With Yeboah out.....LFG Jeremy Ruckert!

AFJF

8 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Can you even imagine how happy his dad would be if he caught the winning pass to defeat the Patriots....in NE??? They should put a draft-day type camera in his parents living room for the game, just in case.

It might be the highlight of the season if that happened.

• Upvote 2

Anyone know how good Ruckert really is? I'm not familiar with his college career.

I see some top TEs really transforming their offense. Gronk, Kelce, Kittle, Waller. Can you imagine if Ruckert became a legit threat that teams had to scheme for? Zack's best friend for sure! Having Garrett, Mims, Moore, Corey(?),  Braxton AND a top TE would make our offense top 5. Then we have AVT/Breece coming back too. DANG!!!

• Upvote 1

he is replacing a guy who got 3 offensive snaps last game and 1 target all year. i doubt he gets a target.

i know its been a long bye week but i doubt this happens. better chance Tanzel Smart gets the game clinching sack since he probably sees more time since we rotate DL. 

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Anyone know how good Ruckert really is? I'm not familiar with his college career.

I see some top TEs really transforming their offense. Gronk, Kelce, Kittle, Waller. Can you imagine if Ruckert became a legit threat that teams had to scheme for? Zack's best friend for sure! Having Garrett, Mims, Moore, Corey(?),  Braxton AND a top TE would make our offense top 5. Then we have AVT/Breece coming back too. DANG!!!

He was probably the best blocking TE in the draft. Is a bit raw on the route running and receiving side. Had solid hands in college. Great size to be an end zone threat. 

There were a ton of other weapons at Ohio State so he didn’t see much action in the passing game. When called on he pulled thru tho. 

When I was watching him I saw him block karlaftis 1 on 1 and took him out of the play. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Is he up ?

8BAC1CF9-C24E-4C37-AF42-01BFFF0EF4F3.png

Ruckert is on the active roster, so he doesn't have to be elevated on Saturday (as opposed to Smart and McDermott, who are being elevated from the practice squad).  The next step for Ruckert is to see if he's not listed amongst the inactive members of the 53-man roster tomorrow.  If he's not, he'll be ready to play in the game.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, FootballLove said:

no love for conklin?  he's doing pretty well.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BurntDice said:

He was probably the best blocking TE in the draft. Is a bit raw on the route running and receiving side. Had solid hands in college. Great size to be an end zone threat. 

There were a ton of other weapons at Ohio State so he didn’t see much action in the passing game. When called on he pulled thru tho. 

When I was watching him I saw him block karlaftis 1 on 1 and took him out of the play. 

i wonder if they run some 3 te sets to bolster the run game or knock judon on his butt.

15 hours ago, Larz said:

I mean if he needs the immortal Kenny yeboah to miss a game due to injury to get on the field, we should tamper expectations to “hopefully he has a good off season next year and earns his reps. “

Right? I’m like are we really hoping our 4th string TE who’s getting a chance to dress on game day only because of injury is the deciding player? Wtf

I believe the fan base is not thinking Ruckert is going to be a deciding factor but a contributing player in the running game against the hated Patriots. If he plays and can handle Judon solo it would go a long way to a Jets victory 

Since he is a Jets fan and comes from a family of avid Jets fans naturally the fan base is pulling for him big time. Hoping he becomes our version of Mark Bavaro 

• Upvote 1