This was a playoff game

Integrity28

Think you are underselling the Pats defense here. They dominated both sides of the LOS. Zach sucked, but so did the OL. And the play calling. And the peripheral blocking. And the Special Teams.  

Also, it wasn't a playoff game. It was a division game that mattered, yes, but playoff games when you lose, you go home. We still have like 40% of the season left.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

And our coach was content to watch that second half without intervention or change. To me, Saleh represents a ton of good characteristics. I like him. However, not doing whatever he could  to get 6 points today is an atrocity and to me the first major indictment of Saleh. 

Our game plan on offense desperately needed to be shook. More importantly, you have an entire organization on the verge of taking the division lead and you settle for preserving the QBs development OVER getting the win.

For all intents and purposes, this a playoff game - and the coaching staff showed me a trip to the playoffs might simply be a tease, because they were outclassed and had zero killer instinct.

Scheme and game plan was flawed, more importantly the managrment sucked. Zach should have been benched. Our playoff lives were in the line…  these are the hard calls a HC must make.

I think this is a fair assessment.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

you have an entire organization on the verge of taking the division lead and you settle for preserving the QBs development OVER getting the win.

I will never understand this. This is the only player on the team treated this way. He has shown NOTHING to deserve it either. It's a dam shame too because this is a team that a player like Mike White could lead to a Super Bowl appearance-not because he is so special, but because with this defense and a damn good FG kicker and mostly good Sis play this is a team that with even a competent QB could get us there. Unfortunately Saleh doesn't see it or doesn't care because he said it's the furthest thing from his mind IOW it's Zachey or bust-sad sad sad 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Vader said:

Think you are underselling the Pats defense here. They dominated both sides of the LOS. Zach sucked, but so did the OL. And the play calling. And the peripheral blocking. And the Special Teams.  

Also, it wasn't a playoff game. It was a division game that mattered, yes, but playoff games when you lose, you go home. We still have like 40% of the season left.

When Zach had wide open receivers and time, he threw it in the dirt. Like not even close.

I said it in the game thread. The Pats D is good, like disciplined good. They are not stifling. What we saw today had more to do with us.

Oh, and in this division, this was a lose and go home game.

4 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Team isn't ready. Zach never will be ready for these type of games.

The D played about as well as they can but overall, including special teams, we got out-coached again. Same sh*t, different year. Wake me up next year. 

These 2 games against the Pats this year have been far different than the last few years. We could have won both of them if the QB actually resembled even an average NFL QB. 1 guy cost them both games. The Jets are not that far away. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

When Zach had wide open receivers and time, he threw it in the dirt. Like not even close.

I said it in the game thread. The Pats D is good, like disciplined good. They are not stifling. What we saw today had more to do with us.

The Pats D was stifling today. They bottled up the entire Jets offense, not just ZW.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I like Saleh, but there's no way he hasn't lost that locker room after that sham.

If I'm Woody, Saleh would have be unemployed before the 4:00 games.

I said it in the game thread… we’re not coming back from this. I do think the locker room is going to be fractured.

I just don’t agree with firing in the heels of this. It’s a monster red flag though.

• Haha 1

It's not the death kneel to sit a young QB and see if you someone else can give you a spark.  BB did it w/ Jones and Zappe.   You can always go back, total nonsense you cant bench a QB for a quarter and try to find something, anything to help you win.  Hell go wildcat for all I care, try something though.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

And our coach was content to watch that second half without intervention or change. To me, Saleh represents a ton of good characteristics. I like him. However, not doing whatever he could  to get 6 points today is an atrocity and to me the first major indictment of Saleh. 

Our game plan on offense desperately needed to be shook. More importantly, you have an entire organization on the verge of taking the division lead and you settle for preserving the QBs development OVER getting the win.

For all intents and purposes, this a playoff game - and the coaching staff showed me a trip to the playoffs might simply be a tease, because they were outclassed and had zero killer instinct.

Scheme and game plan was flawed, more importantly the managrment sucked. Zach should have been benched. Our playoff lives were in the line…  these are the hard calls a HC must make.

Mike White and Flacco are not the answers either. At some point Zach has to be able to win a game vs the Pats, unfortunately I think this was his last chance.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Mike White and Flacco are not the answers either. At some point Zach has to be able to win a game vs the Pats, unfortunately I think this was his last chance.

Let’s go Steelers and chiefs. Jets hold on to the 7th seed with bengals and chargers losses. We’ll beat Chicago next week and move from there. Last time NE beat us we beat the bills the following week. Can’t give up on this team. 

• Upvote 1

I am not saying they are the answer. I’m saying this was a playoff game and the HC had it in his power to manage his team out of their struggles… and he just watched instead.

Im not debating Zach vs. others… there’s lots of threads for that… this is about the HC being too passive and perhaps a liability.

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Let’s go Steelers and chiefs. Jets hold on to the 7th seed with bengals and chargers losses. We’ll beat Chicago next week and move from there. Last time NE beat us we beat the bills the following week. Can’t give up on this team. 

Fields is probably going to eat us alive. One man show style.

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

These 2 games against the Pats this year have been far different than the last few years. We could have won both of them if the QB actually resembled even an average NFL QB. 1 guy cost them both games. The Jets are not that far away. 

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. The Pats outplayed us in the first game, long before Wilson had his meltdown. Wilson was terrible  throughout the game today, but we also couldn't run the ball and ultimately we lost the game on a bone-headed play on special teams. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I am not saying they are the answer. I’m saying this was a playoff game and the HC had it in his power to manage his team out of their struggles… and he just watched instead.

Im not debating Zach vs. others… there’s lots of threads for that… this is about the HC being too passive and perhaps a liability.

I see what you are saying, I just think Zach has to be the one to win us that game. Pulling him is pullig him for good, which may be the answer anyway.

I see what you are saying, I just think Zach has to be the one to win us that game. Pulling him is pullig him for good, which may be the answer anyway.

I don’t think it’s for good. We’ve seen this movie before. sh*t, it happens all the time… “Wanted to give the team a spark, but X is still out starter.”