Playoffs Start Today ...

KRL

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

lmfao  this was a funny read.  They're 6-3 (5-1 w/ Zach) but they will need "miracles" to win more than 3 games?  I'm curious what you had their record at this point preseason?  lol 

I'm always pleased when I entertain you JiF. :)

My preseason predictions are also posted/linked in the thread, so no need to be curious.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My preseason predictions are also posted/linked in the thread, so no need to be curious.

oh man, this is great, you had the Jets 1-8.  lmfao Brady Quinn Jr. over here. 

What is even funnier though, is that you predicted 3 wins in second half after the bye.  And now, even with the Jets at 6-3, you think it will take a "miracle" to win the 3 games you predicted the 1-8 Jets to win.  lmfao  this was amazing, thank you.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, doitny said:

dont underestimate the Bears. last 4 games they avg 30 pts and Fields is running like crazy. that game makes me nervous.

I mean, that was against the Lions, Miami and the Cowboys. They scored 29 against the Cowboys but got absolutely trounced in that game. In fact they LOST all those games. I dunno, lets see how they do against a very beatable but Falcons team. 

This Jets defense should be able to control Fields. As long as they don't look passed the Bears and take them seriously. I think this is a grind it out type of Win. 

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

oh man, this is great, you had the Jets 1-8.  lmfao Brady Quinn Jr. over here. 

I had them at 9-7 finish in July before preseason, which at the time was considered an overly optimistic prediction by many here.

In August, I was less optimistic, predicting an overall finish anywhere from 4-13 to my original 9-7, after Zach was hurt once again.

You're aware people can just read it themselves, right?  It's literally right up there, I linked it.  I'm not hiding anything.  I own my rights and wrongs.

Need I remind you JiF that you yourself predicted a 7-10 finish, in the same poll thread linked above? 

Sadly, you didn't post an actual game by game prediction, in that poll thread, or the other thread.  But by all means, if you have a post predicting your 7-10 game by game, please feel free to link it like I did mine.

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

What is even funnier though, is that you predicted 3 wins in second half after the bye.   

Yes, I am aware of what I wrote this very morning JiF.  

And now, even with the Jets at 6-3, you think it will take a "miracle" to win the 3 games you predicted the 1-8 Jets to win.

That isn't what I said.  

I said "Without a few miracles, I see three wins here.  Bears, Lions, Jags.". 

I did not say that it would "take a miracle to win the 3 games".

lmfao  this was amazing, thank you.

I am pleased you are pleased.

• Haha 1

If they can beat NE this week I will be a lot more optimistic about this team moving forward. They’ve shown so much promise but there have been too many games where they caught a bit of a break or simply didn't lose. The game before last saw BB once again dismantle ZW. If they can carry over the momentum from the Bills game AND put BB in, basically, last place in the afce then they may very well beat everyone from there on out. Game on.

It is, however, time to start thinning out the herd and I can’t ignore BBs record against young Jet QBs. The Jets control their destiny right now and that rarely works out for them. 

This game is yuge.

45 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

lmfao  this was a funny read.  They're 6-3 (5-1 w/ Zach) but they will need "miracles" to win more than 3 games?  I'm curious what you had their record at this point preseason?  lol 

Well to be completely fair and objective, CLE *was* a miracle win :)

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I had them at 9-7 finish in July before preseason, which at the time was considered an overly optimistic prediction by many here.

In August, I was less optimistic, predicting an overall finish anywhere from 4-13 to my original 9-7, after Zach was hurt once again.

You're aware people can just read it themselves, right?  It's literally right up there, I linked it.  I'm not hiding anything.  I own my rights and wrongs.

Need I remind you JiF that you yourself predicted a 7-10 finish, in the same poll thread linked above? 

Sadly, you didn't post an actual game by game prediction, in that poll thread, or the other thread.  But by all means, if you have a post predicting your 7-10 game by game, please feel free to link it like I did mine.

Yes, I am aware of what I wrote this very morning JiF.  

That isn't what I said.  

I said "Without a few miracles, I see three wins here.  Bears, Lions, Jags.". 

I did not say that it would "take a miracle to win the 3 games".

I am pleased you are pleased.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The CS is also going to be tested in the 2nd half of the season.  The games are higher stakes.  Road games in New England, Miami and Buffalo amongst others.  

Can the CS get the team to win the games they're supposed to as well as pull off some upsets?

Can they coach ZW up (as he clearly needs to take a big step if this team has any real aspirations)?

For this franchise, it’s harder to coach at home than on the road…

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

You preseason prediction was pretty bad. 

just like they were able to win 5 more games than you expected - they should be able to sneak one more in. 

10 wins gets us in

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I want to see us actually beat the Pats before crowning us with the division or even a wild card spot. There's a ways to go and there are too many opportunities for the Ravens/Bengals/Pats Jets to resurface. One game at a time.

Do you think we'll be able to slow down Patrick Mahomes enough to win the AFCCG?

8 hours ago, KRL said:

Shockingly, everything is in front of the Jets as they reassemble after the bye:

- The #1 seed in the AFC
- The #1 spot in the AFC East

They need to raise their sights and not settle for sneaking into a wildcard spot.
Let's see how mature/serious the roster and staff are as they prep for the final
eight games.  One good sign is we heard absolutely nothing in terms of players 
getting into "off the field shenanigans" during their off week.  The offensive
side of the roster should be stronger with the return of Davis, Fant and Mitchell.
The big questions are can Wilson take a step and be more consistent in taking what
the defense gives him in terms of checkdowns.  And can he show better awareness on
when to leave the pocket and pickup 5+ yards on scrambles.  As far as the defense
is concerned I'm hoping to see Ulbrich add a few blitz wrinkles to ensure we aren't
predictable.  I'd also like to see more reps for our young edges (Huff & Johnson)       

Agree 100% unfortunately I view this team more like the 2009 Jets and hopefully next season is a better version of the 2010 team, and it’s not gonna be that hard just get a little more from the QB position then you got from Sanchez in 2010 and this team should compete for all these things and possibly more ? 

Zach Wilson

Shockingly, everything is in front of the Jets as they reassemble after the bye. The NY Jets Playoff drive starts today. Here is what is on the table right now:

– The #1 seed in the AFC
– The #1 spot in the AFC East

They need to raise their sights and not settle for sneaking into a wildcard spot. Let’s see how mature/serious the roster and staff are as they prepare for the final eight games.  One good sign is we heard absolutely nothing in terms of players getting into “off the field shenanigans” during their off-week.  The offensive side of the roster should be stronger with the return of Corey Davis, George Fant and Max Mitchell.

The big questions are can Wilson take a step and be more consistent in taking what the defense gives him in terms of check downs.  Can he show better awareness on when to leave the pocket and pick up 5+ yards on scrambles?

Mike LaFleur and Miles Austin have to find a way to get Elijah Moore involved to make this offense more explosive.

As far as the defense is concerned, I’m hoping to see Jeff Ulbrich add a few blitz wrinkles to ensure we aren’t predictable.  I’d also like more reps for our young edges (Huff & Johnson).

Let us know what you think, stop by and comment in the # 1 NY Jets message board.

The post NY Jets Playoff Drive Starts Today appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

I assume Jim Nantz will be calling the Jets/Pats game for CBS on Sunday.  Nantz is a Jets fan so it'll be interesting to hear if there's any extra excitement should the Jets play well.  He's the consummate pro though so probably not, but you never know. 

I also wonder when the last time he called a Jets game was.  Could it have been the Jets win over the Pats in the playoffs in 2010?  

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I assume Jim Nantz will be calling the Jets/Pats game for CBS on Sunday.  Nantz is a Jets fan so it'll be interesting to hear if there's any extra excitement should the Jets play well.  He's the consummate pro though so probably not, but you never know. 

I also wonder when the last time he called a Jets game was.  Could it have been the Jets win over the Pats in the playoffs in 2010?  

Never assume! Kevin Harlan (and Trent Green) are on the call this week. 

FYI, Natntz and Romo always call the best late game on CBS. 

Edit: Also, Nantz and Romo called the Jets-Cowboys game in 2019

13 hours ago, JiFapono said:

They control their own destiny w/ what IMO, is the easier part of the schedule on the horizon.  Which is wild but if you ask me, the most important game left is this upcoming game vs. New England.  They have to get this monkey off their back.  I think losing this game could have some negative impacts.  I hope not because this seems like a tough, resilient team but you cant help to think it would be a very deflating loss to start the second half of the year and what should a very legitimate playoff/division championship run.

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He and Romo called Jets-Cowboys in 2019 and Jets-Bears in 2018. Didn’t know he was a Jets fan but I looked it up and sure enough he is. Saw an in-game clip of him and Romo talking about the Jets beating the Rams in 2020 and he was not happy. 

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Ask anybody inside the building and they will tell you this year's playoff drive started in week one.

Also, what is so important about today that everybody thinks the Jets' playoff drive will start today?

1st half of the season you figure out who your team is and  put yourself in a position to compete for the playoffs.  

2nd half of the season is where you get it done.

It’s like a new season after the break.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

1st half of the season you figure out who your team is and  put yourself in a position to compete for the playoffs.  

2nd half of the season is where you get it done.

It’s like a new season after the break.  

You make a good point there.

• Upvote 1