Zach Wilson says he doesn’t feel like he let his defense down

31 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Of course the answer is yes, but in fairness the question was whether the O let down the D, not him individually. Still, that is the moment for him to take ownership of being responsible for the entire Os performance.

Josh Allen put the Jet loss completely on his shoulders, and appeared sincerely disgusted with himself over it . . .

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’m shocked anyone would have so little humility after such a performance. Sanchez did that here & there himself at times, and it wasn’t any better, but meanwhile he’s currently worse than rookie Sanchez. What he said on that podium is just something either only a stupid person says, or someone who isn’t nearly ready to be a leader, or both. Even if he (somehow) actually feels that way, it’s baffling that he’s so oblivious to how bad that would come across after such a game.

Anyone can have a bad - even a particularly bad - game. The lack of awareness there is pretty staggering.

Like, how hard is it to say the obvious? Like, “Yeah, no doubt the offense’s job is to put more than 3 points on the scoreboard, and I’m supposed to be out there leading them to more than 3 points.” Everyone knows that’s the truth anyway. 

and how about when he said he gets frustrated with the WRs when the dont do what he wants. can you imagine when those WRs hear that? he is bouncing balls, sailing it over their heads, completing 55% of his passes this year and HE is frustrated with THEM!!! 

but im sure they dont hate him.... 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Zach it wouldn't have killed you to say "I needed to play better" because its true....the wind isn't an excuse when the opposing QB did just enough 

23/27 for 246 Yards.  We win the Super Bowl with that production.  That isn't just enough.

The correct answer, "Yes, I have to earn my teams trust, and I will do that by playing better."

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, doitny said:

and how about when he said he gets frustrated with the WRs when the dont do what he wants. can you imagine when those WRs hear that? he is bouncing balls, sailing it over their heads, completing 55% of his passes this year and HE is frustrated with THEM!!! 

but im sure they dont hate him.... 

I don’t have an in to know which of those errant downfield passes were the result of a WR not being where he was supposed to be. I can more confidently say that when he’s checking down out of the reach of a 6’4” tall WR, or throwing it where it could only be caught by someone OOB, that the WR wasn’t expected to be where the pass went (i.e. no excuse).

None of that matters though, in terms of the presser. Even if that was 100% true, you don’t say it. You say “WE have a lot to work on,” or “There are a lot of plays we’d all like to have back,” and similar nothingspeak that all players and coaches say.

Did any players call him out after he had some obviously-terrible games? Of course not. That’s a two-way street.

Anyway, it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. So even if it’s not entertaining watching the Jets try to score points, at least we have this soap opera lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Well, there is literally proof.  I've been asking for that - can't really argue with a post like that.

All this aside....Did JFM take responsibility for the loss two weeks ago?

Lmao stop it Zach Wilson has been the weakest link on this team since returning from injury.

JFM >>>>>>>>>>>> Zach Wilson and it’s no where near close 

And you needed proof for something we all been screaming and yelling for weeks now?

some conspiracy theorist we are 

• Upvote 1