Jets fans really are just the best fans

Larz

14 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Alot of cheap tickets available for the bears games... tickets are already below face value

Really? Wow. I saw they were cheap a few weeks ago but I thought the prices would increase with the winning record. I guess people just can't  afford the ticket prices when groceries are over 200 a week. 

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Don’t need it. Play on a HS field who cares once they are winning the stadium is great.

Metlife is a great classic football stadium. 

Metlife seems like it was designed in a high school architecture class.  Getting in and out of the stadium is a nightmare.  If there was ever a fire / bomb scare / shooting or other crowd scaring event, many people will be trampled to death because of the nonsensical design.   I was in KC a few years ago and within 3 minutes of the game ending I was outside of the stadium.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Hex said:

Love how the Cowboys are on top of that list. The Jets have more AFCCG appearances since 1997 than the Cowboys have playoff wins in that time period. And yet, every year they are just good enough to remind people of their 70s-90s greatness and get their money

Plus, what else is there to do in Dallas? Rodeo? Same with Green Bay. Football is the only game in town next to ice fishing or deer-tipping. 

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

There were like 3000 Jet fans in lambuea this year. I heard the J ET chants on the tv lol. This idea that only away fans show up to Metlife is weird 

I didn’t say that. I just feel that in any given Sunday there is a significant amount of opposing fans there. It was commented on by the announcers on how many Buffalo fans were present. Are you seriously trying to compare the loyalty of Green Bay fans attending their home games vs selling their tickets to opposing fan base compared to New York Jet fans?

2 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

I didn’t say that. I just feel that in any given Sunday there is a significant amount of opposing fans there. It was commented on by the announcers on how many Buffalo fans were present. Are you seriously trying to compare the loyalty of Green Bay fans attending their home games vs selling their tickets to opposing fan base compared to New York Jet fans?

I just think your logic is flawed. Metlife holds 82k while Green Bay holds way less then that. If Metlife was 60k there be wayyyy less opposing fans. People also forget NYC is a huge draw for road games. Seriously if you live in bumble **** America do one road game a year you want to go to NYC or I don’t know Cleveland? NYC of course. It’s a false narrative that your pushing 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I just think your logic is flawed. Metlife holds 82k while Green Bay holds way less then that. If Metlife was 60k there be wayyyy less opposing fans. People also forget NYC is a huge draw for road games. Seriously if you live in bumble **** America do one road game a year you want to go to NYC or I don’t know Cleveland? NYC of course. It’s a false narrative that your pushing 

And Limbaugh field a classic is not a draw? No false narrative maybe a wrong opinion but you cannot beat the loyalty and live breath their team like the Packer fans. 

PS. I know alot of fans that pass on going to NYC to see the Jets. 

• WTF? 1

21 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ever see hard rock at a jets fins game? Lots of green 

I go every year in Miami.  There’s 40+% Jet fans.  Really, not the whining we do about Jet crowds in NJ.  A few seasons back they were unraveling “home of the Jets” banners in Miami.  And of course they do the J-E-T-S chant all game.  
When the Jets go into a season expected to win shltty STH won’t sell their STs and the visiting # of fans will drop off.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

And Limbaugh field a classic is not a draw? No false narrative maybe a wrong opinion but you cannot beat the loyalty and live breath their team like the Packer fans. 

PS. I know alot of fans that pass on going to NYC to see the Jets. 

Just don’t get your point that packer fans are more loyal. Based off your “feelings”? Kinda of an odd take 

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Really? Wow. I saw they were cheap a few weeks ago but I thought the prices would increase with the winning record. I guess people just can't  afford the ticket prices when groceries are over 200 a week. 

Bills and patriots game were 3x the face because there was an abundance of fans from the opponent driving up prices. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Just don’t get your point that packer fans are more loyal. Based off your “feelings”? Kinda of an odd take 

My survey ‘Objective Measures of Fan Loyalty’ sent to Packer  and Jet fans hasn’t been completed but as soon as it comes in I’ll let you know the results 

8 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Metlife seems like it was designed in a high school architecture class.  Getting in and out of the stadium is a nightmare.  If there was ever a fire / bomb scare / shooting or other crowd scaring event, many people will be trampled to death because of the nonsensical design.   I was in KC a few years ago ama2nd within 3 minutes of the game ending I was outside of the stadium.

For 80k leaving mostly at once is not bad at all. It's actually well organized and can't get better than the set up they have. 

Try to get out of citifield or yankee stadium. Those fields hold alot less then metlife and its an absolute nightmare.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

9 hours ago, ECURB said:

Blah blah blah… much better than the dump that was Giants stadium and much better than most stadiums in terms of field view etc. if you just like flashy designs I guess keep being mad.

Also if you did 2 min of research you would know the exterior of MetLife was designed specifically to stop the stupid wind that plagued the field at giants stadium… and it works… thank goodness they cared about actual football impact and football viewing and didn’t listen to cry babies like you.

It’s much better than Giants Stadium but can we not have great things? I wouldn’t even call it average. 

• Upvote 1

Why is this a big thing now all of a sudden? Before psls the jets sold out all the time even if they sucked. 

having Joe Douglas brag at a pc that the bills game was already a sellout and having the bills players encourage the crowd to make noise was really embarrassing. That sh*t never happened before.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ECURB said:

Blah blah blah… much better than the dump that was Giants stadium and much better than most stadiums in terms of field view etc. if you just like flashy designs I guess keep being mad.

Also if you did 2 min of research you would know the exterior of MetLife was designed specifically to stop the stupid wind that plagued the field at giants stadium… and it works… thank goodness they cared about actual football impact and football viewing and didn’t listen to cry babies like you.

How many home playoff games have you been to at the ac vent since your purchased psls?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Metlife seems like it was designed in a high school architecture class.  Getting in and out of the stadium is a nightmare.  If there was ever a fire / bomb scare / shooting or other crowd scaring event, many people will be trampled to death because of the nonsensical design.   I was in KC a few years ago and within 3 minutes of the game ending I was outside of the stadium.

I was in KC with you. It was very easy to get in and out. Love arrowhead 

• Upvote 2

On 11/11/2022 at 6:07 PM, peebag said:

I sure saw a lot of Bills jerseys in the stands last Sunday.

WAYYYY to many.  Part of changing the perception and "Culture" of the NY Jets falls on the fans.  If you can't show up while the team is winning and fighting for the division AT LEAST sell your seats to a Jets fan.  Excuses are running out.  With a defense like this a loud home field advantage could actually win us a game.  Show up and rock out !

13 hours ago, VERMONT JET said:

WAYYYY to many.  Part of changing the perception and "Culture" of the NY Jets falls on the fans.  If you can't show up while the team is winning and fighting for the division AT LEAST sell your seats to a Jets fan.  Excuses are running out.  With a defense like this a loud home field advantage could actually win us a game.  Show up and rock out !

That’s on some Jet fans, the creation of better TVs and the home watching experience. Imagine watching at home in the 90s compared to now. Way different.

Jet fans (the finger in the air ones) will come back to the building slowly as the team gets better. I already have seen the guys who called me a “sucker” for having season tickets paying over face value now to come to games. 

There will always be opposing fans in our stadium. Between all the people that move here from other places, the appeal of spending a couple of days in NY and just the sheer population of people that are from here, you're going to have thousands of people that are there to see someone else. Those of us from New York know alot of people that we grew up with that root for other teams. I can think of five off the top of my head right now. 

It's just the way it is. Metlife will never be the Pope speaking at the Vatican type of uniformity we would like it to be.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:09 PM, Alka said:

I went to the Miami game this year, and it felt like thousands of Fins fans were in the stadium.  I would have loved to have those seats filled with Jets fans.

League-wide phenomenom that PSL-paying fans look to pay some bills by selling to visiting fans. Have a friend in Vegas, has 8 tickets to the Raiders, typically sells 4-6 to out of towners and it pays the freight and then some. NFL decided to charge people top dollar so no surprise that season ticketholders are taking the same tack. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BP said:

I was in KC with you. It was very easy to get in and out. Love arrowhead 

Arrowhead and the old Giants Stadium were designed by the same people and shared roughly the same idea. Chiefs rehabbed Arrowhead, which probably would have been a better and more reasonable idea than the AC Unit. 

16 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

For 80k leaving mostly at once is not bad at all. It's actually well organized and can't get better than the set up they have. 

Try to get out of citifield or yankee stadium. Those fields hold alot less then metlife and its an absolute nightmare.

Have had the exact opposite experiences at new Yankee and Shea; in and out very easily. New Shea doesn't employ enough tickettakers, but no issue getting out of both. Metlife by contrast is awful entrance and egress. Dumps people into concourses where concession lines are. Not nearly enough bathrooms, unlike every other venue around here. Feels almost dangerous in the sense unlike those venues doubt they could empty in very quickly in an emergency. Looks like the people who designed it had never been to an NFL game nor a sold out concert. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, Bugg said:

Arrowhead and the old Giants Stadium were designed by the same people and shared roughly the same idea. Chiefs rehabbed Arrowhead, which probably would have been a better and more reasonable idea than the AC Unit. 

Yes, but the noise in the stadium is created by the lower stands being reset into the ground. If you get a lower level seat you have to walk down after you enter the stadium, everything else is up. That lower bowl acts like a subwoofer. Giants stadium was built on a swamp so you had to go up even to get to lower levels. Giants stadium was way better than this 1.6 billion pos that was built around club suites. Everything that sucks about it was the Jets insisting on it. NO SPIRALS DAMNIT!!!