Guess who won the most outstanding defensive player in the CFL this season?

Beerfish

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Here is some trivia, McCagnan once was the director of player personnel (1993) for the team Mauldin just played for this year.  Ottawa, though their last name has changed since then.

No wonder the franchise disbanded in 1996.  

History

Following the 1996 season, years of ownership and management issues resulted in the Ottawa Rough Riders franchise folding after a storied 120 years. 

• Upvote 1

He was pretty good the previous year as well.  He will probably get another shot at the NFL after the year he had if he wants it but he is no Cam Wake athletically.  Financially it makes sense most often to go back and have another shot at the NFL.  A lot of players end up enjoying playing in the CFL and more than a few have made Canada their home but the CFL has been hit really hard by the pandemic as it is more of a gate driven league.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I loved that movie.  I though it was so damn cool at the time.

It’s really a philosophical message. At the end (spoiler alert) never mind….those of you who haven’t seen it, see it through to the end. See it with an open mind. It’s filled with countless symbolisms. Ahead of its time, in fact, it’s timeless. 

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

CFL Grey Cup this weekend, they hand out the league awards the Thursday before the game.  Here is your leagues most outstanding defensive player for this year.

Mauldin-.jpeg

Lorenzo Mauldin 17 sacks, 43 tackles, 2 forced fumbles   ?

Good for him!  , IIRC, this kid had devastating hardship throughout his life.  Happy to see him succeed.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I loved that movie.  I thought it was so damn cool at the time.

I think I saw it on my 12 inch b&w Zenith when I was 7 or 8. Creeped me out for days.  Couldn't fall asleep thinking about the spider that was going to get him eventually. Almost getting eaten by your own cat also creeped me out.  

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

CFL Grey Cup this weekend, they hand out the league awards the Thursday before the game.  Here is your leagues most outstanding defensive player for this year.

Mauldin-.jpeg

Lorenzo Mauldin 17 sacks, 43 tackles, 2 forced fumbles   ?

That is great! That is some season. Hope he gets another shot in the NFL.