I'm not looking forward to the game today against the Patriots

Alka

7 minutes ago, Alka said:

I knew the Jets would lose today.  As much as i wanted to believe otherwise, this is why I really wasn't looking forward to the game today, as is indicated in my title of this thread.  I think the Jets will need to bring in serious competition to compete for the starting QB job next season.  Zach will have to beat a real player to get the QB job next season.  As for this season, as hard as it is to believe, the Jets with their defense still have a real shot at making the playoffs.  I think that Elijah Moore and Mims deserve to be  inactivated, because I think that Mims seems to drop half the passes thrown his way, and Moore doesn't seem to be able to be the same player he was from last season.  OBJ would be a great pickup, but no way would he come to the Jets.  Even if the Jets make the playoffs, they would surely lose in some horrific fashion early on.  What a shame that we lost Hall and AVT this year.  Both players were the highlight of this team on offense. But, we are talking about the Jets.  Things like this continue to happen.  

Spot on. I was feeling the same way it seems the Jets know what Wilson is but have to tow the company line. It’s a shame because we have a team that is ready to win. We unfortunately lost BH and AVT which would have helped ZW. It’s like just when you think things are looking up then boom back to the same sh*t as always. Forget what anyone says, that’s the way it has been with this franchise for my time as a fan for 47 years,  we know when the other shoe is about to drop. 

I don’t have faith that Woody will do the right thing and bench Wilson. I am sure I will get downvoted for this comment but he is not the guy to lead the NYJ, he is not the type of player that can relate to the locker room. It seems very obvious to me his personality can’t relate to the players and the team knows that but he is Woodys boy,  getting flown on the owners private Jet etc. Perfect example of how the team rallied around Mike White and STREV which is very telling. There is a clip after a preseason game where a player was in the locker room and all were rallied around STREV and “he said he is not selfish too”. 

MY opinion I feel Zach has the talent but he can’t relate to players on the team and is not mentally strong enough to handle the mental part of the game and has some serious insecurities. Sounds crazy but personality profiling was my career for some time. Kid has the tools but doesn’t truly believe in himself and it shows as he folds under pressure, not good playing in NY. 

19 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Sounds crazy but personality profiling was my career for some time. Kid has the tools but doesn’t truly believe in himself and it shows as he folds under pressure, not good playing in NY. 

Do you know anything about EMERGENETICS?  Very interesting self analysis test that people take to better understanding your Behavioral Attributes and Thinking Attributes.  While I didn't have a job in personality profiling, I consider myself someone who spent alot of time trying to understand individuals I work with.  As a manager of people, I always was careful in dealing with employees, understanding how they think.  Even more important is trying to better understand how employees viewed me, and how I can better interact with them in a positive way.  

Anyway, getting back to Zach.  I think he was holding back in giving his true feelings yesterday.  It's my feeling that he has blame for players and coaches, and kept his answers short, because he didn't want to blurt out exactly how he felt.  I think that this is a problem.  Zach needs to get with his coaches, and come to an understanding of what happened, and why it happened.  I also think that behind closed doors, everyone and anyone who contributed to the very poor offensive output yesterday, needs to be held to account, because if not, then it will only get worse in the future.  

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

Do you know anything about EMERGENETICS?  Very interesting self analysis test that people take to better understanding your Behavioral Attributes and Thinking Attributes.  While I didn't have a job in personality profiling, I consider myself someone who spent alot of time trying to understand individuals I work with.  As a manager of people, I always was careful in dealing with employees, understanding how they think.  Even more important is trying to better understand how employees viewed me, and how I can better interact with them in a positive way.  

Anyway, getting back to Zach.  I think he was holding back in giving his true feelings yesterday.  It's my feeling that he has blame for players and coaches, and kept his answers short, because he didn't want to blurt out exactly how he felt.  I think that this is a problem.  Zach needs to get with his coaches, and come to an understanding of what happened, and why it happened.  I also think that behind closed doors, everyone and anyone who contributed to the very poor offensive output yesterday, needs to be held to account, because if not, then it will only get worse in the future.  

I do know about some about Emergenetics, it’s is a valid test however there are some people whose profiles get interesting when it comes to their psychological makeup. I worked face to face with people and would have to provide my analysis on whether they would be fit for whatever position they would be in. 
It’s unfortunately very obvious Zach doesn’t fit in the locker room you can tell by the way the players act around him and how he could rub some people the wrong way. He has been trained well with handling and answering questions especially with the media, besides the past week. He is very insecure and needs a Geno Smith type of belief in himself before he takes that step.  I could go on with this forever as I enjoy it and it’s a part of my everyday sine it has become a learned behavior. 

Ya it’s strange how he went from saying all the right things to being more confrontational. What I found disturbing was when he was asked last week about E Moore and he said if E wants to come and talk to me about anything he can. What I would have liked to hear is that he took the initiative and went and sat down with E and had a heart to heart to figure out how work together and overcome the issue. 

17 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

What I found disturbing was when he was asked last week about E Moore and he said if E wants to come and talk to me about anything he can. What I would have liked to hear is that he took the initiative and went and sat down with E and had a heart to heart to figure out how work together and overcome the issue. 

I really do think you "hit the nail on the  head" with your comments here.  To me, it's passive aggressive behavior, when Zach says that E Moore can come to me if he something to say. By Zach making this comment, I think what he is saying is that there is a problem, but "it's not my job" to go to E Moore.  He can come to me if he wants.  As you point out, very immature.  

• Upvote 1