moore will be active moving forward?

Ugh, Mims is still not great. Although I think he's handled everything with a great attitude.

7 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Nope. It’s asinine. We’ve seen Moore’s talent. Scheme a way to get the ball into his hands 3-5 times a game.  Besides Garrett he’s the biggest playmaker our offense has.

He's a speedster. Get the ball in his hands. We need him going forward. Look at how Miami is spreading the ball around with a bunch of fast guys.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

He's a speedster. Get the ball in his hands. We need him going forward. Look at how Miami is spreading the ball around with a bunch of fast guys.

He needs to STFU and produce when his number is called. They finally putting him in the slot where he’s always belonged and split time with Berrios who is a team player. G-Man and Davis on the outside with Mims filling in. 

• Upvote 1

Current negatives:

1) He doesn’t catch contested balls 

2) he doesn’t run hard on lots of routes like runs or when he’s not an early option 

3) he might be like Mims - lost at times with the playbook.

4) All if his agents clients stir up problems and demand trades in the end 

Current positives:

1) Hes fast 

2)He’s got good acceleration 

3) Fine hands on non contested passes. 

4) he’s young and his story isn’t written yet 

• Upvote 1

Current negatives:
1) He doesn’t catch contested balls 
2) he doesn’t run hard on lots of routes like runs or when he’s not an early option 
3) he might be like Mims - lost at times with the playbook.
4) All if his agents clients stir up problems and demand trades in the end 
Current positives:
1) Hes fast 
2)He’s got good acceleration 
3) Fine hands on non contested passes. 

4) he’s young and his story isn’t written yet 

This is well written... The immature 'i have arrived... look at me' attitude isn't helping him ... Your con list outweighs your pro list by a wide margin currently.

If he is only happy playing in the slot ... and we already have Glue Hands Berrios ... his value is even lower.

I agree with your last point. Time will tell the tale.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 11/9/2022 at 8:20 AM, Larz said:

Can we not tell the cheaters this ?

I like Saleh but stfu at press conferences please 

Why?  Sometimes the threat is more important than the action.  That is what I was thinking about making Strevler a game-day active.  That forces a team to prepare for a wildcat/running QB package and takes time away from normal practice.  That fat ******* carpetbagger used to do that kind of sh*t all the time.  That is part of the reason he called so many HB option passes, etc.

20 hours ago, shuler82 said:

The idea that they'd deactivate Moore so that Jeff Smith can play special teams is asinine. 

Which one has caught more passes over the last 4 weeks? 

12 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I had to keep reminding everybody when they were ranting about Mims.  Smith is just as fast as Moore.  

This board is comical.  I WANT ACCOUNTABILITY!  I AM TIRED OF THE INMATES RUNNING THE ASYLUM!   Then as soon as the staff tries to force a guy to follow the team policy and do what is asked, we whine that they are squandering talent.  He's not Lebron James, let the ****er learn his lesson. 

• Upvote 2