Damien Woody (ESPN): NY Jets-AFC East Champs

Bronx

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Maybe time will prove me wrong and in a week Zach will implode against NE again, but I really think the light switch went on for him after the NE game both for himself realizing the threw away the game and for LaFleur FINALLY realizing he needs to tailor the offense to Zach. 

It is amazing how much this piece on Favre applies to Zach

https://fb.watch/gKeewU-J7t/

Another NE blowup and then playing well the rest of the season could very well happen. I badly want to beat NE but BB is a master of diguising coverages and fooling  young QBs...combine that with the refs and other Foxboro funny business and it’s gonna be a tough win. I hope we can somehow pull it out even if it’s in spite of Zach instead of him being a catalyst. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Another NE blowup and then playing well the rest of the season could very well happen. I badly want to beat NE but BB is a master of diguising coverages and fooling  young QBs...combine that with the refs and other Foxboro funny business and it’s gonna be a tough win. I hope we can somehow pull it out even if it’s in spite of Zach instead of him being a catalyst. 

I'd say game plan is 80% of the battle when playing vs BB's defense.  Balanced attack and  get it out quickly ought to do the trick.  Zack needs to stay in the pocket and take his hits like any other successful NFL QB.   

• Upvote 4

Never thought I'd be saying this...

Right now...everything is on the table.  Every game going forward is magnified now. 

Jets need a win in Foxboro.  Then they'll be in the drivers seat with a W against all AFCE rivals. 

All this kind of talk was to be shelved until next year.  Not anymore. 

Am I dreaming...

image.thumb.png.32dd0bdc7e3c4b032dd00dcb4e893f14.png

Well...

image.png.c973e944b65e10e976ed2c3a341d9c62.png

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

But here is the thing. BB never really fooled Zach. He had a bad overthrow and just lost his mind twice. It was not like last year when Zach was just fooled. So that is a good sign going into this second game.

There was a few times BB showed him a look presnap and the defense morphed into a different coverage and you can tell Zach was expecting something different. If I can find the video I’ll link it. Combine that with the heat BB sent on Zach and he was flustered in the 2nd half. If we can get 1st half Zach we’ll be fine.....

8 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

apparently this guy predicted the jets record by flipping a coin back in august. So far he has gotten every game right. Pretty crazy lol. wonder what the odds are on that.  

6A88BB52-08CB-4261-B468-7AC13FA3D363.thumb.jpeg.962ec02d8f34d499278ad9b05db9a46d.jpeg

This place would be miserable after back to back losses in NE and against Chi. Big picture thinking, if this is the result sign me up 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'd say game plan is 80% of the battle when playing vs BB's defense.  Balanced attack and  get it out quickly ought to do the trick.  Zack needs to stay in the pocket and take his hits like any other successful NFL QB.   

BB is smart 

Early in the game, I think he played a quite a bit of 2 high, press man 

Idea being allow the corners to be aggressive — take away the quick game — knowing they’ve got safety help over the top

BB knows ZW doesn’t have the patience at this point to sit in the pocket and calmly go through any kind of progression 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

they are right where most people want them to be.  and, more importantly they are right where they need to be to start the second half of the season.  they're not home free but they have an excellent shot to win 4 or 5 more games.  they need to start with the patsies.  it won't be easy but a win will really set them up for continued success.

22 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

apparently this guy predicted the jets record by flipping a coin back in august. So far he has gotten every game right. Pretty crazy lol. wonder what the odds are on that.  

6A88BB52-08CB-4261-B468-7AC13FA3D363.thumb.jpeg.962ec02d8f34d499278ad9b05db9a46d.jpeg

For the first 9 games it's a 0.19% chance (I think I did the math right). 

To get all 17 games right it's a 0.00076% chance.

getting all 17 + playoffs is a 0.000095% chance.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Maybe time will prove me wrong and in a week Zach will implode against NE again, but I really think the light switch went on for him after the NE game both for himself realizing the threw away the game and for LaFleur FINALLY realizing he needs to tailor the offense to Zach. 

It is amazing how much this piece on Favre applies to Zach

https://fb.watch/gKeewU-J7t/

If he can throw less than 3 picks we should win this one. 

My #1 concern isn't even Wilson. I mean, that'll always be a concern until such time as he proves to be the straw that stirs the drink.

But that aside, what I'm more concerned about is they start reading about their own hype & come out flat. Hopefully the extra week off lets them get all their (however well-deserved) self-congratulatory stuff out of their systems.

Great win against a powerhouse team in the division, but it was still a regular season game, not the super bowl. What gives me a little better feeling is that they just got humiliated by NE the week before & should want some payback.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Run the dam ball right down the Pats throats so Belicheat defensive schemes won’t confuse Zach and it nullifies or greatly reduce refs potential impact on the game 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

My #1 concern isn't even Wilson. I mean, that'll always be a concern until such time as he proves to be the straw that stirs the drink.

But that aside, what I'm more concerned about is they start reading about their own hype & come out flat. Hopefully the extra week off lets them get all their (however well-deserved) self-congratulatory stuff out of their systems.

Great win against a powerhouse team in the division, but it was still a regular season game, not the super bowl. What gives me a little better feeling is that they just got humiliated by NE the week before & should want some payback.

Yes, they need to come out and kill New England with fire! 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They were the better team vs. NE.  They are the better team.  They should be coming our thirsting for blood and they should finish the game bathing in their blood victoriously. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Don't forget the brimstone. Retribution is at hand!!

I hope.

Honestly? We will beat them by 3-5 points for every pick Zach throws less than 3. If that ADD poster child tosses another 3 we lose. My bigger concern is Q, JJ or Clemons Mo Lewis’s  Jones and Bailey Zappe Bradys us. 

• Upvote 1