Jets-Pats predictions

Jet Fan RI

29 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

C'mon bud, you're better than this.

You're telling me a HS QB could go 20-41, 355 yds, 2 TDs against a BB defense?  If the kid throws a couple balls further out of bounds we probably win the game.

It wasn't a game anyone will use to defend his future in the league, but it also wasn't one that "proves" he doesn't belong in it either . . .

2 TDs and 7 INTs in 2 full games. 48% and 57% comp %. in 2 games. so what about the yards he is a Turnover machine against Bill that completes passes at a pathetic %. thats HS QB numbers. 

No rocket science here.  Jets have the more talented roster, but also have a questionable QB.

If Wilson plays well and with no turnovers, the Jets will win.

If Wilson plays poorly, the Jets will lose.

The Pats are not a high powered team.  Wilson does not have to carry the team and he has to understand that.

No failed attempts at hero ball or they lose. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, doitny said:

2 TDs and 7 INTs in 2 full games. 48% and 57% comp %. in 2 games. so what about the yards he is a Turnover machine against Bill that completes passes at a pathetic %. thats HS QB numbers. 

So you'd rather lump both seasons together rather than notice this year was WAY better than last?

I guess I'm not surprised, and it's probably going to be a while (if ever) before he produces at a level that will satisfy fans like you.

Funny thing is, I'm still on the fence about the kid as well.  I'm just not so defiant about it that I can't recognize the progress he's made . . .

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

Zach has to make a paradigm shift against the Pats. No doubt about it. Get them out of his head, play decent, and move forward.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

So you'd rather lump both seasons together rather than notice this year was WAY better than last?

I guess I'm not surprised, and it's probably going to be a while (if ever) before he produces at a level that will satisfy fans like you.

Funny thing is, I'm still on the fence about the kid as well.  I'm just not so defiant about it that I can't recognize the progress he's made . . .

i was talking about him vs Bill not in general. of course he had to make progress this year he took baby steps last year. there was nowhere to go but up. Bill owns him, whether its just this year or last year.

want to know what satisfied me? the Buffalo game. 72% comp . no INTs. i will except 62% comp but no lower. i dont think thats a hard thing to do in his 2nd year. right now he is at 57% for the year. that to me is the most important stat. no QB in this ERA is successful throwing in under 62%. there are many who suck throwing above that, but no one is good below that.

at his current pace he will have the worst 2nd year of any QB including Josh Allen in the last decade. did he make progress then? history tells us he would have to be the Unicorn of all Unicorns to be good. but there will always be fans like you who will believe that he is that Unicorn. that 1 guy who was so bad he can overcome it when nobody else could. 

we have seen flashes. 4th qt in Pitt, Buffalo game, a QT here or there. progress is putting a few of those games together. progress is showing that he isnt going to fall for that BS that Bill threw at him just 2 weeks ago. it should be very fresh in his mind and coming off his best pro game its shouldn't be hard.

you want to keep the faith thats fine, but im sick and tired of always having to see another year or 2 even though you know there not going to be good. other teams good QBs show real progress in year 2. but the Jets? our QB has to be the worst rated QB in the league and were like, dont worry he needs a 3rd and 4th year to be good even though only one guy did that (Allen) and Zach is coming in under him at year 2.

8 games left to show real progress. to not be on the bottom of the starting QB list. 

14 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Then this will be in the 30%

What's funny about this is that if the Patriots normally go 11-5 or 12-4 in a season before 17 game seasons kicked in, then the Patriots win between 68.5% or 75% of the time when it's not after a bye week.

So, in effect, the Patriots win at their normal percentage historically of around 70% whether it's after a bye week or not.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, freestater said:

24-10 Jets. 

Saleh has his men motivated and seeking revenge. Defense dominates. Running game starts to grind them down in the fourth. Pedestrian numbers from Zach but no turnovers. 

our deffesie has  to play weal  and keep it going  i  say jets will get win NYJ 28 NE 20

• Upvote 3

On 11/14/2022 at 10:51 PM, OCCH23 said:

For all of ZW's flaws, we win that game if:

• JFM doesn't commit his penalty
  • the defense doesn't give up multiple 3rd and longs
  • we don't muff the 2nd half KO to give NE great field position
  • we don't miss a FG, changing the landscape of the game

Those aren't excuses for ZW, but rather proof that he doesn't have to "prove" anything -- this team is good enough to cover his deficiencies, but only if they bring their "A" game.

As much as I want to see Zack put his big boy pants on, I'm not sure this is the game we should expect him to do it (and of course I pray he proves me wrong) . . .

The second point cannot be understated - the Jets D was awful on getting off the field in the first half - especially when we had the momentum but couldn't get the ball back. We can't let the Pats eat clock and keep drives going and let Jones run for first downs. I think that was one of the worst games the D played all year. It wasn't just Zach's mistakes. If the D could have gotten off the field in the first half we could have added to our lead. Add to that the roughing the passer penalty and they allowed the game to turn. Our D is the best unit on the field. They need to assert their dominance and take control of this game. I'm thinking they'll be pissed off from last game.

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, THE BARON said:

No rocket science here.  Jets have the more talented roster, but also have a questionable QB.

If Wilson plays well and with no turnovers, the Jets will win.

If Wilson plays poorly, the Jets will lose.

The Pats are not a high powered team.  Wilson does not have to carry the team and he has to understand that.

No failed attempts at hero ball or they lose. 

Would love to see him run for a couple first downs, maybe even a TD.

• Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, doitny said:

i was talking about him vs Bill not in general. of course he had to make progress this year he took baby steps last year. there was nowhere to go but up. Bill owns him, whether its just this year or last year.

want to know what satisfied me? the Buffalo game. 72% comp . no INTs. i will except 62% comp but no lower. i dont think thats a hard thing to do in his 2nd year. right now he is at 57% for the year. that to me is the most important stat. no QB in this ERA is successful throwing in under 62%. there are many who suck throwing above that, but no one is good below that.

at his current pace he will have the worst 2nd year of any QB including Josh Allen in the last decade. did he make progress then? history tells us he would have to be the Unicorn of all Unicorns to be good. but there will always be fans like you who will believe that he is that Unicorn. that 1 guy who was so bad he can overcome it when nobody else could. 

we have seen flashes. 4th qt in Pitt, Buffalo game, a QT here or there. progress is putting a few of those games together. progress is showing that he isnt going to fall for that BS that Bill threw at him just 2 weeks ago. it should be very fresh in his mind and coming off his best pro game its shouldn't be hard.

you want to keep the faith thats fine, but im sick and tired of always having to see another year or 2 even though you know there not going to be good. other teams good QBs show real progress in year 2. but the Jets? our QB has to be the worst rated QB in the league and were like, dont worry he needs a 3rd and 4th year to be good even though only one guy did that (Allen) and Zach is coming in under him at year 2.

8 games left to show real progress. to not be on the bottom of the starting QB list. 

why worry about year 3 and 4?

if he doesn't improve the rest of the year, they will bring in competition next year.

unless you want to roll with Flacco this year