Willets Point (Queens) Fútbol Stadium

Morrissey

28 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

omg another thread about architecture. I don't care if they play in the beluga whale tank at the ny aquarium as long as they win

Yup.

After we beat New England (God willing - please) I am going to be so pissed off going to the Bears game at 7-3 because it is not in our own stadium on the west side of manhattan .

Funny stuff 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I'm glad this is being put up.  One of my great fears is the Johnsons moving the team to America's hemorrhoid, Long Island.  I'll take the drab, sh*tty corridors of MetLife stadium over having to commute to Long Island. 

yeah sooooo much better that it sits in that swamp cesspool of a state NJ where the dudes still wear their timbers and mullets and the dudettes be hangin in jersey shore hoping to get glimpse of Pauly D

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah,  playing in a horrible stadium with 70% of the seats in the upper atmosphere (so that the players look like ants) or in the end zones,  on a swamp off the scenic NJ Turnpike,  next to Xanadu (or whatever they call that horrendous eye sore now) with the worst parking lot design in history (so that it takes 45 minutes to get out of the lot no matter where you park) is so much better.  MetLife Stadium is the worst new facility in sports in 30+ years.  

As I have said for years, MetLife Stadium is garbage.  But I'm going to stop yelling it so loud, because the location is excellent and I don't want the team to move to bunghole LI.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

A soccer team that no one cares about can get it built but Woody can't

as was mentioned earlier - the yankees own part of it.  it's also backed by Manchester City, whose owners are saudi billionaires.  this was a drop in the bucket for nycfc.  maybe the jets can share it with them...

nycfc also won the mls cup last year - i believe were eliminated in the semifinals this year.  they're a good team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hotrodcharlie said:

A soccer team that no one cares about can get it built but Woody can't

there attendance is in line with NYC's NHL and NBA teams. They will do well in a 25k seated soccer specific stadium in Queens. The immediate surrounding areas of Flushing, Jackson Heights, Corona, Astoria are soccer hot beds.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah,  playing in a horrible stadium with 70% of the seats in the upper atmosphere (so that the players look like ants) or in the end zones,  on a swamp off the scenic NJ Turnpike,  next to Xanadu (or whatever they call that horrendous eye sore now) with the worst parking lot design in history (so that it takes 45 minutes to get out of the lot no matter where you park) is so much better.  MetLife Stadium is the worst new facility in sports in 30+ years.  

Yea because queens is more scenic and accessible to mass traffic. You think they build anything less then 80k seats you are high