This Is What Zach Needs For Motivation! Aspire To Be Jimmy G

32EBoozer

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think Zach is that far from JG right now when he plays sane football. 

Sure.  10% worse completion percentage, 40 less ypg, 1 more pick and one third the TDs?  They are basically the same guy.  I mean sure, there was that one quarter where Zach played as well as Garoppolo has been playing all year.

• Haha 3

i am hopeful zach can get better (over the course of years) but it's kinda sh*tty that the ceiling for the 2 overall pick in year 2 is Jimmy G 

a player the Jets could have had at rd 2 prices if they didn't take *checks notes* Jace Amaro instead

the Jets are great as long as they don't rely on their QB to pass the football 

there's no way that's sustainable, you all know that right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sure.  10% worse completion percentage, 40 less ypg, 1 more pick and one third the TDs?  They are basically the same guy.  I mean sure, there was that one quarter where Zach played as well as Garoppolo has been playing all year.

JG is in his 6th year at San Fran after being Brady's understudy for 3 years.

Zach has just finished his first year.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i am hopeful zach can get better (over the course of years) but it's kinda sh*tty that the ceiling for the 2 overall pick in year 2 is Jimmy G 

a player the Jets could have had at rd 2 prices if they didn't take *checks notes* Jace Amaro instead

the Jets are great as long as they don't rely on their QB to pass the football 

there's no way that's sustainable, you all know that right?

I hope Zach's upside is higher than Jimmy G for sure.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

JG is in his 6th year at San Fran after being Brady's understudy for 3 years.

Zach has just finished his first year.

Jimmy G with the Pats had was at 67% 5 TDs and 0 INT and averaged 245 yards in his 2 starts.  Basically the same numbers as today. 

Besides, my comment was in response to a post saying that Zach is not that far from Zach when he plays sane football.  My point was that then I guess he doesn't play sane football very often.  

Zach is young.   We already had a thread on that.  He can get better.  You do not get to use that to say that he IS better or is certain to get better.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

So we can continue to underachieve and waste all our young players prime years. while being stuck in purgatory. Not good enough to win and not bad enough  to get a Good QB prospect. Makes sense. 

Jimmy G took his team to a super bowl and Derek Carr has thrown for 206 TD's to 90 INT's while completing 65% of his passes, while playing for an abomination of an organization. My guess is when Carr leaves the Raiders he is the next Stafford (Who I'm sure would fit this category you described before winning last year).

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

So we can continue to underachieve and waste all our young players prime years. while being stuck in purgatory. Not good enough to win and not bad enough  to get a Good QB prospect. Makes sense. 

Not bad enough to get a Good QB prospect is the biggest fallacy ever.  I have heard that sh*t for years around here.  The Chiefs were 12-4 the year before they drafted Mahomes.  The Bills 9-7 when they drafted Allen, same as the Ravens before they drafted Lamar Jackson.  Who are the best QBs in the NFL?  Rodgers was a late 1st.  Brady a 6th Russell fell off a cliff, but he was a 3rd.  Prescott a 4th. 

There are plenty of teams making the playoffs with FAs, QBs they traded for and guys taken out of the top 5.  Besides, you can always trade up.  We were bad enough to get a Good QB prospect in 2018 and 2021.  How did that turn out?  Meanwhile the Seahawks are making the playoffs with Geno ******* Smith.   

For every Joe Burrow there are 20 Baker Mayfields

• Upvote 2

Not bad enough to get a Good QB prospect is the biggest fallacy ever.  I have heard that sh*t for years around here.  The Chiefs were 12-4 the year before they drafted Mahomes.  The Bills 9-7 when they drafted Allen, same as the Ravens before they drafted Lamar Jackson.  Who are the best QBs in the NFL?  Rodgers was a late 1st.  Brady a 6th Russell fell off a cliff, but he was a 3rd.  Prescott a 4th. 

There are plenty of teams making the playoffs with FAs, QBs they traded for and guys taken out of the top 5.  Besides, you can always trade up.  We were bad enough to get a Good QB prospect in 2018 and 2021.  How did that turn out?  Meanwhile the Seahawks are making the playoffs with Geno ******* Smith.   

For every Joe Burrow there are 20 Baker Mayfields

This sounds great . Now do jets qb history 1st, 2nd , 3rd or whatever round. I dont care what those other teams do.  Cause our history doesn't show we can do that. Maybe you should look at the Colts , broncos, Washington , as current teams who are in this current state in of form .

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I just love it when people put words in my mouth like Zach right now is as good as JG. IMO, 40 yard more a game is attainable this season, so is an uptick in TD's which is actually starting to happen. Jesus, did I just defend Zach? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

Jimmy G took his team to a super bowl and Derek Carr has thrown for 206 TD's to 90 INT's while completing 65% of his passes, while playing for an abomination of an organization. My guess is when Carr leaves the Raiders he is the next Stafford (Who I'm sure would fit this category you described before winning last year).

In 2022 jimmy g is not that guy. Carr is cousins to me . No matter what he do he wil eventually choke. 

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

This sounds great . Now do jets qb history 1st, 2nd , 3rd or whatever round. I dont care what those other teams do.  Cause our history doesn't show we can do that. Maybe you should look at the Colts , broncos, Washington , as current teams who in this current state in so form of way. 

Can do what?  What does our history show we can do?  We certainly have not shown an ability to find gem QBs at the top of the draft.  Joe Douglas has picked 2 QBs.  One in the 4th and one at #2 overall.  Neither seems like a great choice.  You keep taking swings, but the idea that you can suck your way to a stud has not proven true.  Lawrence is 6-21 and on his 2nd coach.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think Zach is that far from JG right now when he plays sane football. 

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I just love it when people put words in my mouth like Zach right now is as good as JG. IMO, 40 yard more a game is attainable this season, so is an uptick in TD's which is actually starting to happen. Jesus, did I just defend Zach? 

Exactly what words did I put in your mouth?  You said that when he plays sane football he is not that far off Garoppolo.  Obviously, he does not play sane football very often because comparatively his numbers blow. 

17 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

This sounds great . Now do jets qb history 1st, 2nd , 3rd or whatever round. I dont care what those other teams do.  Cause our history doesn't show we can do that. Maybe you should look at the Colts , broncos, Washington , as current teams who are in this current state in of form .

The only Jets regime that matters regarding QB history is the current one. The book on Wilson is barely started, much less closed. Give him at least to the end of this season before evaluating his potential. Something tells me, as much as I criticized him heavily for his chicken-head scrambles and back-pedalling, that he can actually learn and mature. He has enormous arm talent. If his head catches up, he's got the potential to be a franchise QB. 

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

The only Jets regime that matters regarding QB history is the current one. The book on Wilson is barely started, much less closed. Give him at least to the end of this season before evaluating his potential. Something tells me, as much as I criticized him heavily for his chicken-head scrambles and back-pedalling, that he can actually learn and mature. He has enormous arm talent. If his head catches up, he's got the potential to be a franchise QB. 

Im not even close to giving up Zach. I will absolutely give him year 3 no problem. But its people wanting to replace him mediocrity . As if there isn’t enough teams around league struggling from hitching there wagons to these kinda Qbs. 

• Upvote 1

Best records in the NFL by QB:

8 wins:   Kirk Cousins, Jalen Hurts

7 wins:  Daniel Jones, Tua Tagovailoa, Patrick Mahomes

6 wins:  Zach Wilson, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Ryan Tannehill, Geno Smith, Dak Prescott/Cooper Rush

How many of these teams hitched their wagon to mediocrity?  I count six minimum. 

Kirk will choke like he does every year. Don't worry he been wasting good vikings rosters for years. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Exactly what words did I put in your mouth?  You said that when he plays sane football he is not that far off Garoppolo.  Obviously, he does not play sane football very often because comparatively his numbers blow. 

You quoted a bunch of numbers sthat actually were not far off of what Zach is doing and then said sure, 1 qrt he played that well like I was saying he played that well all season. Those words

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You quoted a bunch of numbers sthat actually were not far off of what Zach is doing and then said sure, 1 qrt he played that well like I was saying he played that well all season. Those words

If you think those numbers are not far off you have some serious comprehension issues.  In fact, saying those grossly dissimilar numbers were anything alike is exactly what I was accusing.  Guess I was right. 

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If you think those numbers are not far off you have some serious comprehension issues.  In fact, saying those grossly dissimilar numbers were anything alike is exactly what I was accusing.  Guess I was right. 

Grossly dissimilar? 40 passing yards a game? 1 pick? As far as TD's, he has thrown 1 or 2 a game, pretty much like Zach now that the team doesn't  have Breece. You would think the comparison  was to Mahomes. JG is a game manager.