Derek Carr

32 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

“He used to be junior sopranos driver”

I can't tell you how much I appreciate that you got that reference!  I don't know why but I love that line (the one where he refers to Bobby as a mortadella).

And the reply was like "And you used to sell laser printers from the back of your Crown Vic".  

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2022 at 7:09 PM, Drums said:

He's not worth that kind of money

With Derek Carr we'd have a shot at a Super Bowl, especially after offseason improvements. It's amazing to think how few holes we have on this team. Most of the talent is on short or rookie contracts. JD can get this done if the other side is willing.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

With Derek Carr we'd have a shot at a Super Bowl, especially after offseason improvements. It's amazing to think how few holes we have on this team. Most of the talent is on short or rookie contracts. JD can get this done if the other side is willing.

I've been saying that Derek Carr is going to be the next MaTT Stafford.  Leave a joke of an organization that can't even afford to fire a coach that is terrible, and win.

He lead them to the playoffs after his wr killed someone and his coach was fired mid year. He has 200 plus tds and under 100 picks for his career with a 65% completion percentage.  

And with how his emotions played out at the podium last week is exactly how zach should've looked yesterday, however, that didn't happen.

Carr is my 1 and Jimmy G is my 2 at this point. 

• Upvote 1

Too painful to think about how well situated this team would be had they only made the obvious choice and drafted Justin Fields.

But these GMs are mostly former scouts desperate to prove they are smarter than everybody else.

Fields and GW already had chemistry.  Ruckert too if ever ever gets on the field.

On 11/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, Maxman said:

Everyone I know that watches Carr play every week hates him. I know his #s are good, but is it the Kirk Cousins thing where the #s don't add up?

Carr does what he should when it is not so important and fails to do what he must when it is absolutely needed. 

Carr is a possibility but for the money it would take $25+ million, I would rather go with Minshew for 2 years and $20 million and let him have a real competition with Zach and some other rookie.  Minshew is accurate and mobile enough to play in this offense and with the playmakers we have, will just need to distribute the ball just like Jimmy G does in SF.

Much better use of money to sign Minshew who will be looking for a starting opportunity which he wont get in Phila

26 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Too painful to think about how well situated this team would be had they only made the obvious choice and drafted Justin Fields.

But these GMs are mostly former scouts desperate to prove they are smarter than everybody else.

Fields and GW already had chemistry.  Ruckert too if ever ever gets on the field.

Fields? His style of play isn’t sustainable, he already got injured. Not to mention he can’t even throw the ball

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you've given up on Zach...

You make every effort possible to get Carr in here.  All in.  

Yes, you can win a championship with Carr (with this D and these weapons)

I still think Carr is not good enough for what we'd have to give up to get him.  TB12 would be perfect.  Or talk to Aaron Rodgers and see where he's at both mentally and physically.  

• Upvote 2