Zach Wilson calls out Tom Shane

kevinc855

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

To me , that was a video VERY FULL of platitudes and say the right thing moments. "They're a great team, they are well coached, it's another challenge etc....    He didn't come off as over confident, he came off , to me, as hiding a bit of nervousness.  Probably normal. That's OK too.  

I see what what you are saying but QBs in the NFL are trained and coached not to say anything inflammatory (see, Tom Brady & Peyton Manning as examples)

And yet many read Zach responses as being “angry” out here because it was the really the first time Zach sought of bit back at reporters suggesting that he was nervous and young, which he essentially dismissed as evidenced by his line that folks on the outside of the team don’t know football and hence IMO a positive step forward. 

• Upvote 1

How does anyone not get behind this kid?  Resilient is an understatement.  He accepts his mistakes, understands he has a lot to learn, and just keeps on plugging away with blinders on.  I love the fck you attitude. 

The reason I personally think he will be very successful in the end is because he wants to be, and he's giving everything he's got to get there.  His commitment, competitiveness and hunger to succeed both personally and organizationally is exceptional.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

How does anyone not get behind this kid?  Resilient is an understatement.  He accepts his mistakes, understands he has a lot to learn, and just keeps on plugging away with blinders on.  I love the fck you attitude. 

The reason I personally think he will be very successful in the end is because he wants to be, and he's giving everything he's got to get there.  His commitment, competitiveness and hunger to succeed both personally and organizationally is exceptional.

I don't think there's anyone not rooting for him to be great (because that means the team will be).  I'm glad he has a good attitude but what matters are results (obviously).  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

The road to the failed QB graveyard is filled with guys who wanted to be successful. I have no doubt he wants it. I knew Sanchez wanted it and Kellen Clemens and Glenn Foley and freakin Browning Nagle did too

Unfortunately the game requires more than that

I think he was overdrafted and in over his head. He can't do anything about that but he can stop saying dumb comments like this

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I liked Zach’s response.  He has some fire in him, which is fine, unlike Sam, who was a mush.  
And then Zach lightened the mood with the joke about the reporter turning down a coaching job. I do think that there is no point , generally, in attacking the media, but I think that Zach handled this pretty well. With balance.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Billy B must be quaking in his boots.

They are going to play 2 high press man.  

Take away the quick game and force Wilson to stay in the pocket, try to read a defense, etc.

I was thinking the exact same thing. 

All coaches in the NFL are not created equal.  Belichick has a system that will defeat a QB/Team that can't counter it.  The Jets have not been able to counter it since 2015.  

Belichick will stop the run, stunt a pass rush and fill the lanes while his excellent secondary covers the WRs man to man.  Zach is going to have to find someone open.  There will not be a safety valve.  What we saw last time was the same short circuiting we saw last year, and with Darnold.   This game will show us what Zach Wilson has learned the past 3 weeks.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hotrodcharlie said:

The road to the failed QB graveyard is filled with guys who wanted to be successful. I have no doubt he wants it. I knew Sanchez wanted it and Kellen Clemens and Glenn Foley and freakin Browning Nagle did too

Unfortunately the game requires more than that

I think he was overdrafted and in over his head. He can't do anything about that but he can stop saying dumb comments like this

None of those guys showed a fraction of the intensity and commitment Zach does.  By the middle to the end of next season, ZW will be mocking all the doubters.  Sadly for you, you're mistakenly one of them.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Good interview, kid seems to be listening to what the coaches tell him. maybe even maturing. We’ll see. 

Three incredibly major things happened after the Jets loss to Miami.

Zach realized he single handedly gave the game to NE and needed to stop playing hero ball

LaFleur realized (finally) that he needs to tailor the offense to Zach.

The Jets staff told him to be more aggressive on tight window throws.

Zach was very good against Buffalo. I expect his development continues this week.

18 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Good interview, kid seems to be listening to what the coaches tell him. maybe even maturing. We’ll see. 

Sorry but this is flat out not possible. I read it here on JetNation as has been declared by the several experts on this very message board. If a QB is not elite from day 1, they suck and will always suck and nothing can be done about it

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Trotter said:

Cimini left a bunch out.

heard this on the radio and Zach went after the reporter a bit.

going to be a hypocrite because I hated when saleh did the whole receipts but have to admit when I heard this my thought was Zach ain’t taking any sh-t and is ready for sunday.

Just have this feeling this kid is going to have a game

Just to be safe, Jets should pay for all MILFS to get in free.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Sorry but this is flat out not possible. I read it here on JetNation as has been declared by the several experts on this very message board. If a QB is not elite from day 1, they suck and will always suck and nothing can be done about it

We must focus on reading different posters. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Three incredibly major things happened after the Jets loss to Miami.

Zach realized he single handedly gave the game to NE and needed to stop playing hero ball

LaFleur realized (finally) that he needs to tailor the offense to Zach.

The Jets staff told him to be more aggressive on tight window throws.

Zach was very good against Buffalo. I expect his development continues this week.

Yeah but we beat Miami, didn’t we? 

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Talks tough before and after game

Flees pocket instantaneously during game

Sh-ts his pants whenever he’s out there against a BB defense

• WTF? 1