<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

19 minutes ago, Stark said:

Keep in mind the pats have at least moved the ball on the ground and air. Our D is the only thing keeping us in the game and the wind causing the pays to miss 2 FG

so the wind is an excuse for the FG kicker, but not ZW or punter? Yes, I get it, but Mac Jones, last year pro-bowler didn't do all that much with a better running game and more time to throw.

BB just knows how to beat the Jets; he knows how to get into he head of a young QB. 43% of ZW's interceptions came in 3 games against BB. I am pretty sure if Fields (he is the current darling, right) had to play the Pats twice a year, he would suck against the Pats too.

You can say the Pats D is the reason we couldn't do crap on O either. They took away the run game and clearly  anticipated all of our O plays.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is the flip side of the whole “don’t make mistakes” crap. You give you offense no chance since you’re so reliant of perfect execution every play. LaFleur and Zach need to stfu this week.

This ties into an overall concern. When Wilson’s been let loose he’s made poor decisions and turned it over, and when he’s asked not to make mistakes he really hasn’t moved the ball unless there’s an elite run game to move the ball and play off of. I’m not sure we’ve seen a good middle ground.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

great fan...

Yep - down the thumbs at me. What kind of fan laughs at the team losing, you guys just want to be right more than you want the Jets to win. I hated the game today. Kicked the couch scared the pup upstairs, but laughing at your team or Qb - very classy as is the thumbs down...

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, bostonmajet said:

so the wind is an excuse for the FG kicker, but not ZW or punter? Yes, I get it, but Mac Jones, last year pro-bowler didn't do all that much with a better running game and more time to throw.

BB just knows how to beat the Jets; he knows how to get into he head of a young QB. 43% of ZW's interceptions came in 3 games against BB. I am pretty sure if Fields (he is the current darling, right) had to play the Pats twice a year, he would suck against the Pats too.

You can say the Pats D is the reason we couldn't do crap on O either. They took away the run game and clearly  anticipated all of our O plays.

Dumb.  We had no qb play worth a sh!t all game. 
zach made bad high throws and again is inept and doesn’t run the offense. Proof is in the pudding. Every qb not named Z Wilson has had the offense run efficiently even with Josh Johnson. 

zach isn’t the answer. You can keep hoping but the kid doesn’t make the easy plays and then he pisses himself the other 80% of the tIme

Mac “weak arm” Jones can throw for over 225yds I’m the same wind. 

rule 14 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is a parody post, right?

Jets lost 14 straight, ZW was in high school when the Jets beat the Pats the last time. 3 GMs ago, 3 HCs ago. ZW played like crap, but so did the ST and the entire O including the coaches. But, yep - it is all on ZW - and no it isn't a parody, it is a testament to well, I won't say it...

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We don’t come back from this.

The only way they do is by benching Zach. They can't keep pretending that this is "a game against a good defense." 

Bullsh*t. He flat out sucks. This game should have been a massacre. The Pats aren't good. 

I know emotions are probably too raw to appreciate this right now, but I don't see how any team in the division has the chance at improving as much as we can next year with simply competent QB play.

It might be pouring today, but the future is still pretty bright (if JD does his job) . . .

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, derp said:

This ties into an overall concern. When Wilson’s been let loose he’s made poor decisions and turned it over, and when he’s asked not to make mistakes he really hasn’t moved the ball unless there’s an elite run game to move the ball and play off of. I’m not sure we’ve seen a good middle ground.

Belichick dared Wilson to complete two passes in a row and he couldn’t do it. The feature of keeping Wilson in was that maybe he gets lucky on a 50 yarder to Garrett Wilson, but LaFleur didn’t risk any of that with the way Zach was playing. Damned if you do, etc

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

I know emotions are probably too raw to appreciate this right now, but I don't see how any team in the division has the chance at improving as much as we can next year with simply competent QB play.

It might be pouring today, but the future is still pretty bright (if JD does his job) . . .

Unfortunately, competent QB play has historically been far too high of a mark for the Jets to reach.

Hughes just asked him if they would ever go to MW
”no, that’s the furthest thing from my mind right now…Zach’s our quarterback”
I mean WTF brother 
Trust me, he's thinking about it. No way in hell he's not thinking about it.

He's just trying not to start a controversy but the talking heads will start one first thing Monday.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk