Zach Wilson says he doesn’t feel like he let his defense down

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

In a sense, Wilson helped the D a little bit. Covered for some missed tackles, and specifically gave Mosley cover by being way worse. 

“In the land of the blind…”

Wilson was brutal. Any defender who was merely less-brutal was covered up by other defenders totally crushing it today. There just was no Breece Hall to proportionally cover up for Wilson, though, the way Quinnen & others did for a few meh/bleh defenders. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

This is an answer an entitled spoiled brat would give. Did they tell him not to turn, the ball over. He did not do that. This kid's brain is scrambled eggs, He is finished, Jimmy G or Carr in the off-season.  That will be good enough with these weapons and defense to get them to the bowl, With Breece back next year.

I’d take Carr

Dude at least has some character and heart 

Can be an efficient enough game manager 

• Upvote 2

He sounds like an entitled spoiled punk. So someone, preferably Flacco, needs to pull him aside first thing tomorrow morning and tell him how a NFL QB, as a teams’s leader, is supposed to react in those situations. 
Otherwise he’s going to be back in Utah in two yrs for good. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Zaxk is an entitled little prick.  He does not understand that when you are the starting QBm, and you suck, you have to take some accountability for it.  It an't gonna happen, but this kid deserves to have his ass benched.

I really didn't  think of it like this. You're right, for not taking accountability,  Saleh should bench him

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Of course the answer is yes, but in fairness the question was whether the O let down the D, not him individually. Still, that is the moment for him to take ownership of being responsible for the entire Os performance.

No, he was asked if you feel like you let the defense  down

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lith said:

Zaxk is an entitled little prick.  He does not understand that when you are the starting QBm, and you suck, you have to take some accountability for it.  It an't gonna happen, but this kid deserves to have his ass benched.

I’m shocked anyone would have so little humility after such a performance. Sanchez did that here & there himself at times, and it wasn’t any better, but meanwhile Wilson's currently worse than rookie Sanchez. What he said on that podium is just something either only a stupid person says, or someone who isn’t nearly ready to be a leader, or both. Even if he (somehow) actually feels that way, it’s baffling that he’s so oblivious to how bad that would come across after such a game.

Anyone can have a bad - even a particularly bad - game. The lack of awareness there is pretty staggering.

Like, how hard is it to say the obvious? Like, “Yeah, no doubt the offense’s job is to put more than 3 points on the scoreboard, and I’m supposed to be out there leading them to more than 3 points.” Everyone knows that’s the truth anyway. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

His recent media performances have smacked of petulance and a lack of understanding of what it takes. 

I'll be honest, after this comment, I don't see how he can't be benched next week. If for no other reason than to send a message. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Before this game he came out and said no one except the Jets know what they're talking about (fans included).  Then he backs it up with that putrid performance.  A real questionable response from him here.  I think he's getting frustrated that he is playing horribly.

Saleh needs to grow some balls and make him sit.

Won’t happen. Unless he is injured. Maybe Clemons can talk some sense into him.