<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

The bye week is over, the Jets are rested and ready to roll. The Patriots streak ends today. The Jets outplayed the Pats last time and this game will be similar minus the mistakes. Zach Wilson got the job done against the Bills, the defense gets the job done every week.

The losing streak ends today.

The Jets make a statement today. It is time to fly high, lets go Jets!

I'm gonna watch this before the game right now to get in the mood. Aint taking no chances!

I know that getting the win and staying away from injuries are the two most important things but please, please, please, if we get into a winning position, just keep our foot to the floor and bury them under a big number.  You know the Bill would do no less if the positions were reversed.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

I know that getting the win and staying away from injuries are the two most important things but please, please, please, if we get into a winning position, just keep our foot to the floor and bury them under a big number.  You know the Bill would do no less if the positions were reversed.

No doubt about it. 

Even after building up a big lead, BB loved to huddle his players on the sidelines and give them (what I think was) a pep talk.  I'm pretty sure he's done that multiple times.  I'd love to hand them a nice L in front of their home crowd and leave town with the Pats in last place.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No doubt about it. 

Even after building up a big lead, BB loved to huddle his players on the sidelines and give them (what I think was) a pep talk.  I'm pretty sure he's done that multiple times.  I'd love to hand them a nice L in front of their home crowd and leave town with the Pats in last place.

And sit in that bitter wind for 3 hours to watch them lose. 
I just walked my fig for an hour to try and wear him out for the game. Man, that was bracing! 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Playing With Fire GIF by TRT
Bellicheat conjuring up some pre-game curses on the Jets in the bowels of Foxboro

rainbow brite 80s GIF

His newest disciple Matt Patricia in the air vents in the Jets locker room.

Destiny 2 Hunter GIF by DestinyTheGame
And of course the Refs can NEVER be counted out of the equation.

PI / HOLDING/FALSE START/ROUGHING

If the Jets escape with the win, they will have overcome the triumvirate of EVIL

Nah.  We know exactly how to handle this sort of nonsense.  We need to call on our fellow New Yorkers.

First, three New York Witches remove all the curses and hexs:

image.png.e6c8e73cd610c188a47b45d1603dd0cd.png

After consulting the book they give Saleh the halftime adjustments:

image.png.cbeeb43d5cc6836b364c5b7a65f1a1f5.png

Done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

There's a difference.  He didn't play the first game after a beating.  He had no measuring stick.  He gained valuable experience from the last game.  This time he'll keep his emotions in check.  If you watched any of his recent interviews, he's highly aware that throwing the ball away is a much better choice than trying to force something.  Especially throwing the ball far enough away.  I'm confident he'll get it done this time.

Outplaying the projected MVP Josh Allen last week, beating Buffalo, only a week after practically the entire world came down on the youngster shows not only tremendous growth on Wilson’s part but he also earned a serious notch on his belt with Buffalo having probably the most talented roster in the league.

For the first time in his career last week Wilson kept his eyes downfield practically the entire game but most importantly got the ball out in 2.5 seconds or less, which blew away almost a full second of time that has happened so often as he pretty much begins his 2nd season resulting in bad footwork and too many passes off the mark, mostly because at 3.5 seconds he’s playing “hero ball”.  The Buffalo game was a huge step in the direction  of ending that.  Kid has a lightning quick release to go with one of the best arms in the league, no reason not to take advantage of that and mimic exactly how he played vs Buffalo….plant, step, fire, looking down field the whole time….play is not there…kill it, no more running around.

That’s the recipe for lots more Wins.

Today he has to beat Belichick, minus Brady, still not an easy task, for Any QB.  Perspective.  But regardless of the outcome today I feel Wilson has made a excellent strides in becoming the QB the fan base wants to have, and has waited for for far too long.

• Upvote 1