Willets Point (Queens) Fútbol Stadium

Morrissey

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah,  playing in a horrible stadium with 70% of the seats in the upper atmosphere (so that the players look like ants) or in the end zones,  on a swamp off the scenic NJ Turnpike,  next to Xanadu (or whatever they call that horrendous eye sore now) with the worst parking lot design in history (so that it takes 45 minutes to get out of the lot no matter where you park) is so much better.  MetLife Stadium is the worst new facility in sports in 30+ years.  

But how about those hot dogs!

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah,  playing in a horrible stadium with 70% of the seats in the upper atmosphere (so that the players look like ants) or in the end zones,  on a swamp off the scenic NJ Turnpike,  next to Xanadu (or whatever they call that horrendous eye sore now) with the worst parking lot design in history (so that it takes 45 minutes to get out of the lot no matter where you park) is so much better.  MetLife Stadium is the worst new facility in sports in 30+ years.  

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

As I have said for years, MetLife Stadium is garbage.  But I'm going to stop yelling it so loud, because the location is excellent and I don't want the team to move to bunghole LI.

SAR I loves MetLife Stadium!

• 2 weeks later...

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/11/30/new-york-sen-joe-addabbo-wants-jets-back-queens/

“If you’re building a stadium—and I know it’s only 25,000 seats—but if you’ve got that kind of incentive to build a stadium, if the opportunity is there with the land and the expiring leases, why miss this opportunity?” Addabbo said. “They’d have their own stadium, a newer, more technologically-advanced stadium, with all-new amenities and everything. To go into a brand-new stadium as the New York Jets and the marketing behind it, that just blows it out of the water. And the original residual effect, at least to me, in terms of online sports betting … Imagine if New Yorkers actually got to bet on an actual New York football club called the New York Jets. I think it’s that much more of an enticing business that we would have for online sports betting.”

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/11/30/new-york-sen-joe-addabbo-wants-jets-back-queens/

“If you’re building a stadium—and I know it’s only 25,000 seats—but if you’ve got that kind of incentive to build a stadium, if the opportunity is there with the land and the expiring leases, why miss this opportunity?” Addabbo said. “They’d have their own stadium, a newer, more technologically-advanced stadium, with all-new amenities and everything. To go into a brand-new stadium as the New York Jets and the marketing behind it, that just blows it out of the water. And the original residual effect, at least to me, in terms of online sports betting … Imagine if New Yorkers actually got to bet on an actual New York football club called the New York Jets. I think it’s that much more of an enticing business that we would have for online sports betting.”

For the life of me I simply can’t figure out what the hell this means

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

it means yeah its a pipe dream and my name is Sen blah blah don't forget to gamble you kids milk money away...go jets

Is he really saying that more money will be bet on the jets because they are physically located in ny?

I think I understand the current laws and if you are a ny resident you can bet the jets now even though the game is played in nj

what the f is he talking about?

15 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Is he really saying that more money will be bet on the jets because they are physically located in ny?

I think I understand the current laws and if you are a ny resident you can bet the jets now even though the game is played in nj

what the f is he talking about?

no he is saying my name is blah blah go bet (he could care less where the jets play) but get out there and vote cause I want the Jets here

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2022 at 10:33 AM, nj meadowlands said:

I'm glad this is being put up.  One of my great fears is the Johnsons moving the team to America's hemorrhoid, Long Island.  I'll take the drab, sh*tty corridors of MetLife stadium over having to commute to Long Island. 

Long Island is 100% better than the sh-thole known as New Jersey .

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Long Island is 100% better than the sh-thole known as New Jersey .

Where I grew up and lived in order from birth:
Stuyvesant Town, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Forest Hills, Hicksville, Port Jefferson Station, Flushing, Little Neck, Bayside.

Then I moved to NJ. 

You've got it backwards. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 2

On 12/1/2022 at 6:18 PM, Dcat said:

Where I grew up and lived in order from birth:
Stuyvesant Town, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Forest Hills, Hicksville, Port Jefferson Station, Flushing, Little Neck, Bayside.

Then I moved to NJ. 

You've got it backwards. 

Both places suck.  Crowded, overpriced, crappy weather, zero scenery. Terrible traffic 

it’s like arguing who is better Zach Wilson or Tim Couch