<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

2 minutes ago, derp said:

I like a lot of what Saleh’s brought and I think the culture has seemed pretty solid much of the season. Hopefully he’s got a pretty good pulse on the locker room because I think the line between having those guys behind him and losing them completely if he keeps trotting out Wilson when he’s performing like this is very thin.

Still very curious as to why he elevated Mike White to #2 when he did. You wonder if it was to appease the receivers 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Still very curious as to why he elevated Mike White to #2 when he did. You wonder if it was to appease the receivers 

I get it but I’d guess doing that to appease the receivers is a reach. Only Wilson related thing I can think of is he understood that benching Wilson was a possibility around then, prefers to do it for White if he does it, so switched to White really early so it’s not obviously the reason he elevated White if Wilson gets benched. More likely White was outplaying Flacco in practice and/or they were disappointed with Flacco early season.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My theory is that he was playing very well in practice and JD finally put his foot down, despite Saleh's undying love for Flacco. 

Stev is a CFL-level QB but I'll admit I think even he would've done far better than ZW did today.  

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I cant really figure it out. There are some minor contract reasons but pretty minor and most would be gone now. Maybe if Wilson got hurt again they would rather see White come in and see if there is anything there rather than trotting out Flacco in the middle of a game?  If White stunk you would probably go back to Flacco as starter.  Id think the receivers are good with Flacco since they threw the ball so much with him under center. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My theory is that he was playing very well in practice and JD finally put his foot down, despite Saleh's undying love for Flacco. 

Stev is a CFL-level QB but I'll admit I think even he would've done far better than ZW did today.  

That's some seriously twisted and baseless logic considering JD is the one obsessed with Flacco, going back to their days in Baltimore together, and originally brought him in under Gase.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

15 minutes ago, jason423 said:

I cant really figure it out. There are some minor contract reasons but pretty minor and most would be gone now. Maybe if Wilson got hurt again they would rather see White come in and see if there is anything there rather than trotting out Flacco in the middle of a game?  If White stunk you would probably go back to Flacco as starter.  Id think the receivers are good with Flacco since they threw the ball so much with him under center. 

My guess is that he just runs LaFleur’s offense to the closest approximation that LaFleur wants it run. Even when White was bad, he was still moving the ball around to a lot of different receivers. Flacco can do that, but he was always working vertically. Could be LaFleur just wants to watch someone run the play he calls

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

it's blowing up

I’d be careful with this—Hughes does more legwork than most, but this was 100% the story he wanted to write before he stepped foot in that locker room. It would not be hard to find a few disgruntled DL to hand him a quote or two

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My guess is that he just runs LaFleur’s offense to the closest approximation that LaFleur wants it run. Even when White was bad, he was still moving the ball around to a lot of different receivers. Flacco can do that, but he was always working vertically. Could be LaFleur just wants to watch someone run the play he calls

I think it’s optics within he corporate side of the building.

Zach is looking like a clear bust. Flacco is not an investment. Elevating White = “Woody, we’re going to have to consider benching Zach, but hey, we think we might have something with that Mike White kid, as you can see we elevated him up to #2 earlier this month”.

• Upvote 3

I’d be careful with this—Hughes does more legwork than most, but this was 100% the story he wanted to write before he stepped foot in that locker room. It would not be hard to find a few disgruntled DL to hand him a quote or two

Yep.

Also, sources = nothing. Put a name in it or kick rocks.

Don’t you think there are enough jets who would welcome a change at qb to see how the offense would function?  Also think wilson is in some denial here. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I think it’s optics within he corporate side of the building.

Zach is looking like a clear bust. Flacco is not an investment. Elevating White = “Woody, we’re going to have to consider benching Zach, but hey, we think we might have something with that Mike White kid, as you can see we elevated him up to #2 earlier this month”.

That would be interesting and extremely Woody-like.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tom I wouldn’t be surprised if berrios is the only friend Zach has remaining in the locker room.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Don’t you think there are enough jets who would welcome a change at qb to see how the offense would function?  Also think wilson is in some denial here. 

Everything you read or hear is that Zach is pretty popular in that locker room, and it seems to be a pretty tight group. I took Garrett Wilson’s quotes to be more about the coaching staff not letting the offense take more shots downfield, and that would be Wilson’s strength. I’d guess the receivers are more annoyed by the conservative game plan than they are by Zach, and the coaches are annoyed that they have to be conservative because of Zach. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Everything you read or hear is that Zach is pretty popular in that locker room, and it seems to be a pretty tight group. I took Garrett Wilson’s quotes to be more about the coaching staff not letting the offense take more shots downfield, and that would be Wilson’s strength. I’d guess the receivers are more annoyed by the conservative game plan than they are by Zach, and the coaches are annoyed that they have to be conservative because of Zach. 

I think the coaches believed that they could beat NE if they neutered ZW so he wouldn’t turn it over.  Of course that also neutered the wrs too.  And the TEs.  

The broader problem the team has is that the D got too good too fast and now they’re a playoff caliber team needing a veteran boring qb.  They can’t waste these seasons developing wilson while he (hopefully) works through his crap.  The jets coaches would probably gladly swap their qb for the pats qb and go with a dink offense.  Regardless of how popular ZW may be if they lose bad to Chicago he will be benched. 

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the coaches believed that they could beat NE if they neutered ZW so he wouldn’t turn it over.  Of course that also neutered the wrs too.  And the TEs.  

The broader problem the team has is that the D got too good too fast and now they’re a playoff caliber team needing a veteran boring qb.  They can’t waste these seasons developing wilson while he (hopefully) works through his crap.  The jets coaches would probably gladly swap their qb for the pats qb and go with a dink offense.  Regardless of how popular ZW may be if they lose bad to Chicago he will be benched. 

They didn’t need to neuter him to beat the Bills. They did well with the quick passing game. Its embarrassing that after a bye week your gameplan was to have your tail between your legs and ask for the defense to beat them. 

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

They didn’t need to neuter him to beat the Bills. They did well with the quick passing game. Its embarrassing that after a bye week your gameplan was to have your tail between your legs and ask for the defense to beat them. 

They’re terrified of BB and he’s destroyed ZW each time so they took a different approach.  

The worst part of all this is that not only has NE beat the Jets for the 15th straight time, but the 2 winnable losses to NE probably will keep them out of the playoffs this year.  I see wins against Chicago, Jacksonville and Detroit, but losses to Minnesota, Buffalo, Miami all on the road.  The Seattle game at home is the tossup.  So 9-8 or 10-7.  Jets finished 10-6 some years ago and lost a slot on tiebreakers.  Same thing could happen again.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Excellent recap. It is a chicken and egg thing, but Zach not being able to complete short passes is a game-changer. In a bad way.

He had two interceptions dropped today.

I feel like Zach is all about momentum, they aren't able to script him off to a fast start in most games. Would love to see him not be 1 for 5.

This is on Zach but damn I don't know why LaFleur can't seem to get the tight ends and Elijah Moore involved.

Mims had a very big drop early. Honestly, that was the best pass Zach threw all day.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ausman said:

The worst part of all this is that not only has NE beat the Jets for the 15th straight time, but the 2 winnable losses to NE probably will keep them out of the playoffs this year.  I see wins against Chicago, Jacksonville and Detroit, but losses to Minnesota, Buffalo, Miami all on the road.  The Seattle game at home is the tossup.  So 9-8 or 10-7.  Jets finished 10-6 some years ago and lost a slot on tiebreakers.  Same thing could happen again.

The playoffs this year would be huge. You make the playoffs, lose at some point and the expectations are raised the following season.

Let's get past this meaningful games in December talk and have them all believe the Super Bowl is the goal.

But with the QB and offensive line looking like it did today, that is going to be tough. If they can start scoring points there is no game they can;'t win. Crazy to say that but it is true, this defense is legit.

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Excellent recap. It is a chicken and egg thing, but Zach not being able to complete short passes is a game-changer. In a bad way.

He had two interceptions dropped today.

I feel like Zach is all about momentum, they aren't able to script him off to a fast start in most games. Would love to see him not be 1 for 5.

This is on Zach but damn I don't know why LaFleur can't seem to get the tight ends and Elijah Moore involved.

Mims had a very big drop early. Honestly, that was the best pass Zach threw all day.

Everyone sh*t their pants when wilson threw for 355 but has 3 INTs so they wanted the neutering. Well, this is what you get