Let's talk Jets vs Bears

I think the Jets will contain the RB Fields ... If the QB Fields shows and lights it up ... I'll eat crow.

I'm on board with benching Zach this week in favor of Streveler to teach Zach two lessons.

1. The QB is always the shield that takes the bullets The QB is always accountable.

2. You gotta improve or be replaced.

Simple as that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If Fields lights it up and Wilson falls on his ass gain then the pro fields guys can have their day in the sun.

“If” LOL

Fields could pretty much play QB drunk and blindfolded better than Zach Wilson

the Jets D is unquestionably better than Chicago’s

So the Kapono turn-and-handoff game plan might be good enough for a W

“If” LOL
Fields could pretty much play QB drunk and blindfolded better than Zach Wilson
the Jets D is unquestionably better than Chicago’s
So the Kapono turn-and-handoff game plan might be good enough for a W
Fields is running back trash ... But I like your conviction.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

First Saleh has to have a serious talk with some of these guys who lose a tough game and try to play the blame game with teammates esp Zach. Keep it to yourself. If you want to blame someone look at the special team unit who folded with 5 secs left in the game. That play was historically terrible and worse than anything the offense did today. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

In 5 games since the bye, the Bears are averaging 29.6 PPG offensively 

That includes dropping 29 on a Cowboys team that just held the previously 8-1 Vikings to a whopping 3 pts today 

On the backs of the defense, the Jets are the better team on paper

But I don’t agree that this will be an easy “get right” game

How many times in his career has Zach Wilson led the Jet offense to 30 pts or more?

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

In 5 games since the bye, the Bears are averaging 29.6 PPG

That includes dropping 29 on a Cowboys team that just held the previously 8-1 Vikings to a whopping 3 pts today 

On the backs of the defense, the Jets are the better team on paper

But I don’t agree that this will be an easy “get right” game

How many times in his career has Zach Wilson led the Jet offense to 30 pts or more?

Since the Bears blew out NE they have allowed less than 30 pts once, which was today. Their defense isn't exactly what it used to be, even earlier in the season, since they traded players like Roquan Smith.

That said, no game in the NFL is an easy "get right" game, even against teams like the Lions. This Jets team held the Bills to 17 points. All of the other offenses they dominated were either injured or crappy. If Fields plays this might be the best offense the Jets have played, but it's also the worst defense the Jets have played since Zach came back from injury. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Zach Wilson looks like a normal QB next game, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he looked awful again. 

There is a negative margin for error for Zach. 

15 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

In 5 games since the bye, the Bears are averaging 29.6 PPG offensively 

It should be pointed out that the Bears are also 1-4 in those games 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Bears will be competitive and have a chance to upset us if they can run the ball.

I would be surprised. I know some people here love Justin Fields but the Bears are a flat out bad football team. The teams that give the Jets team are the ones with the best defenses, the Bears definitely aren't that. It would be a pretty big upset and set up a very miserable ride to end the season if that happened IMO*

*Has been wrong before

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I would be surprised. I know some people here love Justin Fields but the Bears are a flat out bad football team. The teams that give the Jets team are the ones with the best defenses, the Bears definitely aren't that. It would be a pretty big upset and set up a very miserable ride to end the season if that happened IMO*

*Has been wrong before

I think the offenses that have a chance against us are the ones that can really run it. And they can run the ball - I could see our defense having an off day 

You are correct - their defense isn’t good, but I think Zach Wilson needs to show some mental toughness this week and play well this week or we will be sweating this one out 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Bears will be competitive and have a chance to upset us if they can run the ball.

Kind of with you on this - don't like this game one bit.

Let's see if the culture is changing because many of us have been around too long to know this type of game

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

FYI, Eberflus also wouldn’t rule out the possibility that he misses the rest of the season. Lol. 

Yup.  Here is his quote.  Is it that hard for coaches to just say we don't know the extent of the injury yet, we will have an update on Wednesday.

“Right now, obviously you guys know the injury report comes out Wednesday. And right now, it’s day-to-day,” Eberflus said in his Monday press conference. “We’ll see where he is on Wednesday. So, we’ve got time and we’ll see where it is and we’ll go from there.”

Eberflus was asked in several different ways for a more specific update on Fields but effectively declined to say more than an update will come Wednesday with the injury report.

That is, until he was asked if the team could rule out whether Fields’ injury would end his season.

“We have not ruled that out at this point,” Eberflus said. “We’ll see where it is on Wednesday"

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Kind of with you on this - don't like this game one bit.

Let's see if the culture is changing because many of us have been around too long to know this type of game

Yep, I just get a SOJ feel.

It could be me just still being in the dumps about yesterday, but this will be the first game in which we are favored all year and I just need to see this team play well in that scenario. And also just very down on the QB. 

• Upvote 1