Can the Jets/Bears be flexed. I hope not

johnnyjet

46 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

doubt it but Justin Fields is coming on and so are the Jets. A young Fields vs. Wilson matchup has some hype. Just doesn't seem like a real national draw yet IMO.

Also would seem to be a game the network would be likely to protect, considering the two markets involved. 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We out of towners LOVE the flex.    

Lol, not this one. I love the early games. I considered moving to the west coast of Mexico so they would be even earlier. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Also would seem to be a game the network would be likely to protect, considering the two markets involved. 

Almost positive CBS protected Jets Pats which gives them one more game to protect. If they protect Chicago NY due to the huge media markets they cant protect Jets Vikings or Jets Bills. I expect one of those to get flexed more then Jets Bears

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Almost positive CBS protected Jets Pats which gives them one more game to protect. If they protect Chicago NY due to the huge media markets they cant protect Jets Vikings or Jets Bills. I expect one of those to get flexed more then Jets Bears

I’ve said it before but, if they flex one of them, I hope it’s the Vikes because Kirk Cousins always comes up small in prime time. The Jets aren’t any better, but facing another team that can’t play after 7pm would at least even the playing field. The Bills love prime time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

I’ve said it before but, if they flex one of them, I hope it’s the Vikes because Kirk Cousins always comes up small in prime time. The Jets aren’t any better, but facing another team that can’t play after 7pm would at least even the playing field. The Bills love prime time. 

I have a sneaking suspicion it will be one of the two but not sure which one. Bills winning Sunday would prob push it more likely to be Bills Jets but who knows. The eagles Titans game is sitting at the 1pm spot the same week as Jets Vikes which may be a flexible game as well.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Wouldnt surprise me, the NFL wants to showcase their Superstars and Fields is the most exciting player in the league right now. 

yeah he's exciting running the football but if he keeps running like he's doing because his passing is meh he's going to have issues just like every other running QB in the history of this league. When he's forced to pass his limitations will surface and he will be forced by the better defenses. That's not even including the chance of injury taking on more pounding by running the ball. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

yeah he's exciting running the football but if he keeps running like he's doing because his passing is meh he's going to have issues just like every other running QB in the history of this league. When he's forced to pass his limitations will surface and he will be forced by the better defenses. That's not even including the chance of injury taking on more pounding by running the ball. 

He's completed 65% (with the most drops in the NFL) of his passes for 8 tds and 2 ints in the last 5 weeks w/ 3 games +100 passer rating.  His passing has been very good.  His ball placement is ridiculous and his long ball is one of the best in the league.  You did this with him college too, one day you'll accept it.

37 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He's completed 65% (with the most drops in the NFL) of his passes for 8 tds and 2 ints in the last 5 weeks w/ 3 games +100 passer rating.  His passing has been very good.  His ball placement is ridiculous and his long ball is one of the best in the league.  You did this with him college too, one day you'll accept it.

We'll yeah but what's going to happen when he's forced to pass?

What's funny is, that's one of the games we have remaining that has virtually no chance of being flexed. 

I hate to break it to the Fields fanboys on this board, but the NFL doesn't flex teams into primetime that have lost 5 of their last 6 games. I get that Fields looks legit, but they are going to go with games between two winning teams. 

Jets/Vikings, Jets/Seahawks, Jets/Bills, and Jets/Dolphins all have a much better shot at being flexed. 

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

idk but last week he had the most pass attempts he's had all season and threw for 3 TD's, which is pretty cool, if you like TD's. 

9 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He's been a pretty damn good passer. It hasn't been a lot but he makes it count when he has to. Pretty interested in what the game plan will be to contain his running. 

was my sarcasm really not obvious?

• More Ugh 1