Brady may not be retiring for a long time.

15 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Or maybe it crashed because they pulled out their entire investment heading to divorce thus crashing the stock. We do realize all stock prices are overinflated from similar company investment, right?

That isn't why FTX crashed. There are a litany of reason it crashed, mostly due to an incompetent CEO but Tom and Giselle were not among them. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That isn't why FTX crashed. There are a litany of reason it crashed, mostly due to an incompetent CEO but Tom and Giselle were not among them. 

He lost everyone's money f'ing around. Everyone who had bitcoin or some other sh*tcoin stored on the exchange lost everything. The guy needs to go to prison. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Dude.  Cue the violins.

They could have lost 100% of their stake, whatever it was, and they'd still be light years better off than 99.9% of the poor pricks in the US or anywhere else.

Brady has some ridiculous 200M (or whatever it was exactly) broadcasting deal with CBS or Fox the moment he retires anyway.

The real "loser" would be a guy like Trevor Lawrence if it's true the Jags pay him 100% in crypto.

If that is true, then the real loser is the viewing public!

• Upvote 3

There is a Bitcoin mining machine here in East Tennessee that is driving the whole surrounding community nuts with the noise.  Proposed new site for it is in an industrial park near a zoo.  The zoo will have to shut down because of the noise.

Everyday that I see S***coin drop in "value" it makes me smile.

The company that runs the mining is called Red Dog.  Like the old beer from the 90's.

image.thumb.png.832b36b6825491f1431584557c3601e4.png

Can't wait for them to go belly up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

There is a Bitcoin mining machine here in East Tennessee that is driving the whole surrounding community nuts with the noise.  Proposed new site for it is in an industrial park near a zoo.  The zoo will have to shut down because of the noise.

Everyday that I see S***coin drop in "value" it makes me smile.

The company that runs the mining is called Red Dog.  Like the old beer from the 90's.

image.thumb.png.832b36b6825491f1431584557c3601e4.png

Can't wait for them to go belly up.

I remember Red Dog fondly, and Icehouse too. Not bad stuff

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

damn - I guess we're all about the same age then. Every once in a while we'd splurge for moosehead.

Hell yes moosehead!

I gotta grab a rack of those tonight at the local store now...

(I'll be 53 on the first day of spring, not that T0m will make me a f***ing birthday thread)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Holy hell man, you are my brother from another mother 

56 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

damn - I guess we're all about the same age then. Every once in a while we'd splurge for moosehead.

was it Red Dog that had the sayings under each cap?  

When we were really low budget, Bud Ice.

• Ugh 1

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We used to roll with the miller high life from time to time. Easily the most horrific smelling fart fuel known to mankind.

I never really got that from it. I actually thought it was good beer but now I drink mostly stouts. My friends all drank Bud except this one guy that drank Red Stripe which tasted identical  to Bud. 

15 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is all on paper unless he sold, not an actual loss. He could have even sold to harvest a tax loss and bought back at a lower price acquiring more bitcoin in the process.

#remindme 2 years

@Maxman any word on the remind me feature?

If my portfolio goes up or down my net worth goes up and down.   Beckham took a horrendous beating.  If he actually bought back at a lower price he would have taken a bigger beating.  

There’s nothing wrong with having a small percentage of investments in a high risk assets with no future earnings.   It’s dumb to have a major investment in it and average down your cost when it’s a falling knife.  If you’re regularly rebalancing you might average down by adding if you still wanted to maintain the small percentage of a high risk assets in your portfolio.  If you haven’t lost so much net worth that you could no longer finance your lifestyle.  

Bitcoin price like all risk assets does terribly in an inflationary environment when reserve banks are pulling liquidity out.  They will likely hit bottom when reserve banks are again adding liquidity or the market perceives the will add again soon to fight deflation.   That’s when investors will be looking toward risk assets to get returns again.  

Bitcoin supposedly a hedge against inflation has been routed during a period of extremely high inflation.  That’s because the story ignored the fact that reserve banks would actually destroy liquidity in the system to fight it. 

• Sympathy 1