Foxboro weather: STRONG WINDS

RoadFan

20 minutes ago, slats said:

Zach has enough arm to cut thru the wind but Mac might be looking at another three attempt day. 

As long as he's cutting through the wind with that elite arm to OUR Guys this time, and not the Pats.

Far more likely we see the Jets play uber-safe with Zach, with less than 25 pass attempts on the day, most of which will be under 10 yards in the air.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

35 carries for rhamondre and the occasional 5 yard pass to Jacoby incoming. Kind of sucks because it negates our DB advantage on the outside. 

Yea but our front 4 is still pretty awesome. Do the Patriots have their starting center back yet?

remember that game a few years ago when the patsies basically ran the down the jets throats all day?  and that was with brady at qb.  they did a hurry up run offense and got the jets players tired.  i would expect the same thing.  i don't think the bellichicken is going to try and win the game on jones' arm. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, rangerous said:

remember that game a few years ago when the patsies basically ran the down the jets throats all day?  and that was with brady at qb.  they did a hurry up run offense and got the jets players tired.  i would expect the same thing.  i don't think the bellichicken is going to try and win the game on jones' arm. 

Saleh and the Jets like rotating d-men to negate that. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Zach has enough arm to cut thru the wind but Mac might be looking at another three attempt day. 

Was legit about to come in and say this, lots of wind favors the Jets.  Mac is toast in cold weather and any hint of wind.  Have to stop the run and force him to throw the ball at our corners. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

This should be a “run the ball all day” type of game for the Jets with the sting wind and NE DT Barrimore out as well. 

NorthEast football at its finest. 

I don't know about that.  Zach has the arm strength to still throw the ball down the field in this weather.  Mac Jones, while not being able to throw it far, will still be able to throw short passes (his specialty).  I do think ST will play a big role in this game.  And I do think the Pats will probably go extra run heavy due to Mac's lack of arm strength.   I want to see Zach mix it up a little tomorrow though.  So tired of every game having to "protect" him.  He has all the natural ability you'd want in a QB.  If every week we're just asking him to play super-conservative then aren't we wasting him?  He's gone up against some great defenses for multiple weeks in a row (Denver, GB, Pats, Bills) but that's the NFL.  If we're going to get where we ultimately want to go, Zach is going to have to stand up to quality defenses (and also deal with the elements).  It's time for him to come out of his shell.   Yes, we can lean on the run but we shouldn't treat him with kid gloves.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

As long as he's cutting through the wind with that elite arm to OUR Guys this time, and not the Pats.

Far more likely we see the Jets play uber-safe with Zach, with less than 25 pass attempts on the day, most of which will be under 10 yards in the air.

That’s what I would’ve been looking for without the wind. It’s what we’ve gotten in every other Wilson start but the NE game. If LaFluer needs the wind to get him to not abandon the run, I’m good with it. 

I expect Zach to be able to execute most of those short throws in 20+mph winds with 40+mph gusts, though, not so much Mac. I think winds like that will leave NE pretty one dimensional on offense. Not a great game to not have Rankins available but, next man up. The two teams may not throw 25 passes combined. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, slats said:

That’s what I would’ve been looking for without the wind. It’s what we’ve gotten in every other Wilson start but the NE game. If LaFluer needs the wind to get him to not abandon the run, I’m good with it. 

I expect Zach to be able to execute most of those short throws in 20+mph winds with 40+mph gusts, though, not so much Mac. I think winds like that will leave NE pretty one dimensional on offense. Not a great game to not have Rankins available but, next man up. The two teams may not throw 25 passes combined. 

The Rankins thing worries me too. The dropoff from him to Thomas/Sheppard is significant, particularly against the run. 

6 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Good.  Ground and pound, baby.

Wison has a strong arm and he can throw darts that cut through the wind.  He just has to throw them to the right place.  But. I agree.  Let the offensive line grind them down and the defense will do the rest.  If Wilson does not turn the ball over, the Jets will win.