Zach Wilson says he doesn’t feel like he let his defense down

Just now, oatmeal said:

Funny those calling him a rich spoiled brat during the draft process got called all types of things… 

Well I'm not sure if I was here for that, but that was uncalled for. 

There's something "dead inside" about the kid, to me. 

Do you remember the "Preppy Murderer" in NYC, Robert Chambers? He was on the front page of the Daily News and NY Post for weeks. 

Same dead eyes. 

I know Zach isn't a murderer or a rapist, but not all sociopaths are criminals. 

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Zach doesn’t have to answer the question posed to him specifically (“do you feel you let the defense down)..with a “yes” 

He’s being baited..which is ok.   
He can answer it indirectly as if a different question was asked and still take responsibility. It’s interviewing skill 101.

“I need to play better as QB of this team ..than I did today” 

not a great answer..but doesn’t put him in hot water..  

Saleh is really at a crossroads.  It’s clear Wilson is losing the locker room more and more each week.  The Jets may or may not make the playoffs this year, but Saleh could be in real danger of losing the locker room beyond this year if he doesn’t make a Wilson soon and Wilson continues to crash and burn both performance wise and leadership wise.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Coquito said:

Well I'm not sure if I was here for that, but that was uncalled for. 

There's something "dead inside" about the kid, to me. 

Do you remember the "Preppy Murderer" in NYC, Robert Chambers? He was on the front page of the Daily News and NY Post for weeks. 

Same dead eyes. 

I know Zach isn't a murderer or a rapist, but not all sociopaths are criminals. 

Ok, he was bad in the game and stupid on his presser but I think this is a bit over the top

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I originally simply thought he was just another in the long line of sh*tty Jets QBs that make you roll your eyes.

However, he's also earning the honor of being one of those to completely dislike.

Exactly. Sam just wasn’t good, but I really liked rooting for him. Sanchez, too.

• Upvote 1

I didn’t see the game today. But it sounds like same old with Zach overthrowing receivers even guys 5 yards away being unsuccessful with check downs which are the mainstays of an offense keep drives moving etc. OK benching Zach might be the best thing for the team and for Zach. But you have to hate seeing teammates going after a teammate who had a bad game. As if they never had them. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I didn’t see the game today. But it sounds like same old with Zach overthrowing receivers even guys 5 yards away being unsuccessful with check downs which are the mainstays of an offense keep drives moving etc. OK benching Zach might be the best thing for the team and for Zach. But you have to hate seeing teammates going after a teammate who had a bad game. As if they never had them. 

Close, but you're giving Zach a little too much credit by assuming the WRs were even 5 yards away.  He was sailing balls well over the heads of receivers on screens.

Via Athletic:

But the clock is ticking. At some point, the Jets need a quarterback who can run the offense — an offense that is actually a threat to pass the ball. LaFleur’s passing offense has been at its most prolific when others — Joe Flacco, Josh Johnson and White, who is waiting in the wings — have played quarterback.

White, in his first NFL start last year in place of the injured Wilson, had 405 yards, three touchdowns, two interceptions and a win over a Cincinnati team that eventually went to the Super Bowl. Two weeks later, White threw four interceptions in a loss to the Bills.

After that loss, White said: “The only thing we can do is get better from it and not let this beat us twice, get into the film room and learn from mistakes … starting with me first.”