"Monstrosities": New York Has Started Erecting Thousands Of Giant Gray 5G Towers

I'm worried about the health concerns but they certainly are ugly too.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/monstrosities-new-york-has-started-erecting-thousands-giant-gray-5g-towers

Look around, you can't miss them.

Giant ugly new 5G towers are starting to take over New York City and, despite attempting to look futuristic, many can't help but notice just how much of an eyesore the additions to city streets have become. 

The columns are gray and color and about 32 feet high, according to a new report by the New York Times, with some dwarfing three story buildings. And they're popping up with little to no warning. 

“We were shocked because we had no idea what it was," one store owner in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn said. Marion Little, who owns Stripper Stain & Supplies, says that his customers and neighbors have asked about it. 

He told the New York Times: “They’ve been emailing me, calling me weekends, Facebooking me, like, ‘Yo, what’s that?’ and I’m sitting there like, ‘I have no clue.’”

“I wasn’t even quite sure what it was,” another resident told The Times about a tower popping up in his neighborhood. “The buses turn here. It’s going to be easy to miscalculate and hit the thing,” he said of the tower's placement at a B26 bus stop.

“Never have I heard one mention of residents asking for a tower to be placed where we live,” said Democratic liaison for the 57th Assembly District in Fort Greene Renee Collymore. “Before this tower came, I had fine service. What, a call dropped every now and then? So what. You keep going.”

Another resident in Chinatown called the tower a “monstrosity," asking “who wants to look at something like that?”

Chelsea Formica, who lives on the Upper East Side, got a call from her husband about it while she was out: “He was like, ‘Hey, you know, they put something up outside of our window. I’m just laying here on the couch and it’s pretty big.’”

When she returned home, she was in disbelief: “I was like, ‘Oh, my God,’ freaking out. It’s huge. It’s so big.”

The towers are part of a deal that New York City has with CityBridge and LinkNYC, who is going to be installing 2,000 of the towers in the city over the next several years. Many of the towers are taking the place of where old payphones used to be. The towers have not been activated yet. 

Other towers are going to be placed on top of traffic lights and street lamps, according to the report. 

The Times notes that 90% of the new towers will be in "neighborhoods in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and above 96th Street in Manhattan". They will provide residents with free access to digital calling and Wi-Fi. Carriers like AT&T and Verizon will also be able to use the towers to compliment existing infrastructure. 

image.png.30a84ad6a1c3111c14c9ebc6a6df8f6e.png

image.png.1df2aeb4d2aae88c4a4d70af52311d37.png

image.thumb.png.e6905b1ca28a92ff8b46db4051d40957.png

• Haha 2

On 11/9/2022 at 7:27 PM, Maxman said:

So, is 5G a health concern?  Serious question.

This is one of those subjects where there's a lot of conflicting information both from reputable sources and from bloggers who talk about flat earth and lizard people lol. I personally haven't dug into it so I don't really have an opinion. I will say I've seen arguments about the subject that get really contentious and sometimes political. Just a heads up.

3 hours ago, Nolder said:

This is one of those subjects where there's a lot of conflicting information both from reputable sources and from bloggers who talk about flat earth and lizard people lol. I personally haven't dug into it so I don't really have an opinion. I will say I've seen arguments about the subject that get really contentious and sometimes political. Just a heads up.

If only the journal of exposure science and environmental epidemiology published a report based on 107 experimental studies 

• Haha 2

On 11/9/2022 at 10:27 PM, Maxman said:

So, is 5G a health concern?  Serious question.

I don't know but I also wouldn't just blindly trust that it's safe, even if we hear that the journal of (whatever) says it's safe.  There's big money involved here and people can be bought off.  It's completely naive to think any other way.

Fwiw, my hunch is they are a health concern (just like putting your current cell phone near your body is).  It's also not something you want to be wrong about and find out about later.  There's a reason why people keep getting sicker in this society.  I'm not saying it's just stuff like this, btw.  I think a lot of things contribute to it.  But I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being another one of them.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Dunno, don't really care. Not something I'm interested in tbh.

But you read blogs on the subject lol. It’s the link I posted. If you can find a more credible source with a more thorough examination of the topic I’ll gladly look at it 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know but I also wouldn't just blindly trust that it's safe, even if we hear that the journal of (whatever) says it's safe.  There is big money involved here and people can be bought off.

Journal of whatever.  Big money.  Well I’m convinced 

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You sound incredibly naive to me.

I was posting on ATS in 2003.  You’re going to have to do better than ignoring published scientific papers with sources if you want to continue this with me lol 

you remind me of a Apollo denier that claimed Russia planted big Muley on the moon with an unmanned probe. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Larz said:

I was posting on ATS in 2003.  You’re going to have to do better than ignoring published scientific papers with sources if you want to continue this with me lol 

you remind me of a Apollo denier that claimed Russia planted big Muley on the moon with an unmanned probe. 

Don't blindly trust anything, including scientific journals.  People can be bought, regardless of their profession.  And science gets plenty wrong anyway (think about drugs that were once approved but then recalled).  A few years back it was a fairly big story that scientists 'can't replicate studies by their peers':

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39054778

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Don't blindly trust anything, including scientific journals.  People can be bought, regardless of their profession.  And science gets plenty wrong anyway (think about drugs that were once approved but then recalled).  A few years back it was a fairly big story that scientists 'can't replicate studies by their peers':

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39054778

I’m not interested in playing the game where you say a certain source isn’t credible because sheeple and then present another source I should blindly trust because you do. 

if you can’t read the paper and discuss it on its merits (methodology, data, conclusions) I’m not going to waste my time on your paranoid suspicion. 

if you think 5G is dangerous avoid it I guess 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m not interested in playing the game where you say a certain source isn’t credible because sheeple and then present another source I should blindly trust because you do. 

if you can’t read the paper and discuss it on its merits (methodology, data, conclusions) I’m not going to waste my time on your paranoid suspicion. 

if you think 5G is dangerous avoid it I guess 

If you're of the opinion that science can't be compromised (and never gets anything wrong on top of that!) then blindly trust what they tell you.  I guess.

11 hours ago, Larz said:

But you read blogs on the subject lol. It’s the link I posted. If you can find a more credible source with a more thorough examination of the topic I’ll gladly look at it 

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I've seen some blogs (as well as videos, articles, etc). I didn't read them. I've also seen responses from doctors and scientists, maybe the one you linked even. Like I said this isn't something I care about really so I didn't pay any attention beyond reading a title or maybe a sentence or two. My point was that it's a muddied and contentious subject, for some anyway. I don't have a dog in this fight.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Ok enough joshing. 

@TuscanyTile2

you have 30 days to prove the study is fake because money. 

I would start with the authors.  If you decline this challenge I’ll accept your submission on the subject 

Ken Karipidis, 

Rohan Mate, 

David Urban, 

Rick Tinker & 

Andrew Wood 

30 days. 

You miss the point entirely.  Just keep believing that you never get lied to.  "It can't happen in the field of science".

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

imagine legitimately being concerned about the health effects of 5g.

anyone else very concerned about the health effects of radar?

Do you think it's safe to talk on your cell phone with the phone pressed up against your head?  Or to carry your phone in your pocket without putting it in airplane mode?

• Haha 1