Jets tried to claim DL Tillery

mrcoops

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Quinnen Williams has like the 56th snap rate in the league.

We're looking for defensive line depth. 

How can these two things both be true at once?

We have like 37 rotating defensive linemen

And it's working! :D 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Quinnen Williams has like the 56th snap rate in the league.

We're looking for defensive line depth. 

How can these two things both be true at once?

We have like 37 rotating defensive linemen

you can never have too much D line depth when your game plan calls for a 10 man rotation on D line. 

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

The Jets - and quarter of the league - tried to claim DL Jerry Tillery, former 1st round pick of the Chargers, who was waived this week.

I suspect this means that Rankins will be out for a while (probably headed to IR) and the Jets are concerned about interior DL depth.

Might see JD revisiting his Linval Joseph interest, or bringing in another veteran depth piece, within the next day or so.

Charges can not stop the run. In fact, they are so bad at it that they sometimes use 5 or 6 D lineman on the field at one time. Hard to believe Tillery has something to offer if he was unable to help the Chargers.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, mrcoops said:
Might see JD revisiting his Linval Joseph interest, or bringing in another veteran depth piece, within the next day or so.

I was wondering about this. When it came out that Rankins dislocated his elbow, I fully expected us to sign Joseph, but I guess they didn't like what they saw. Anyone know if there has been consideration given to elevating Marshall or Smart from the PS, or is it just going to be Shepherd/Thomas/JFM replacing him?

6 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I was wondering about this. When it came out that Rankins dislocated his elbow, I fully expected us to sign Joseph, but I guess they didn't like what they saw. Anyone know if there has been consideration given to elevating Marshall or Smart from the PS, or is it just going to be Shepherd/Thomas/JFM replacing him?

I don't know that they have to elevate Marshall or Smart.  Can't they just activate them for the game?  They do that will a couple of players each week, no? 

I read some piece speculating Joseph might go back to the Chargers who cut Tillery and lost 3 DL for the year in the last couple of weeks.  What about Sheldon? 

45 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Well, that's that. Saleh said today that he feels Rankins can come back sooner than 4 weeks, so it looks like he won't go onto IR.

So, the Jets probably elevate Marshall or Smart from the PS the next few weeks (probably Smart, I think), until Rankins is healthy again.