Poll: Are The Jets Super Bowl Contenders This Year?

TuscanyTile2

Poll: Are The Jets Super Bowl Contenders This Year?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Are The Jets Super Bowl Contenders This Year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2022 at 05:59 PM

They could possibly make some noise come playoff time, but I don't see them as a legitimate Super Bowl threat just yet. That could, of course, change if the light bulb suddenly goes on for Zach Wilson in the 2nd half of the year.

First things first, though. Beat NE on Sunday.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I mean you can make the Eli manning argument that with defense and a running game you need the QB to make 5 big throws a game and not turn it over 

but

The running game is kinda just good now. With Hall I think we’re dreaming but now it’s kinda like “ next year “

• Upvote 2

If you stand a chance every single week then I don't see why we can't be a contender this year.  I'm not saying it's likely to happen but I think we have a potentially great defense and an offense that still has the potential to improve (a lot depending on ZW improving).

• Upvote 1

Yes, I don't see a team in the AFC that the Jets don't match up well against. They beat the Bills, they put a 40 burger against the Fins. This defense keeps getting stronger and stronger. If Zach grows as a QB and MiLF calls a well balanced attack, I don't see why that they can't make some noise in the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

No 

Sadly, this.

I'm as happy as anyone we've shown so much improvement.

But i think we're gonna have alot of "come back down to earth" the rest of this season.

Maybe that's SOJ thinking, and they'll prove me wrong.

But if they prove me right, I'm still not sure this is a SOJ team.  They're just not ready, especially at the most vital position, IMO.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Larz said:

I mean you can make the Eli manning argument that with defense and a running game you need the QB to make 5 big throws a game and not turn it over 

but

The running game is kinda just good now. With Hall I think we’re dreaming but now it’s kinda like “ next year “

with what Hall was doing, definitely see the possibility of winning any game.

but having 2 good corners I think really helps against 3 of the top AFC teams - Dolphins, Bills, Chiefs

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sadly, this.

But i think we're gonna have alot of "come back down to earth" the rest of this season.

But if they prove me right, I'm still not sure this is a SOJ team.  They're just not ready, especially at the most vital position, IMO.

1-9

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Yes, I don't see a team in the AFC that the Jets don't match up well against. They beat the Bills, they put a 40 burger against the Fins. This defense keeps getting stronger and stronger. If Zach grows as a QB and MiLF calls a well balanced attack, I don't see why that they can't make some noise in the playoffs.

i love the nickname for the OC.  works great for Zach!

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

1-9

You mean 9-8. As in my prediction for this year, right.  

It's ok, I get that some folks just can't tolerate when other folks aren't as optimistic as they are.  We'll find a way through this my friend.

Maybe we can both get what we want, and see me proven wrong in my comments above.

Starts with New England, and killing a few of those ol' Bill Bellichek Ghosts from Zach's first few games against them....

P.S. I'd love to see your preseason record prediction, feel free to link it like I liked both of mine.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You mean 9-8. As in my prediction for this year, right.  

It's ok, I get that some folks just can't tolerate when other folks aren't as optimistic as they are.  We'll find a way through this my friend.

Maybe we can both get what we want, and see me proven wrong in my comments above.

Starts with New England, and killing a few of those ol' Bill Bellichek Ghosts from Zach's first few games against them....

P.S. I'd love to see your preseason record prediction, feel free to link it like I liked both of mine.  

your august post had them starting 1-9 you pointed out the other day.

was I expecting the great start?  no, i had 7 wins (and maybe 8 if we got lucky).  browns, steelers,  bears, jag, lions,  dolphins, NE (these last 2 at home) and then a hope for Seahawks.    and i would have been very happy with 7 wins.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just so premature to be seriously talking about playoffs let alone super bowl.

One game at a time, looking ahead further than the next game vs a team we haven't beaten in an ice age is setting one up for big disappointment.

Success normally in this league is not sudden, it builds

the fans are allowed to look ahead just not the players

broncos win huge high, monday IR news, so sad.  got hopes up to finally beat the pats, totally deflated. so sad expecting a loss to the Bills.

So I am going to assume a loss this week so spare myself the agony of a bad day on sunday.

19 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

your august post had them starting 1-9 you pointed out the other day.

Didn't read the whole post, it seems :) 

Several of those games I said could just as easily/likely be wins.  Final outcome was still a possible 9-8 with a potential for much less.

And keep in mind, this was right after Zach got hurt and we as yet didn't know how long he'd be out.  Joe Flacco could easily have started out 1-9, lol.

19 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

was I expecting the great start?  no, i had 7 wins (and maybe 8 if we got lucky).  browns, steelers,  bears, jag, lions,  dolphins, NE (these last 2 at home) and then a hope for Seahawks.    and i would have been very happy with 7 wins.

We should all be happy.  The team is going to finish better than most of us expected.  Not making the Super Bowl is NOT a failure this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

2009 they were 4-6 and ended up a game from the super bowl. The style of football the Jets play (strong defense and running game) allows them to pull upsets in January. This is why I vote yes 

It seems that many years during this era of football, either a low wild card team or a surprise team makes the Super Bowl.  Who would have bet on the Bengals at this point last year?

I voted “Yes” - not because I think it’s highly likely, but because I think it’s possible and why not us this time around. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Sadly, this.

We are way better and have a much brighter future than we’ve had for a decade plus, but we are a year and likely a QB away from contending. Need Breece and AVT back. 

• Post of the Week 1