We have 3 wrs that hate Wilson

kmnj

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

GW had like 200 yards in back to back games before today. Wilson is a 23 year old who gave a stupid answer to a question. By all accounts wilson is a team guy and liked in the locker room. Wilson was bad today but you are being hysterical about some post game comments to be honest. 

I'm as big a Zach homer as there is, but if you don't think that locker is at a boiling point, especially after the effort shown by the defense, you're purposely pretending to be blind.  Saleh and JD probably didn't expect 6-3 and "win now" this season.  They probably figured to just let Zach develop in another "developmental" season.  Saleh's got a legit problem on his hands now and has a tricky situation to navigate.

• Upvote 2

We may be splitting hairs on the word “hate.”

Players will try to be good teammates but it’s clear inside that building and outside the building that Zach’s production and inconsistency are killing the team.

If wins come, most can live with Zach’s issues - if he shows signs of accountability and improvement.

As Zach pisses away winnable games, regresses, and show no accountability/ leadership, players are going to be very unhappy with their QBs play.

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm as big a Zach homer as there is, but if you don't think that locker is at a boiling point, especially after the effort shown by the defense, you're purposely pretending to be blind.  Saleh and JD probably didn't expect 6-3 and "win now" this season.  They probably figured to just let Zach develop in another "developmental" season.  Saleh's got a legit problem on his hands now and has a tricky situation to navigate.

Last week we beat the best team in football and GW was posting love to Zach on social media. One week and we are at a boiling point? 

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

Last week we beat the best team in football and GW was posting love to Zach on social media. One week and we are at a boiling point? 

Yes.  That's football. And I'm a lot less concerned about GW than I am about the core leaders like Q, Mosley, etc.  We won't see it from them in the media, but they know they played well enough to win BOTH Pats games and Zach pretty much was garbage...

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I haven’t, please explain to me how he should walk around 

Well unless you are disagree with the report. Or disclaiming those who players who made it. He should walk around pissed off, banging on lockers, etc. Saying to guys as a CAPTAIN “ I’m sorry I played so fing bad today guys.” Obviously like his presser, he didn’t take any responsibility in locker room either..

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Then say that.  

Or something like - we should be worried about the receivers giving up and getting frustrated with Zach.  Fair and understandable position - he was awful today.   

Don't say 3 WR's hate ZW, based on absolutely zero evidence, and state it as fact.

You have zero evidence that they don't hate him

5 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

This is more of an indictment on Lafleur then Zach TBH...

But sure let the agendas fly! Lol 

LaFleur was terrible today. He totally handcuffed this offense and Zach just lost all confidence early on.   Thee OL couldn't do squat.  Pats D isn't all that.  Just no reason we couldn't move the ball on these bums. Our D gave up just 3 points BUT the Pats moved the ball fairly well.  We, on the other hand, were totally out of rythum and tight.  Where were the gadget plays? Where were the quick slants, The Jet sweeps?  Where the hell was Berrios?  Robinson was just awful as well. The running game was non-existent. We were lucky to score 3 points.  In may be better, In the long run, to have lost this game since it teaches this team, these coaches, these players, that every game in the NFL is a dogfight.  Saleh couldn't have said it better - The offense was dogsh*t.  

27 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

LaFleur was terrible today. He totally handcuffed this offense and Zach just lost all confidence early on.   Thee OL couldn't do squat.  Pats D isn't all that.  Just no reason we couldn't move the ball on these bums. Our D gave up just 3 points BUT the Pats moved the ball fairly well.  We, on the other hand, were totally out of rythum and tight.  Where were the gadget plays? Where were the quick slants, The Jet sweeps?  Where the hell was Berrios?  Robinson was just awful as well. The running game was non-existent. We were lucky to score 3 points.  In may be better, In the long run, to have lost this game since it teaches this team, these coaches, these players, that every game in the NFL is a dogfight.  Saleh couldn't have said it better - The offense was dogsh*t.  

I'm not sure it taught anything, guy were open every play. It was a very rough day but insert someone else and they win.

Idk. I want to blame play calling too but this was more on wilson

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is the kind of stuff that makes it so difficult to have a realistic conversation around here.

The WR's hate Zach Wilson?  Why? Because you do?  By all accounts..ALL - Zach's a hard working, nice, likable kid...

It is possible they were frustrated with the performance today?  Sure - would be tough not to be.

This isn't defending Zach, that's not what I'm doing here - but let's actually talk about what's relevant.

There's plenty to complain about - no reason to just attack.

He, (Wilson), keeps making the same mistakes he made as a rookie. He's unable to deliver the ball to open receivers. He is inaccurate because he thinks it's cool to throw screen passes, sidearm. This shi. Isn't fixable in one or ten practice weeks. They want to win, and score a lot of points in the process. They know that won't happen with Wilson

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm not sure it taught anything, guy were open every play. It was a very rough day but insert someone else and they win.

Idk. I want to blame play calling too but this was more on wilson

Not really.  Zach misses Corey Davis. Its pretty evident.  Not making an excuse there but WR's were just not open today.  It was just a pitiful performance by the entire offense and coaching staff. 

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

All three of our wrs were clearly unhappy with our trash qb

two already tried to leave town and today you could see the displeasure our stud rookie wr had

Wilson is a bust too bad we didn’t trade for the mustache in the offseason and I would even take old man Fitz who at least can throw the ball or foles 

I hate Flacco but if him or white played today I believe we win 

Even Sam Darnold wins today. Hell, Testaverde would’ve won today without knowing the playbook. 

• Upvote 1

Daniel Kelly is a former NFL scout with the New York Jets. He was hired on the regime which featured Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, and Dick Haley. His take.

"Zach Wilson is a polished and erratic athletic quarterback who broke out in his junior season against a weak schedule and inferior level of competition. There is a lot of hype surrounding this kid, but in reality, he only looks like a glorified high school quarterback who excels at sandlot football. 

I watched every one of his throws and runs in 2020 and I am not seeing it or feeling it with this guy in terms of arm strength, touch, ball placement, or accuracy. Half of his throws look great and half of them look receiver “unfriendly,” or downright bad. Many passes were high or low and were either incomplete or he gave the receivers literally no chance to pick up additional yards. It literally and consistently was like watching two different quarterbacks throw. He will be an interception machine in the NFL. 

Clearly and undoubtedly lacks consistency. Gives off a quirky vibe and energy. Absolutely at his best inside the 10-yard line. Throws excellent fade routes in those situations. Fades inside the 10 are his best pass. Has the ability to take off and run, but only averaged 3.0 yards per carry in his college career. However, I was more impressed with him as a runner than a thrower. Tends to do best when ad-libbing and has some Houdini to his game with a shovel and sidearmed passes. There is absolutely nothing dominant to his game combined with average arm and accuracy. Classic overhyped player. Manufactured quarterback. Surefire bust.

Daniel Kelly’s Draft Board: 3rd round — and I would not select him if I was a GM. He would not even be on my draft board. It would be foolish to take him in the first round. He will get everybody fired. "

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is the kind of stuff that makes it so difficult to have a realistic conversation around here.

The WR's hate Zach Wilson?  Why? Because you do?  By all accounts..ALL - Zach's a hard working, nice, likable kid...

It is possible they were frustrated with the performance today?  Sure - would be tough not to be.

This isn't defending Zach, that's not what I'm doing here - but let's actually talk about what's relevant.

There's plenty to complain about - no reason to just attack.

I agree that maybe they dont hate him. I am sure they dont love him either. I think however the likable card was dropeed today when he took a wrong midset and said that he didnt think he let his team and his defense down. Maybe he just said something dumb because he was pissed off about the game final outcome, but he said. And if he said if because he thinks it. I am not in the "trash-Wilson-camp" just yet. But he was the glaring weakness yesterday, for all to see, not just the fans, but also his team. 

17 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Daniel Kelly is a former NFL scout with the New York Jets. He was hired on the regime which featured Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, and Dick Haley. His take.

"Zach Wilson is a polished and erratic athletic quarterback who broke out in his junior season against a weak schedule and inferior level of competition. There is a lot of hype surrounding this kid, but in reality, he only looks like a glorified high school quarterback who excels at sandlot football. 

I watched every one of his throws and runs in 2020 and I am not seeing it or feeling it with this guy in terms of arm strength, touch, ball placement, or accuracy. Half of his throws look great and half of them look receiver “unfriendly,” or downright bad. Many passes were high or low and were either incomplete or he gave the receivers literally no chance to pick up additional yards. It literally and consistently was like watching two different quarterbacks throw. He will be an interception machine in the NFL. 

Clearly and undoubtedly lacks consistency. Gives off a quirky vibe and energy. Absolutely at his best inside the 10-yard line. Throws excellent fade routes in those situations. Fades inside the 10 are his best pass. Has the ability to take off and run, but only averaged 3.0 yards per carry in his college career. However, I was more impressed with him as a runner than a thrower. Tends to do best when ad-libbing and has some Houdini to his game with a shovel and sidearmed passes. There is absolutely nothing dominant to his game combined with average arm and accuracy. Classic overhyped player. Manufactured quarterback. Surefire bust.

Daniel Kelly’s Draft Board: 3rd round — and I would not select him if I was a GM. He would not even be on my draft board. It would be foolish to take him in the first round. He will get everybody fired. "

Jimmy Fallon Of Course GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

12 hours ago, Coquito said:

Just curious, what do you all think Aaron Rodgers could do with our WR's? Either on the Packers, or the Jets? 

New York Giants Latino GIF by SHOWTIME Sports
jokes 

but even as washed as Rogers has looked this year we’d be talking about a win yesterday and talking about a deep playoff run and BYE week. 

14 hours ago, kmnj said:

All three of our wrs were clearly unhappy with our trash qb

two already tried to leave town and today you could see the displeasure our stud rookie wr had

Wilson is a bust too bad we didn’t trade for the mustache in the offseason and I would even take old man Fitz who at least can throw the ball or foles 

I hate Flacco but if him or white played today I believe we win 

Best chance is Davis comes back this week since Zak seemed to have easiest time throwing to him as his main guy, and then at times when Davis was covered Zak would find GW or Conklin. We need to regroup and get back on track and Davis can help that. Also, with Herbig hurting we need LDT brought up to play LG as needed since with Feeney in there he was as effective at Van Rotten used to be in pass and run blocking.