Jump to content

Pass or Rush Against The Pats


More Cowbell
 Share

Recommended Posts

They expect us to rush which is why the Jets may come out looking to pass.  But Belichick knows this so we trick the Patriots into thinking we will pass because they expect us to rush, and then outsmart Belichick ....by rushing anyway.

 

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

 

Zach Wilson also has a very, very high completion percentage on handoffs.  So we've got that going for us... which is nice.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

They expect us to rush which is why the Jets may come out looking to pass.  But Belichick knows this so we trick the Patriots into thinking we will pass because they expect us to rush, and then outsmart Belichick ....by rushing anyway.

 

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

 

Zach Wilson also has a very, very high completion percentage on handoffs.  So we've got that going for us... which is nice.

First play of the game will be a draw, which really is a play action run.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

Hate me if you like, but I think if we have to rely on the passing game to win, we're going to get curbstomped.

Zach so far is best when he's playing not to lose it for his Defense and rushing game.

Guess you missed the 4th quarter play in Pitt ? Zach's best play comes when he has time to throw and not running for his life like a chicken without a head. The OLine has to step up.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the bellichicken will take away whatever the jets do best.  right now it looks like the jets run better than pass so the jets will need lots of play action in their passing game.  they will also need to have more quick passes.  and i think they will need to have a te chip off judah before going out for a pass.  what the jets can't do is let wilson run around too much much while trying to make that deeper throw.  just move the chains.  and they will need to run if only to keep beating on the patsies dline players. no turnovers and don't let the patsie offense play on a short field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the bellichicken will take away whatever the jets do best.  right now it looks like the jets run better than pass so the jets will need lots of play action in their passing game.  they will also need to have more quick passes.  and i think they will need to have a te chip off judah before going out for a pass.  what the jets can't do is let wilson run around too much much while trying to make that deeper throw.  just move the chains.  and they will need to run if only to keep beating on the patsies dline players. no turnovers and don't let the patsie offense play on a short field.

Yes.  I also wonder if the jets will start using moore and berrios in the run / short passing game to mix it all up.  One thing i believe is that the jets coaches do not want wilson standing back there improvising.  This will be a very tight offensive game plan to minimize mistakes.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The final drive of the BUF game should be fresh in everyone's mind:

- Score tied at 17 with 8 minutes left
- The Jets are backed up at their own 5 yard line

If BUF gets a three and out the Jets probably lose the game.  What
did they do?  Run the ball EIGHT straight times, chew up 6+ minutes
of clock and kick the game winning FG.  BUF defense is superior to
NE, the OLine "snatched their soul" when it counted.  No need to 
change strategy now, ride the OLine and RBs.  If NE sells out to
stop it that should open up easy "pitch & catch" passing lanes via
play action and RPO

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

No need to change strategy now, ride the OLine and RBs.  If NE sells out to
stop it that should open up easy "pitch & catch" passing lanes via
play action and RPO

A good time to reintroduce this guy into the game plan!

Lets Go Football GIF by New York Jets
 

8 targets - 6 catches - 67 yards & TD

Zach = 17/25 162 yds 1 TD & 1 INT

RB Committee: 35/148 yds 2 TD 

Jets win 27- 20

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

O line must impose their will on NE just like they did against Buffalo. Run the dam ball as It will minimize the possibility of Judon ruining the game plan given his pass rushing abilities. And an even bigger issue is stop them on freaking third down. Last time Jets played NE there were far to many third and longs which they converted keeping drives alive 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Guess you missed the 4th quarter play in Pitt ?

No, I saw it.  I'm far less in awe of it than many of you, the mythmaking already in place of "...But Pittsburgh!" is a bit much IMO.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Zach's best play comes when he has time to throw and not running for his life like a chicken without a head. The OLine has to step up.

I get it, it's always everyone else's fault Zach underperforms as a passer.  Not a new tune in Jets fan land, been hearing it for years about several QB's.  None of whom had as good a roster around them as this one.  Guess it's easier than admitting Zach holds the ball way too long and has generally poor (so far) field vision, resulting in his backfield tango we have seen so much of this year (although, in his defense, much less of it vs. Buffalo).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2022 at 8:48 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Cop out answer is to say balance is the key.  But we should be able to move the ball on the ground in this one.  NE doesn't allow many rushing TDs (4 on the season) but between the 20s you can run it.  They're allowing 4.7 YPC (t-22nd).

During the great Giants teams of Parcells, the opposing teams knew that the run was coming. They knew who was going to run it, and they still couldn't stop it. That is my hope. I would love for the Pats to know who will run it and when, and still we run it with ease. Wouldn't that just frustrate the living daylights out of the Pats?

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two things in our favor. The first game, we had just lost Breece Hall, the focal point of our offense, and had just brought James Robinsons in a few days prior to the game. Robinsons had like 2 or 3 carries. He had no clue of our playbook, beyond a few scripted plays. Now, Robinsons has been with the team 3 weeks and contributed nicely in the Bills game, along with MC2. Plus the bye week for Robinson to get even more acclimated. Our run game this game should be night and day better than game 1. 

Second, the Bills game. Zack/LeFleur hit on something, the short quick pass game to the TEs and Garrett Wilson. Worked like magic. Expect this newfound formula to be alive and well in our rematch in NE. Also expect Moore in the slot and Mims on the edge to be more involved.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they should be able to run. Imagine Belichick wants to take it away. But I do think Garrett Wilson is playing well enough I wonder if he may focus on taking him away. I think spam whatever the Pats give you between those two and have a plan to get the TE’s and WR’s who requested trades involved if they take both away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...