CBS QB Rankings: Zach stinks

Bronx

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

What knots are you referring to

The hoops you're having to jump through to hold on to the Zach sucks psychosis.

That whole little rant about what days he throws int's and what plays were used to gain yards on the good days so they shouldn't count. (like other QB's don't have big plays). Honestly, it's silly.  Just Stop!

Dude, the kids been mostly good this year.  He's helped this team win.  It's okay to see that.  I promise, you won't get struck by lighting :-)  People won't attack you for accepting he's grown, showing far more poise, evolving as a player and winning.  It should be good to see.

It's okay to admit he's had a solid season and is doing what the coaches are asking him to do and doing it well.  Surely he's made mistakes, but he's mostly been a good soldier and delivered when asked.

Is he ready to consistently carry a team on his own right now? No, I don't believe he's close to that level yet.  I have real concerns if he can get there.

Do some of the same flaws that rear their ugly often more often than I would like to see? sure.

And there are plenty of more concerns I have with Zach Wilson?  You better damn believe it - some of my biggest are rarely even discussed around here.

I would love to discuss my thoughts on the how the coaching staff is using him or more specifically how they WANT to win and what that means for Zach and the entire roster....

How does Zach actually get to that next level, what does he need to do? Great fun conversations we should be having...

But it's impossible to have a rational discussion about him around here - when it's just attack, attack, attack - he sucks now, he's always sucked, he'll suck tomorrow and he'll suck forever.  

So it's turned into this.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

In one of those 2 games he lead a 4th quarter comeback for a win.  Again you're using an incredibly small sample size to make a blanket statement as if it was a fact. 

my OP was that Belichick owns him. yes its 2 full games but its still a fact. we will see what happens tomorrow. but regardless of small sample size in 8 games every fan and JD and Saleh will have to take that and make a decision if they want Zach back next year to start or bring in real competition. 

im using the stats of other 1st rd QBs in their 2nd year to compare to Zach. so its all small sample sizes yet history shows if you have 2 bad years to start you never become a FQB. but he has 8 games to change that.

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But wasn't it you that just told me the Punter was just as important to the win/loss record?

You guys want it both ways.  Either the QB is the most important in all of sports - and there has a massive impact on wins and losses or he doesn't.

Can't figure y'all out yet.  Or the knots around you are starting to tighten.  Not sure which yet.

Lol that wasn’t even me dude.

Your psychosis is showing.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you look back, the only times I've said that Zach sucks is during the Pats game because I was frustrated, and last season. I'm pointing out issues that he has that I hope he fixes this season and possibly why these issues are there. I don't know where you got "Zach sucks" from my posts. I have said that he isn't playing as well as I'd hoped, but I do not think he sucks.

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That whole little rant about what days he throws int's and what plays were used to gain yards on the good days so they shouldn't count. (like other QB's don't have big plays). Honestly, it's silly.  Just Stop!

I'm not ranting, I'm pointing out facts. 

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Dude, the kids been mostly good this year.  He's helped this team win.  It's okay to see that.  I promise, you won't get struck by lighting :-)  People won't attack you for accepting he's grown, showing far more poise, evolving as a player and winning.  It should be good to see.

He has had a couple good games, and in those good games he helped the team win. See Pittsburgh, Buffalo games. In the other games other than the NE game he didn't lose the game for them, but I wouldn't necessarily he's done more than make small contributions to the game. Much less than I wanted to see. If you look at other posts I have made I have talked about how he played in the Buffalo game with poise and confidence. He looked like a different QB, which before that I have only really seen that in Pittsburgh 4th quarter. I hope to see that more but I want more consistency.

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is he ready to consistently carry a team on his own right now? No, I don't believe he's close to that level yet.  I have real concerns if he can get there.

I agree, and JD has done a stellar job at making sure that isn't a major issue. There will be games he will have to carry though, and I sometimes worry he will struggle in those games. 

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I would love to discuss my thoughts on the how the coaching staff is using him or more specifically how they WANT to win and what that means for Zach and the entire roster....

How does Zach actually get to that next level, what does he need to do? Great fun conversations we should be having..

I agree with this. I think it's also important to point out what's going wrong in order to address how he can fix that. 

I am frustrated that he hasn't played to the level I thought he might, but I'm not clinging to some "Zach sucks" take. I am just voicing my concerns. I feel like he struggles when the team needs to rely on him and I showed this with statistics. I'm not a coach or QB so I am not an expert on knowing how he could go about fixing this, so I pointed it out in hopes that somebody might have an idea. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

If you look back, the only times I've said that Zach sucks is during the Pats game because I was frustrated, and last season. I'm pointing out issues that he has that I hope he fixes this season and possibly why these issues are there. I don't know where you got "Zach sucks" from my posts. I have said that he isn't playing as well as I'd hoped, but I do not think he sucks.

I'm not ranting, I'm pointing out facts. 

He has had a couple good games, and in those good games he helped the team win. See Pittsburgh, Buffalo games. In the other games other than the NE game he didn't lose the game for them, but I wouldn't necessarily he's done more than make small contributions to the game. Much less than I wanted to see. If you look at other posts I have made I have talked about how he played in the Buffalo game with poise and confidence. He looked like a different QB, which before that I have only really seen that in Pittsburgh 4th quarter. I hope to see that more but I want more consistency.

I agree, and JD has done a stellar job at making sure that isn't a major issue. There will be games he will have to carry though, and I sometimes worry he will struggle in those games. 

I agree with this. I think it's also important to point out what's going wrong in order to address how he can fix that. 

I am frustrated that he hasn't played to the level I thought he might, but I'm not clinging to some "Zach sucks" take. I am just voicing my concerns. I feel like he struggles when the team needs to rely on him and I showed this with statistics. I'm not a coach or QB so I am not an expert on knowing how he could go about fixing this, so I pointed it out in hopes that somebody might have an idea. 

I’m enjoying the ride but it’s pretty clear Zach is struggling. When he faces any type of pressure it’s a big problem. That has to improve over the rest of the season. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Hex said:

I feel like he struggles when the team needs to rely on him and I showed this with statistics

Only twice was the team and required him to step us this year.

• One was he delivered a world class 4th quarter with over 100 yards, they scored 2 TD's with an over 80% completion.
  • Second was the one he struggled for sure.  I think anyone paying attention should have expected that.  Losing his top OT, RB and most importantly is top target - against the best defensive mind in the history of the league.  I did predict a poor performance against the Pats 3 week ago.

The stats you chose are a pretty good example of cherry picking.  For instance in Pitt, the INT's were thrown before he was really asked to open things up.  While they accurate data points, they are a small sample size and when reviewing the games they don't actually represent your point.

Bottom line - when needed, once he delivered as big time as ANY QB could - and the other he floundered and reverted to the dumb sh*t he was doing last year (all three were different types of INT's and all three stupid and easily avoidable)

• Upvote 2

On 11/17/2022 at 8:47 AM, slats said:

Zach is not putting up fantasy numbers. The game where he threw for 355 yards and two TDs was probably his worst performance of the season. I’m content with him managing the games while they continue to develop him. This was supposed to be a year all about Zach’s development, but the team as a whole is ahead of schedule with a great defense and rushing attack that seems to’ve survived the loss of a rookie sensation. I loved the game plan against Buffalo and expect something similar for most of the rest of the year. That will leave the usual suspects crying about the lack of huge numbers from Zach, but I’d rather this young team and QB dip their toes (at least) into the post season. That’ll be some invaluable experience for everyone. 

I’m currently crying

On 11/17/2022 at 12:50 PM, FidelioJet said:

The Psychosis is too strong around here.

It doesn't matter how well he plays.

He won't be able to do enough to be deemed a good QB by Jet fans...

Sad and unfortunate.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:01 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yep, it's the collective "psychosis" bred by negative fans that compelled Zach Wilson to poop his diaper vs Belichick.

So sad and unfortunate.

And his pocket fleeing and schizo footwork aren't Wilson's fault either. 

It's all about the fans not embracing him.  Makes total sense.

Bump

On 11/17/2022 at 11:57 AM, FidelioJet said:

Nah...

What I call it is the Jet fan "Anti-Zach Psychosis"

How do you reconcile:

I hate Zach Wilson and he sucks

with

He's 5-1 as a starter - and the Jets are a good team right now

The only way to do that is to continue to convince yourself that somehow the most important position in all of sports actually really sucks and it's only because the team around is why they're winning.

It's utter non-sense.  And all y'all just can't see through your own hatred of the kid (yes, I'm using the word hatred) 

I believe you and many others are so self-righteous about your position - because you actually believe it.  So this obnoxious, sanctimonious attitude is, I guess, okay.  Because you truly do believe it.  You're literally incapable of seeing the positive.  

You dug in so deep long before the draft - That Zach's a bust.

That it's become clear to me that removing this psychosis might be near impossible.

This post didn't age well.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's okay to admit he's had a solid season and is doing what the coaches are asking him to do and doing it well.  Surely he's made mistakes, but he's mostly been a good soldier and delivered when asked.

Do some of the same flaws that rear their ugly often more often than I would like to see? sure.

And there are plenty of more concerns I have with Zach Wilson?  You better damn believe it - some of my biggest are rarely even discussed around here.

How does Zach actually get to that next level, what does he need to do? Great fun conversations we should be having...

But it's impossible to have a rational discussion about him around here - when it's just attack, attack, attack - he sucks now, he's always sucked, he'll suck tomorrow and he'll suck forever.  

So it's turned into this.

So, the floor is open for you to tell us why we shouldn't be down on Zach after today.

The floor is yours.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

What’s the reality of the situation then?

ZW is just not good. A couple of wins in spite of him doesn’t change the fact that he is the worst starting qb in the league.

Don't agree.  He was not good this week...and is going to have a hard time against BB until his mind starts working faster. It's just not there yet.

But he's been good often.

His head was spinning today - and it probably makes sense to sit him and let him regroup...

• More Ugh 2

45 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Looking for a silver lining.

wasn’t there a twitter post that pedicted the jets lose this game but still end up in the afc championship game

Yes it's all on track for the Jets to go 11-6, win the wild card , win the divisional and then lose in the  afc championship game. 

96104482_WhatsAppImage2022-11-07at9_54.25AM(4).thumb.jpeg.987d961149c732f9c0492e6abf999610.jpeg to lose in the AFC championship game

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Don't agree.  He was not good this week...and is going to have a hard time against BB until his mind starts working faster. It's just not there yet.

But he's been good often.

His head was spinning today - and it probably makes sense to sit him and let him regroup...

I’ll say that ZW has flashed at times. But I can’t say he’s ever played a good game start to finish.

I mean at some point the stats aren’t lying. Last year he threw more interceptions than touchdowns. he’s doing the same this year.  His career total is 13 td-16 ints. I mean he has 4 td passes on the year. 

can you name me any qb that is good that throws more interceptions than tds?

Can u name me 1 good qb that has only thrown for 4 tds on the season? 

serious question. 

zach is putting up similar numbers to Jamarcus russel who is Universally considered one of the biggest busts in nfl history. It’s not an accident. The numbers aren’t lying to you. Your heart is.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I’ll say that ZW has flashed at times. But I can’t say he’s ever played a good game start to finish.

I mean at some point the stats aren’t lying. Last year he threw more interceptions than touchdowns. he’s doing the same this year.  His career total is 13 td-16 ints. I mean he has 4 td passes on the year. 

serious question. 

zach is putting up similar numbers to Jamarcus russel who is Universally considered one of the biggest busts in nfl history. It’s not an accident. The numbers aren’t lying to you. Your heart is.

Only 2 starting qbs besides ZW have more ints than tds. They are mac jones and Kenny picket 

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

serious question. 

Hard to argue with this. Zach could/might/hopefully still prove us doubters wrong but statistics would increasingly argue that that the numbers are leaning towards indicating that Zachery Jet Blue Wilson  is not what we hoped he might be;  that is, in our psychedelic  frog-poison delusional Jet fan moments.