Sauce Gardner No. 1, D.J. Reed No. 5 CB in NFL According to PFF

sciond

29 minutes ago, Claymation said:

They are still a joke. I thought they would be NFL's answer to Fangraphs, but they turned into a bias analytical site because the information they gather is riddled with conjecture and interpretation. Hence their scores are tainted.

That is the point here.

Even they acknowledge them.

I mean PFF is PFF, but the corners have been very good. It’s a fun twist on the defenses that we’ve seen with Ryan/Bowles with the quality corner play, because where those defenses created pressure with scheme and blitzing this defense is getting it with 4 guys in waves. I don’t know how contracts will play out on the defensive front with snap percentages but it’s fun, simple, and makes sense.

Love that Reed was reasonably cheap just because he’s a tick undersized. Gives him a little chip.

Sauce is flashy but all his interviews indicated he’s all about football, the length and athleticism are great but I think that’s the trait that gives him the best chance to be absolutely elite for a long time. We’ll see how it all shakes out but I think he’s wired to just keep pushing.

image.png

Put these numbers in perspective, the last QB to start at least 8 games in a season and have a passer rating lower than what Sauce allows is Jamarcus Russell in 2009.

And the last QB to finish a season at 69.2 rating that Reed allows was rookies Josh Allen and Josh Rosen in 2018.

These guys are pretty good

• Upvote 2

And we have them locked up for a few years too,  It is a wonderful thing when draft picks and free agents work out the way you hoped.

This last Jets draft will measure as the best in franchise history before it is all done.  It may be that already.

• Upvote 1

Our corners might be the best duo in the league.  Right now they are collectively ranked as #1, no?

Curious about where our corners were ranked ..as a duo..last season?

Probably injuries factored in, but regardless, the jump in the level of corner play from last season to this one has to be ginormous.

Just wanted a split in the 2 games, playing the Bills at home and Pats away, and figured we had a better shot at beating NE.  Sweeping the two is a very real possibility now.  Saleh, Brick and MLF must match wits with BB and his 2 coordinators to pull it off. 

How jacked will we be for that game..coming off the bye?  

Referencing the great comedy Spinal Tap …we’ll be turned up to 11 on the 10pt dial.

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Seriously?

you want me to provide a counterpoint to what? with references and data?

PFF is complete garbage. What counterpoint or reference do you need for that? How about when they were bullied by Jets Twitter to change a stupid game rating on Quiennen Williams, and then changed it again when he won DPOW from the league and realized how ridiculous the rating looked? How about the "analyst" from PFF that was a fins fan who commented on the original QW ranking trying to justify it and then later admitted he never even watched the game? They have zero credibility. I need not go any further.

Referencing anything they do is stupid. It's clown data.

I am not arguing anything about the Jets CB rankings, mind you. Just pointing out the source is garbage and should never be referenced.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They've been the best group in the league. Carter is a great #3 as well.

Hard to remember a group so transformed in an off-season - The impact has been incredible. 

I use to hate DJ Reed in Seattle. His excellence use to hide a lot of Jamal Adam’s warts. Now just love that dude! 

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

you want me to provide a counterpoint to what? with references and data?

PFF is complete garbage. What counterpoint or reference do you need for that? How about when they were bullied by Jets Twitter to change a stupid game rating on Quiennen Williams, and then changed it again when he won DPOY from the league and realized how ridiculous the rating looked? How about the "analyst" from PFF that was a fins fan who commented on the original QW ranking trying to justify it and then later admitted he never even watched the game? They have zero credibility. I need not go any further.

Referencing anything they do is stupid. It's clown data.

I am not arguing anything about the Jets CB rankings, mind you. Just pointing out the source is garbage and should never be referenced.

"You are beating a dead-horse."

Just provide better info to counterpoint PFF. It's a simple request.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

remember when we said Saleh will never draft a corner 4th because his defense isn't predicated on high end cover corners? good times....

People get hung up on positional value, sometimes you just need to take the talent.  There is no NFL defense that can't use a shut down corner and he checked every single box.  

• Upvote 1