Jump to content

**Week 10 NFL games**


Dcat

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I mean, I hate everything Philly Sports but that's some bullsh*t, terrible call. Dad was a cop and told me there were 2 kinds of cops: Spirit of The Law and Letter of The Law. These refs would give you a ticket for 3mph over. Clowns. 

Couldn't disagree more.  I didn't think he was trying to let up at all.  If the rule exists, it's so QBs don't get hit after they give themselves up, which is exactly what happened there  . . .

 

  • Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  I didn't think he was trying to let up at all.  If the rule exists, it's so QBs don't get hit after they give themselves up, which is exactly what happened there  . . .

 

Dude, he was literally sliding trying to let up. You think Graham wanted a penalty in that situation? 

By rule, I guess it is a "penalty", but the rule needs changing in that case. Heinicke knew what he was doing. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  I didn't think he was trying to let up at all.  If the rule exists, it's so QBs don't get hit after they give themselves up, which is exactly what happened there  . . .

 

I agree with this, the guy very clearly went down on a knee, was it a crushing hit?  No, just a dumb play.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Although as a side note, considering it happened in regulation, didn't the refs drop the ball there in that Wash still should've been up for a PAT there?  Not that it makes any difference at all in this game, but regardless of the clock having run out, it's only in OT that there's no attempt after the game-winning TD.

Might be some gambling ramifications perhaps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OCCH23 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  I didn't think he was trying to let up at all.  If the rule exists, it's so QBs don't get hit after they give themselves up, which is exactly what happened there  . . .

 

Momentum is a thing. Especially with 200+lb men. If he wasn't trying to let up Heineke would be chasing Ichabod Crane right now. Refs were doing everything to give Philly another shot anyway, so F 'em, whatever. However, the 'protection' of QBs is ******* absurd these days. There's no second set of rules for different players in any sport the way there is for QBs. If you think what happened there is worth 15 and an automatic I don't know what to tell you. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Dude, he was literally sliding trying to let up. You think Graham wanted a penalty in that situation? 

By rule, I guess it is a "penalty", but the rule needs changing in that case. Heinicke knew what he was doing. 

I'm not looking to argue, but I watched every replay and saw no attempt to "slide" at all.  He literally fell forward into the QB. 

Do I think he wanted a penalty?  Of course not.  But did it look like he was so focused on getting the ball that he didn't pull up in time?  That's what it looked like from my side of the screen . . .

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Dude, he was literally sliding trying to let up. You think Graham wanted a penalty in that situation? 

By rule, I guess it is a "penalty", but the rule needs changing in that case. Heinicke knew what he was doing. 

Heinicke definitely knew what he was doing, but he also wasn't wrong in terms of the rules.

Kind of difficult to feel any pity for the Eagles considering their prior drive only ever happened because of a BS call to give them another chance, yet they immediately failed with that opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Momentum is a thing. Especially with 200+lb men. If he wasn't trying to let up Heineke would be chasing Ichabod Crane right now. Refs were doing everything to give Philly another shot anyway, so F 'em, whatever. However, the 'protection' of QBs is ******* absurd these days. There's no second set of rules for different players in any sport the way there is for QBs. If you think what happened there is worth 15 and an automatic I don't know what to tell you. 

Not saying I like the rule -- just that what happened on that play was a textbook violation of it . . .

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Not saying I like the rule -- just that what happened on that play was a textbook violation of it . . .

QBs shouldn't be allowed to slide and Heineke bitched it up if we're being honest. "Flag! Flag! Gimme Flag! HE TOUCHED ME!" Which is what happened...he touched him. Just gross and sh*tty all around. In the 'spirit' of the rule the game shouldn't have ended there. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...