*** College Game Day 11-12 ***

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Can Bama lose their 3rd game of the year?  Playing #11 Ole Miss

More likely, they win out.  LSU loses to Arkansas today and A&M in two weeks.  Then Bama beats us in the SEC title game and goes on to become the first two loss team to win the Natty.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Lith said:

More likely, they win out.  LSU loses to Arkansas today and A&M in two weeks.  Then Bama beats us in the SEC title game and goes on to become the first two loss team to win the Natty.

That is a true Jets fan outlook.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joejet said:

That is a true Jets fan outlook.

In this case, its a Georgia fans outlook.  You would think winning a Natty last year would make me feel differently, but 50 years watching the Jets, plus the 30 watching the Dawgs until last year have become part of my psyche.  Right now, it looks like both my teams are good and I just don't know how to handle that.

• Haha 1

Georgia is even more impressive as a team than they were last year.  Last year they were totally loaded with talent all over the place, what was it 5 first rounders on defense?

Last week they totally neutered a high powered team, their D looked just as good.  The QB looks better this year as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

The only one of these QBs I’d have any faith in sticking around the NFL for any length of time is Stetson Bennett. Every one of the high-profile guys is yikes city.

I like Bennetts character and savvy but he just does not have the physical tools to be a good pro imo.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Georgia is even more impressive as a team than they were last year.  Last year they were totally loaded with talent all over the place, what was it 5 first rounders on defense?

Last week they totally neutered a high powered team, their D looked just as good.  The QB looks better this year as well.

Georgia is never losing again.  They're unbeatable. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I like Bennetts character and savvy but he just does not have the physical tools to be a good pro imo.

This next few years of NFL football is going to be about having a dude who can roll out and complete seven yard digs eight times on a drive without ******* up. It’s the big armed dopes who are getting neutered by two high. IMO 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This next few years of NFL football is going to be about having a dude who can roll out and complete seven yard digs eight times on a drive without ******* up. It’s the big armed dopes who are getting neutered by two high. IMO 

You also have to be able to run often and with effect.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only one of these QBs I’d have any faith in sticking around the NFL for any length of time is Stetson Bennett. Every one of the high-profile guys is yikes city.

I still really like Bryce Young, but I’m out of shape, pushing 30, and think I may have a better frame for NFL hits than he does.

I have soured a bit on Stroud.  Doesn’t appear to possess the moxie or guts that Fields had.  That being said, he does a lot more, from a mental stand point, than Justin did, and with Fields's success right now, I’m slowly getting back there.  Not sure I’d take that risk with a top 15 pick though.  I think he is best suited being selected to a really good team and allowed to sit, like Lamar Jackson in 2018.

Will Levis scares the sh*t out of me.  I don’t totally despise him but, like Stroud, he needs to go to the right situation.

That’s just the big 3.  After them it’s a huge drop-off.  The one guy I’m most interested in, that would shake up this entire draft, is Quinn Ewers.  I highly doubt he’ll come out and, honestly, I don’t think he should…but I think there is something there.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I still really like Bryce Young, but I’m out of shape, pushing 30, and think I may have a better frame for NFL hits than he does.

I have soured a bit on Stroud.  Doesn’t appear to possess the moxie or guts that Fields had.  That being said, he does a lot more, from a mental stand point, than Justin did, and with Fields's success right now, I’m slowly getting back there.  Not sure I’d take that risk with a top 15 pick though.  I think he is best suited being selected to a really good team and allowed to sit, like Lamar Jackson in 2018.

Will Levis scares the sh*t out of me.  I don’t totally despise him but, like Stroud, he needs to go to the right situation.

That’s just the big 3.  After them it’s a huge drop-off.  The one guy I’m most interested in, that would shake up this entire draft, is Quinn Ewers.  I highly doubt he’ll come out and, honestly, I don’t think he should…but I think there is something there.

I probably liked Stroud the best coming into the season, but watching him struggle-ish at times despite playing with a receiver corps full of lottery picks has been disappointing. I liked Fields better than him in any case because I thought Fields was uniquely gifted athletically. Bryce Young is nice, but that lack of size is unsettling, especially considering he doesn’t seem to run very well. Levis hype I never understood. Reminds me of Jake Locker hype. Anthony Richardson is like a juiced up Taysom Hill. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I probably liked Stroud the best coming into the season, but watching him struggle-ish at times despite playing with a receiver corps full of lottery picks has been disappointing. I liked Fields better than him in any case because I thought Fields was uniquely gifted athletically. Bryce Young is nice, but that lack of size is unsettling, especially considering he doesn’t seem to run very well. Levis hype I never understood. Reminds me of Jake Locker hype. Anthony Richardson is like a juiced up Taysom Hill. 

Levis is a much better runner than Locker. I wouldn’t draft a QB that isn’t a threat to run. Young and Stroud aren’t running threats in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I would not touch Hooker in the first 45 picks because of his age (24) and I have concerns about that system inflating his stats. That being said, he's accurate, gets the ball out quick, manages the pocket well and picks up yards with his legs. I think those are really good traits to have in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I would not touch Hooker in the first 45 picks because of his age (24) and I have concerns about that system inflating his stats. That being said, he's accurate, gets the ball out quick, manages the pocket well and picks up yards with his legs. I think those are really good traits to have in the NFL. 

I don’t think age is that big of a deal for a QB. Mayfield was drafted first overall at age 24.