JetNation NFL Power Rankings; Week 11

JetNation

Patrick Mahomes

Week 11

1. Kansas City Chiefs 7-2 (Last Week: 2) The Chiefs have won three straight and five of their last six. They will probably be in this spot or close to it all year.
    2. Philadelphia Eagles 8-1 (Last Week: 1) Nobody was going undefeated. The run defense looked bad and that should get some attention this week, but the Eagles are built well for a long run in December.
    3. Minnesota Vikings 8-1 (Last Week: 4) The Vikings have arrived with thanks to Justin Jefferson. Seven straight wins is impressive no matter the competition.
    4. Buffalo Bills 6-3 (Last Week: 3) The Bills have some soft spots, but there are few teams built to take advantage of them. This team should right the ship in a big way this week and play their best ball of the season in this next stretch of games.
    5. Baltimore Ravens 6-3 (Last week: 6) The Ravens have just one winning team remaining on their schedule. If they stay healthy and focused, the Ravens may find their way to home field advantage in the AFC.
    6. Miami Dolphins 7-3 (Last Week: 6) The Dolphins have won four straight and have not lost when Tua starts and finishes the game. The big play receivers give the Dolphins at least a puncher’s chance against anybody in the league.
    7. Dallas Cowboys 6-3 (Last Week: 5) This looks very familiar. A good start followed by a mid-season fade and late season flame out is nothing new for Dallas. Coach McCarthy needs to think of something to turn this story around. He and Dak Prescott might both be out of town if this ends the way it has for the last few years.
    8. San Francisco 49ers 5-4 (Last Week: 8) The Niners have had an uneven season, but they are healthy and should start to put things together. If not, they will be home again for the post season.
    9. Tennessee Titans 6-3 (Last Week: 10) The Titans always seem to fly under the radar. Then they come to town in the winter weather with a huge running game and surprise people.
    10. New York Giants 7-2 (Last Week: Unranked) The Giants get knocked for not beating anyone of note. You can’t beat who you don’t play. The schedule gets tougher from here for Big Blue. We’ll see what this team is really about soon.

—> #11 New York Jets – a win over the Patriots would put the Jets in the driver’s seat.

The post JetNation NFL Power Rankings; Week 11 appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

i kinda don't see why the bills are at 3.  maybe it speaks to how bad teams are these days.  the bills have lost two games on crucial mistakes in the last two minutes of play and have shown they don't adjust very well at halftime.  and allen isn't quite as good of a qb as people are led to believe.  better than the others from his draft class?  yes.  but he's also prone to losing the football or throwing an int.  we'll see if the bills can regain their winning form. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i kinda don't see why the bills are at 3.  maybe it speaks to how bad teams are these days.  the bills have lost two games on crucial mistakes in the last two minutes of play and have shown they don't adjust very well at halftime.  and allen isn't quite as good of a qb as people are led to believe.  better than the others from his draft class?  yes.  but he's also prone to losing the football or throwing an int.  we'll see if the bills can regain their winning form. 

The “mistake” against Minny is a rare one in the NFL. Last I remember it happening on a kneel down was Kurt Warner in like 2006 or something. It’s not going to happen again in the NFL for a while (law of averages). They’re still a top 3 team in the league. It’s the Eagles that I think are overrated. Commanders just whooped them. Minny will also start losing a few games and while we are at it, Jets will not sustain the 2:1 win ratio. 

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I do smirk at the simultaneous narrative that MIN is now among the elite after beating BUF yet the Jets still have a lot to prove.

Yes. I find it interesting that a win by the Jets (where they were always competitive and dominated them in the 4th quarter for a win) is somehow less impressive than a game where the Vikings were down 17 until Josh Allen decided to literally just hand the game and even then it required one of the great catches of all time and Allen fumbling in the end zone when the game was essentially over. It makes no sense.

I think the media and many fans just can't get past their preconceived notion of the Jets despite overwhelming evidence that the 6-3 record is NOT a fluke.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I do smirk at the simultaneous narrative that MIN is now among the elite after beating BUF yet the Jets still have a lot to prove.

8-1 > 6-3 (with 3 of those 6 wins over backup or #3 QB's)

The fact Cousins (having a down year so far production wise) has been a perennial top 10 producer, while Zach is mired in the 32/33 rank range may also be a factor.  

But make no mistake, many folks think MIN is a paper tiger, a crappy team more lucky this year than good.  I've talked to several folks that say, in a nutshell "how the hell do they keep winning, they're really meh".

10 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

The “mistake” against Minny is a rare one in the NFL. Last I remember it happening on a kneel down was Kurt Warner in like 2006 or something. It’s not going to happen again in the NFL for a while (law of averages). They’re still a top 3 team in the league. It’s the Eagles that I think are overrated. Commanders just whooped them. Minny will also start losing a few games and while we are at it, Jets will not sustain the 2:1 win ratio. 

my point is that allen comes down to earth when he can't break out of the pocket.  he didn't just make the mistake in the end zone.  he was also picked a couple of times and one sealed the win in ot.  i don't see the viking being a top 5 team either.  they were darn lucky to beat the bills.  but it shows that teams shouldn't give up as long as there's time left.

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

SO much anti Jets bias its ridiculous. We are MUCH better football teams then the Giants and Titans

I agree but at the same time I would like to point out that this was written by a Jets fan.

Now I think 11 is way too low. I think there is a scenario where the Jets could win this week and the Chiefs lose -- wouldn't that put the Jets in the # 1 seed?

6 hours ago, rangerous said:

my point is that allen comes down to earth when he can't break out of the pocket.  he didn't just make the mistake in the end zone.  he was also picked a couple of times and one sealed the win in ot.  i don't see the viking being a top 5 team either.  they were darn lucky to beat the bills.  but it shows that teams shouldn't give up as long as there's time left.

I am just glad that Daboll left and Allen is starting to look normal. Hopefully that is true cause and effect right there.

• Upvote 1